What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
This war shows that Europe has been sleepwalking under US protection.

It is clear that without the US, Europe neither has political cohesion or millitary coordination to stand against a Russian game in its own backyard.
Western Europe yes. Central Eastern Europe - not really. Europe has the Power, it simply needs to understands, it has it and the Russia is not really strong. It`s more psychology, Europe is super strong comparing to Russia.

Last edited:
Urgent Russian Defense Minister Shoigu: American planes are flying over our borders more than before, and we are studying the possibility of targeting them with cruise missiles.
Targeting planes with cruise missiles, lol....and this guy runs the Russian military...hehe
Next they'll be targeting ships with tank shells,lel

humbly, if its between a yes and no, i would say yes.
Excellent. That is all we need to know. For the record, according to military 'analyst' and 'expert' @925boy the US military is a 'loser' military and that no one should take anything we say/do seriously.

I do commend you for having the courage to speak your opinion. At least one other PDF member was too chickenshit to answer. Hopefully, others will take you as example and follow suit, and when I say 'others' I mean the military leaderships of other countries as well.

Western Europe yes. Central Eastern Europe - not really. Europe has the Power, it simply needs to understands it`s power and the real weakness of Russia.

I have alway been suspicious of NATO and EU eastward expansion. Some of my concern were proven right in todays environment.

Western Europe has all the ingredients, absolutely but its missing the chef. At best atm, it can only work as a well coordinated program of independent states with independent mentalities and armed forces. What happens if America goes full isolationist mode? Europe is forgetting that America is not a part of Europe and has its own internal life. Short of a united Army under single command and politicial leadership i cant see it being a Global Power it wants to be.

I have alway been suspicious of NATO and EU eastward expansion. Some of my concern were proven right in todays environment.
Why ? It was very benefiting for both sides. The Problem is, that Ukraine is not in NATO, otherwise, there would be no war.
Western Europe has all the ingredients, absolutely but its missing the chef. At best now it can only work as a well coordinated program of independent states with independent mentalities and armed forces. What happens if America goes full isolation mode? Europe is forgetting that America is not a prt of Europe and has its own internal life. Short of a united Army under single command and politicial leadership i cant see it being a Global Power is want to be.
Western Europe. It`s not the cold war anymore. You have the UE right now.
I`m a fan of a united EU army which should happen, but it should take into account the wishes of the Eastern members of the EU, that really have a bigger potential than Russia, but see it as the main threat ( kinda the current war proves why )

Targeting planes with cruise missiles, lol....and this guy runs the Russian military...hehe
You do realise that planes take off and land on something called an airbase or airfield.

That's the thing you target when you want to deny your enemy.

Haven't you heard that "the best place to destroy an airplane is on the ground".

You do realise that planes take off and land on something called an airbase or airfield.

That's the thing you target when you want to deny your enemy.

Haven't you heard that "the best place to destroy an airplane is on the ground".
They want to target the plane around their airspace in its base not when it's.....you know?....around their air space?....Russian military genius 🙄

Yeah, Putler can nuke, but ruSSian ABMs are nowhere near SM-3, Aster-NT bloc.2, THAAD, GMD, etc...

You only need to protect your government, and super duper critical sites. For all intents, and purposes, even 1000 warheads will not be enough to even halve US military, and economic output.

They put 1000 warheads into military sites? Good! US has thousands of them, most only manned by less then a dozen men.

They want to "vaporize" cities? Besides top 10 cities, US has very small population density. They will need half the launch just to partially destroy them to render them unsuitable for continued habitation.

NATO is 1 billion people, and 1500 warheads cannot possibly kill more than 50M. Only 5% of population.

Russia, or China on another hand are super centralised countries. Officials there can't cook a pot of porridge unless commanded. Loss of the eunich class all living in imperial capital will paralyze the country. If eunichs are dead, or the party leadership along with them, it will take a few civil wars, coups, and a year+ of martial law to reestablish the most minimal semblance of control.

Last edited:
They want to target the plane around their airspace in its base not when it's.....you know?....around their air space?....Russian military genius 🙄
again read my earlier "the best place to destroy airplanes is on the ground".

That is when you are not afraid of escalation.

again read my earlier "the best place to destroy airplanes is on the ground".

That is when you are not afraid of escalation.
Let's just admit that the idiot doesn't know the difference between a AA and a cruise missile.

Why ? It was very benefiting for both sides. The Problem is, that Ukraine is not in NATO, otherwise, there would be no war.

Yes economically it made sense.
But strategically and millitarily, no. Because Eastern Europe is a liability in that regard. Again i am seeing this in the context of US umbrella. Like how far is US and major Western European nations wiling to sacrifice their own citizens and soldiers for a nation in eastern most parts, that are on the doorstep of Russia? There is a psychological treshold. We are not talking about nice words and wishful thinking that prevails during peactime. Because when war breaks out, reality starts to sink in. Why integrate so many new countries on the EU eastern border if you dont have a strong Army to protect them (leaving out US leadership and full spectrum NATO mobilization for now).
Western Europe. It`s not the cold war anymore. You have the UE right now.
I`m a fan of a united EU army which should happen, but it should take into account the wishes of the Eastern members of the EU, that really have a bigger potential than Russia, but see it as the main threat ( kinda the current war proves why )

You just answered your first question. Its takes more political energy to cater to so many states and make eveybody happy. If Western Europe had a United political rule and united Army, eastward expansion of EU is a no brainer. But EU has really been riding on the coat tail of US millitary might.

Actually he said with winged missiles..meaning anti-aircraft missiles.. the translation was bad..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom