What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, so why was Minsk I+II and why was there a paragraph which said that Donbas is part of Ukraine, but autonome? So how can you then say that russia tried to separate the Donbas when Russia signed Minsk I+II? And Ukraine broke Minsk I+II by bombing te people in Donbas.

Krim has held a people referendum. They had the special rights to do it. It is like Bayern or Sachsen in Germany. If they want to leave they can leave after peoples referendum. All other states in Germany cant. And the same it was with Krim. And they use it. So no "Russia take Krim". Please inform yourself about the special rights of the Krim at that time.

The Donbas (Donetsk/Lugansk) had 8 years of bombing and killing through Kiew. Tens of thousands dead, killed by Kiew. They learned to fight the hard way. Strelkov? Motorolla? Givi? Ever heard these Names? Or the circumstances they were in?

Well, would the way through the battlefield been better for them? Through arty and bombs ect.? Or was it in the rules of the Genua conventions to bring the civilist on a safe way out of the warzone?

What do you know of what all happened in my life? Nothing! So only you are naiv in your view about me. I hope for you you never will be forced to change it.

FYI

Donbas is part of Ukraine and it is for the Ukranians to decide how it is governed.

I acknowledge that Yanukovych government was in part responsible for fueling political dissent and separatist crisis in Donbas (and Crimea) but these movements could not succeed without active Russian patronage and support.

Check following reports:

Russians were actively involved in supporting separatists in Donbas. Russians annexed Crimea in 2014 and made it impractical for Ukraine to reclaim entire Donbas. This is the controversy that you do not seem to understand.

Which side was backing the controversial Yanukovych government? Which side took full advantage of the resulting chaos?

From Vox:

"This all began as an internal Ukrainian crisis in November 2013, when President Viktor Yanukovych rejected a deal for greater integration with the European Union (here's why this was such a big deal), sparking mass protests, which Yanukovych attempted to put down violently. Russia backed Yanukovych in the crisis, while the US and Europe supported the protesters.

Since then, several big things have happened. In February, anti-government protests toppled the government and ran Yanukovych out of the country. Russia, trying to salvage its lost influence in Ukraine, invaded and annexed Crimea the next month. In April, pro-Russia separatist rebels began seizing territory in eastern Ukraine. The rebels shot down Malaysian Airlines flight 17 on July 17, killing 298 people, probably accidentally. Fighting between the rebels and the Ukrainian military intensified, the rebels started losing, and, in August, the Russian army overtly invaded eastern Ukraine to support the rebels. This has all brought the relationship between Russia and the West to its lowest point since the Cold War. Sanctions are pushing the Russian economy to the brink of recession, and more than 2,500 Ukrainians have been killed."

Clear enough?

I am not discussing your life here.

Our discussion is about controversial role of Russia in supporting separatism in Donbas since 2014. See above.

I also pointed out current realities in my previous post:

"Russia found it easier to take Crimea but Donbas have mixed population base where many are accepting of Zelenskyy administration. How do you think Mariupol resisted for so long? This is but one location. There are pockets of resistance in other locations as well. Just look at the number of Russian troops involved in this location.

There is a limit to how much commoners can resist by the way. Many are not trained to fight a war. Russia is also forcibly deporting as many commoners as it can to its mainland to give the impression that these are refugees. Some have managed to escape from Russia and exposed this development. Russians will tell you a different story of-course.

Even a Russian source is admitting the obvious:

Ukranian refugees in Russia are not happy. They want to leave."

You do not seem to understand how so many Ukranians felt about Russian intervention in Donbas. They did not like it.

I have shared so much information with you in my posts only for you to ignore much of it.

Take your time to check the links provided by me and try to comprehend my statements in relation. You do not have to respond to my posts on immediate basis. You need to digest information provided by me to have a better understanding of developments in Ukraine.

FYI

Donbas is part of Ukraine and it is for the Ukranians to decide how it is governed.

I acknowledge that Yanukovych government was in part responsible for fueling political dissent and separatist crisis in Donbas (and Crimea) but these movements could not succeed without active Russian patronage and support.

Check following reports:

Russians were actively involved in supporting separatists in Donbas. Russians annexed Crimea in 2014 and made it impractical for Ukraine to reclaim entire Donbas. This is the controversy that you do not seem to understand.

Which side was backing the controversial Yanukovych government? Which side took full advantage of the resulting chaos?

From Vox:

"This all began as an internal Ukrainian crisis in November 2013, when President Viktor Yanukovych rejected a deal for greater integration with the European Union (here's why this was such a big deal), sparking mass protests, which Yanukovych attempted to put down violently. Russia backed Yanukovych in the crisis, while the US and Europe supported the protesters.

Since then, several big things have happened. In February, anti-government protests toppled the government and ran Yanukovych out of the country. Russia, trying to salvage its lost influence in Ukraine, invaded and annexed Crimea the next month. In April, pro-Russia separatist rebels began seizing territory in eastern Ukraine. The rebels shot down Malaysian Airlines flight 17 on July 17, killing 298 people, probably accidentally. Fighting between the rebels and the Ukrainian military intensified, the rebels started losing, and, in August, the Russian army overtly invaded eastern Ukraine to support the rebels. This has all brought the relationship between Russia and the West to its lowest point since the Cold War. Sanctions are pushing the Russian economy to the brink of recession, and more than 2,500 Ukrainians have been killed."

Clear enough?

I am not discussing your life here.

Our discussion is about controversial role of Russia in supporting separatism in Donbas since 2014. See above.

I also pointed out current realities in my previous post:

"Russia found it easier to take Crimea but Donbas have mixed population base where many are accepting of Zelenskyy administration. How do you think Mariupol resisted for so long? This is but one location. There are pockets of resistance in other locations as well. Just look at the number of Russian troops involved in this location.

There is a limit to how much commoners can resist by the way. Many are not trained to fight a war. Russia is also forcibly deporting as many commoners as it can to its mainland to give the impression that these are refugees. Some have managed to escape from Russia and exposed this development. Russians will tell you a different story of-course.

Even a Russian source is admitting the obvious:

Ukranian refugees in Russia are not happy. They want to leave."

You do not seem to understand how so many Ukranians felt about Russian intervention in Donbas. They did not like it.

I have shared so much information with you in my posts only for you to ignore much of it.

Take your time to check the links provided by me and try to comprehend my statements in relation. You do not have to respond to my posts on immediate basis. You need to digest information provided by me to have a better understanding of developments in Ukraine.

This is so redicules. Bellingcat. And the others. Sorry for you but i put you on the ignore list. Maybe you are a nice guy but enough is enough.

Edit:

LOL i cant set you on ignore.

This is so redicules. Bellingcat. And the others. Sorry for you but i put you on the ignore list. Maybe you are a nice guy but enough is enough.

Edit:

LOL i cant set you on ignore.
This is trolling, dear.

Ignoring me is not an issue but I am very disappointed with this post - how you chose to conclude our debate. This attitude is unproductive for debates. You have a problem with numerous sources. There is no fix for this.

You need a break from this thread.

Biden summoned the Director of National Intelligence, the Director of Central Intelligence (CIA), and the Secretary of Defense: “To make clear in the strongest terms that this kind of leakage about US military aid to Ukraine is a reckless act that must stop immediately.

The leak of information about the role of US military intelligence in helping the Ukrainians target Russian army generals on the battlefronts, despite the official denial of it, and the new leak about the role it also played in sinking the Russian cruiser "Moskva", angered President Biden. According to a report in The New York Times, Biden summoned the Director of National Intelligence, the Director of Central Intelligence (CIA), and the Secretary of Defense: “To make it clear in the strongest terms that this kind of loose leaks is a reckless act that must stop immediately, before it ends up with us.” end up in an unintended war with Russia.” The report added that senior US officials made it clear that these leaks were not part of any deliberate strategy, and Biden was angry about them; because it might indicate that “we are no longer in an indirect war with Russia; We are heading toward direct war, and no one has prepared the American people or Congress for that.”

According to US officials, this is doubly dangerous; Because it is increasingly clear to them that Putin's behavior is as unpredictable as in the past, which could lead him to respond in ways that could dangerously expand this conflict.

https://aawsat.com/home/article/3633441/بايدن-غاضب-من-تسريبات-قد-«تورط»-بلاده-في-حرب-مع-روسيا

The Speaker of the State Duma, Vyacheslav Volodin, called for holding the US leadership responsible for "the crimes committed by the Kyiv regime in Ukraine and adding them to the list of war criminals." "The United States has admitted that it is coordinating the military operations of Ukraine, and therefore is participating in hostilities against Russia," Volodin added.

https://aawsat.com/home/article/3633656/تصعيد-ميداني-في-أوكرانيا-عشية-«يوم-النصر»

Technological the US is on the decline.

Genetic sequencing, social media related I.T., aerospace, public safety, space tech, etc, etc. It is disingenuous to deny that the US is among the leaders in these and other technologies.

And what art? Pedophil Disney channel? Woke bullshit? Sick Hollywood films? Lol!

Blues, rock, pop, jazz, hip hop, house, techno, almost any kind of non-local music genre came from the US. Incidentally, many, though not all, of the US music inventions came from Africa-American culture.

And what sience? Most "siencific succsess" in US is made by foreign scientists working there.

Well, I am one of those crazy nuts who thinks Relativity and Quantum Mechanics are fundamentally flawed, but that's another story. :) Also, both SRT/GR and QM are European inventions, so that's another side debate.

On a serious note, the US has the most number of scientific paper citations. That is an objective measure of scientific output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom