What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukraine has lost more troops during the Russian invasion than there are infantry in the British army, defense expert says​

Ukraine's military has suffered more casualties in the four months since Russia's invasion than there are infantry troops the British Army all together, a defense expert said.

There were 18,000 infantry in the British Army in 2021, according to the UK Defence Journal.

Jack Watling, a senior research fellow at the Royal United Services Institute (RUSI), came to the startling conclusion during a speech at the RUSI Land Warfare Conference Tuesday, according to reporters and attendees at the conference.

Last edited:
Artillery fires 60,000 shells per day that would be suicide if Ukraine army remains static staying in one place.

I wonder how long the Russian can keep firing at this rate , before running into some ammunition shortage . That is almost 2 million shells a month. No stock is limitless , they are bound to run into some supply issues at some point.

And i see that on top of that , they lost a couple of ammunition depos in recent week. Judging by the size of some of the explosions , that's looks like ten of thousands of shells , intended for the front . gone up in one go.

~

Last edited:
@jhungary

I assume that Russia has decided to attack Odessa via land and not sea. This is why they have abandoned the Snake Island in the first place.

I wonder how long the Russian can keep firing at this rate , before running into some ammunition shortage . That is almost 2 million shells a month. No stock is limitless , they are bound to run into some supply issues at some point.

And i see that on top of that , they lost a couple of ammunition depos in recent week. Judging by the size of some of the explosions , that's looks like ten of thousands of shells , intended for the front . gone up in one go.

~
60k shells per day, every day. That’s lot. Russia ammo factories must run full speed. But seems they run out of high precision ammunitions, land missiles. they now even use Kh22 antiship missiles to target civil infra. As seen they hit a shopping mall. Putin’s goal is maximum terror.

63EAC260-13EB-4631-9F8B-816069B1ABA7.jpeg

@jhungary

I assume that Russia has decided to attack Odessa via land and not sea. This is why they have abandoned the Snake Island in the first place.
You can't attack Odessa via land without taking Mykolaiv. The troop station in Transnistria is too low (mid-1000s) to make any different. When Snake Island felt, the majority of the defending troop facing Black sea can be relief while keeping the troop between Mykolaiv and Odessa in place. Which would then free up the troop in question for redeployment.

They were facing attacking on 2 sides before, now only one.

Plus, I honestly don't think the Russia can push the Ukrainian that far back into Mykolaiv, IF, let just say for argument sake, if that was to happen, it would have to wait until Battle of Donbas concluded in Russian favor, and then judging by the advance the Russia did in Donbas, you are talking about 3 to 4 months to cover the 70 odd km from Kherson to Mykolaiv, and that is just for putting themselves in position to attack Mykolaiv. Not taking it or on the way to Odessa

Odessa is a gone objective, the fact shown pretty clear by Russian releasing Snake Island.

My source told me huge explosion was heard in Kherson Airport.

Looks like Ukrianian is shelling Kherson Airport North West of the City. Maybe nothing or maybe making a move.
The Airport is 10km from City centre, and around 5 to 6 Km from the outskirt of the city. Russian force is on Kherson Airport.

ROYAL UNITED SERVICES INSTITUTE - UK

The West Cannot match the Industrial Military Output of Russia

The Return of Industrial Warfare​

The war in Ukraine has proven that the age of industrial warfare is still here. The massive consumption of equipment, vehicles and ammunition requires a large-scale industrial base for resupply – quantity still has a quality of its own. The mass scale combat has pitted 250,000 Ukrainian soldiers, together with 450,000 recently mobilised citizen soldiers against about 200,000 Russian and separatist troops. The effort to arm, feed and supply these armies is a monumental task. Ammunition resupply is particularly onerous. For Ukraine, compounding this task are Russian deep fires capabilities, which target Ukrainian military industry and transportation networks throughout the depth of the country. The Russian army has also suffered from Ukrainian cross-border attacks and acts of sabotage, but at a smaller scale. The rate of ammunition and equipment consumption in Ukraine can only be sustained by a large-scale industrial base.

This reality should be a concrete warning to Western countries, who have scaled down military industrial capacity and sacrificed scale and effectiveness for efficiency. This strategy relies on flawed assumptions about the future of war, and has been influenced by both the bureaucratic culture in Western governments and the legacy of low-intensity conflicts. Currently, the West may not have the industrial capacity to fight a large-scale war. If the US government is planning to once again become the arsenal of democracy, then the existing capabilities of the US military-industrial base and the core assumptions that have driven its development need to be re-examined.

Russia is never going to take Odessa.
Mariupol took 2 month, Severondoensk took 2 week and Lysychansk is taking 2 days. Russia tempo and logistics are firing on all cylinders. Donbass will be quickly overrun because the worse possible outcome of a defensive front is low moral and logistical confusion as ukrainian army retreat. Lysychansk had Ukranine's battle hardened troops and if they don't stand to fight, the entire Donbass defensive line will collapse. Whether Putin wants Odessa or Kharkiv, it's up to him. I can't see how a newly formed conscript army with little training can stand up to Russia army.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom