What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
The money is probably okay, EU is well prepared financially. I am asking about reliability. I mean the political and security issues in Africa is probably not favorable for EU to rely on Africa's HC.

Nations like Egypt for example are more stable than Russia

So has the Russian frigate Admiral Makarov been sunk? I was hearing reports on it a few weeks back but its suddenly gone quiet. If its true, then thats good news for Pakistan as India is acquiring/acquired those same frigates for use in the Indian navy.

@Vergennes @jhungary @Oldman1

So has the Russian frigate Admiral Makarov been sunk? I was hearing reports on it a few weeks back but its suddenly gone quiet. If its true, then thats good news for Pakistan as India is acquiring/acquired those same frigates for use in the Indian navy.

@Vergennes @jhungary @Oldman1
Most likely no.

There are no report on OSINT or Western Briefing suggesting Admiral Makarov was damaged. The only news come from Ukraine interior ministry (or ministry of defence or whoever leak that news, I forgot)

There are however a Landing ship that was damaged in the area about the same time, and that probably is the vessel that was damaged that day.

Most likely no.

There are no report on OSINT or Western Briefing suggesting Admiral Makarov was damaged. The only news come from Ukraine interior ministry (or ministry of defence or whoever leak that news, I forgot)

There are however a Landing ship that was damaged in the area about the same time, and that probably is the vessel that was damaged that day.
Ah right. Thats good and bad news rolled into 1. (good because no loss of life), (bad because India uses it)

Russians are claiming this is an Ukrainian soldier killed during an attempted landing on Snake Island... problem he seems to wear a Russian navy belt ? This level of desperation ?

View attachment 844426
Bottom line Russians f.k.up big time. It has laid bare the useless nature of command and control structure as well as tactics.. Frankly even the cubans were far better disciplined than these insane lunatics,

Herr Putin really is now suffering from foot and mouth disease with no way out,

When did I mention Russia?

Italy switched sides before total defeat.

You sure? Try checking the stats.
You need to learn some history. Kingdom of Italy switch side in 1943 because they were liberated by the allied after Sicily , Mussolini's Italy did not switch side, Germany occupied Italy after rescuing Mussolini

It's like saying Charles de Gaulle exile government fought with Allied in 1942 and battle of France does not exist on D-Day.....

Also, when did I say you mention Russia? I can't mention Russia on my post??

View attachment 844447

This just join the war in Ukraine.......

The 2S22 Bohdana 155 SPG is said to be better than M109A6, debuted in 2018, it can fire 155mm GPS guided shell from over 50km, out ranging even M777 (M777 can shoot M982 Excalibur round at 40km).

There are 1 that made and is reportedly in the fight. More are said to be made with UK and Polish firm and probably with US or UK aid money for their production.

Ukrainian military industry is down. Their main effort now is to keep making just any ammunition.

Their 122mm ammo factory is now behind the enemy lines.

How difficult will it be for Ukraine to take Kherson? Russia is rumored to hold a referendum in that city and annex it to the federation. Not sure why they bother with the fake referendum, but nevertheless Ukraine needs to preempt such an event. Urban warfare will be a challenge for Ukraine as well :undecided:

How difficult will it be for Ukraine to take Kherson? Russia is rumored to hold a referendum in that city and annex it to the federation. Not sure why they bother with the fake referendum, but nevertheless Ukraine needs to preempt such an event. Urban warfare will be a challenge for Ukraine as well :undecided:

It's by far the easiest target. Ukrainians not attacking it for so long means they are ok with Russian forces being tied there.

Last time I checked telegrams, the unit there told of "unending" amount of Russian artillery in the area.

MLRS blasts kept flying in between sides for weeks, but they mostly hit empty ground because both sides avoid crossing each other's artillery range.

Last edited:
Ukrainian military industry is down. Their main effort now is to keep making just any ammunition.

Their 122mm ammo factory is now behind the enemy lines.

That's why I said Poland and UK is in talk to make those gun truck for Ukraine.

They also uses 155mm shell, not 152 the Russian uses, so the Brits or Poland and make them with ease.

To attack the city is easy, to block the Russian force from coming south while you are doing it is hard.

Russian are digging trenches around Kherson Oblast, meaning they are taking a defensive stance. IF (That is a big IF) the people in Kherson rise up when Ukraine Military swoop in, that would not be hard to fight off the Russian, however, the single bridge connecting Kherson and Oleshky would be a problem. Ukrainian need a blocking force to block that position, otherwise it will allow Russian to come in and out of Kherson with their reinforcement.

The Ukrainian did not make any move is probably because they don't have enough manpower to perform both task. Ukraine would also need to push troop inside shelling distant, which itself would take time.

Kherson-Mykolaiv Battle Map Draft May 15,2022.png

I noticed a general tendency as of late. Russians are losing less, and less, and less of high value units.

Almost no air defence lost, no 300mm losses, less 152mm SPHes, EW systems

1. They are either working really hard to preserve them
  2. Or they simply moved them deeply into the rear, meaning that troops on the frontline are a "meatshield"
This can mean:

1. They have no plans to resume the offensive, and they will stand where they are for a while
  2. Preparation for pullback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom