What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
First the Russians said he was dead, then he said he ran away, then they said he was dead a second time, now they're saying this.

At this point, the Russians have proven their narratives shouldn't just be believed on good faith, because the Russians have shown they lack good faith.

Kadyrov and has tiktok brigade have been extremely disappointing, to the point of being jokes.

There's plenty of evidence to suggest that a lot of the areas that Clowndyrov claims the Chechens cleared of Ukrainian forces were in fact cleared by regular Russian forces, and Clowndyrov is just taking credit. His clownlike behavior is so much that his army of clowns filmed themselves fake-clearing already cleared areas.

Ok now I am confused. I thought the narrative is that Russia is sending ethnic minorities like the Chechens to do the fighting for the Russians because the Russians are incompetent bunch and the loss of Russians will tip the political support for Putin back home?

But now it is the Russians that are doing the fighting? So that means that Russia is not really sending ethnic minorities only to the frontline right?

Ok now I am confused. I thought the narrative is that Russia is sending ethnic minorities like the Chechens to do the fighting for the Russians because the Russians are incompetent bunch and the loss of Russians will tip the political support for Putin back home?

But now it is the Russians that are doing the fighting? So that means that Russia is not really sending ethnic minorities only to the frontline right?
I don't know who you heard that from, but that was never my narrative.

I've been fairly consistent from the beginning.

The Russians may be incompetent at war, but their soldiers are doing the heavy lifting.

Chechens are just as Russian as anyone born in Moscow. Russia does not document race the way Canada and the US documents race such as White and Black. In Russia if you speak Russian you can identify as ethnic Russian.

This war has proved the veracity of the Turkish weaponry, especially TB-2s...

TB2s alone have proved all the Russian EW to be ineffective as it is taking out their equipment at will...

The Ukrainian counteroffensive northeast of Kharkiv is making significant progress and will likely advance to the Russian border in the coming days or weeks. Russian forces may be conducting a limited withdrawal in the face of successful Ukrainian attacks and reportedly destroyed three bridges to slow the Ukrainian advance. Armies generally only destroy bridges if they have largely decided they will not attempt to cross the river in the other direction anytime soon; Russian forces are therefore unlikely to launch operations to retake the northeast outskirts of Kharkiv liberated by Ukrainian forces in the near future. Russian forces previously destroyed several bridges during their retreat from Chernihiv Oblast—as did Ukrainian forces withdrawing in the face of the Russian offensive in the initial days of the war.

This Ukrainian offensive is likely intended to push Russian forces out of artillery range of Kharkiv city and drive to the border of Russia’s Belgorod Oblast. As ISW previously forecasted, the Ukrainian counteroffensive is forcing Russian units intended for deployment elsewhere to redeploy to the Kharkiv front to halt Ukrainian attacks. Given the current rate of Ukrainian advances, Russian forces may be unable to prevent Ukrainian forces from reaching the Russian border, even with additional reinforcements. Ukrainian forces are not directly threatening Russian lines of communication to Izyum (and ISW cannot verify claims of a separate Ukrainian counteroffensive toward Izyum at this time), but the Ukrainian counteroffensive demonstrates promising Ukrainian capabilities and may set conditions for further offensive operations into northeastern Kharkiv Oblast.

Things are looking bleak for Russia in the Kharkiv region

The Ukrainian counteroffensive northeast of Kharkiv is making significant progress and will likely advance to the Russian border in the coming days or weeks. Russian forces may be conducting a limited withdrawal in the face of successful Ukrainian attacks and reportedly destroyed three bridges to slow the Ukrainian advance. Armies generally only destroy bridges if they have largely decided they will not attempt to cross the river in the other direction anytime soon; Russian forces are therefore unlikely to launch operations to retake the northeast outskirts of Kharkiv liberated by Ukrainian forces in the near future. Russian forces previously destroyed several bridges during their retreat from Chernihiv Oblast—as did Ukrainian forces withdrawing in the face of the Russian offensive in the initial days of the war.

This Ukrainian offensive is likely intended to push Russian forces out of artillery range of Kharkiv city and drive to the border of Russia’s Belgorod Oblast. As ISW previously forecasted, the Ukrainian counteroffensive is forcing Russian units intended for deployment elsewhere to redeploy to the Kharkiv front to halt Ukrainian attacks. Given the current rate of Ukrainian advances, Russian forces may be unable to prevent Ukrainian forces from reaching the Russian border, even with additional reinforcements. Ukrainian forces are not directly threatening Russian lines of communication to Izyum (and ISW cannot verify claims of a separate Ukrainian counteroffensive toward Izyum at this time), but the Ukrainian counteroffensive demonstrates promising Ukrainian capabilities and may set conditions for further offensive operations into northeastern Kharkiv Oblast.

Things are looking bleak for Russia in the Kharkiv region

I think it would be suicidal for them to get close to the Russian border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom