What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't want to send in a large force that will get wiped out in one go, and its hard to manage and coordinate a large force especially by the Russians.
No batallion or above scale engagements from either side.

nothing will happen.

There are still not really a point to talk, for a peace talk to work, you need to have 1 side that clearly have some advantage and the other side is desperate. I don't see both side have any advantage to talk.

On the other hand, Kyiv front is almost completely rout, couple with the influx of Territorial Defence Force, I can foresee a more general push on Ukraine part. If I was the Ukrainian, I will go after the southern route along Zaporizhzhia and Kherson, first, that is the closest, which mean less logistic issue, second doing so will also free up some element that are currently defending Odesa

We will see how the next phase of counter offensive goes, because if Russian fall back, they would want to talk, and if Ukrainian cannot make head way or stuck in the counter offensive, they would want to talk.
Need to take Melitopol and Berdiansk, split the enemy force in two. I've seen reports the Russians may blow up the bridge at Kherson city, so the Ukrainians may have to go around. But looking at the map some of the cities nearby Donbas region will be important in defense and offense against the Russian forces. Don't know what the status of the Russian forces from Kiev operation but they should be in shambles and morale really low, I wouldn't be surprise many would quit or desert.

They did, it included unspecified amount of Uparmored Humvee in this 300 millions aid package

And the Bushmaster 4x4 is a MRAP.
Need to provide those helos and jets as well as artillery and so on. This is for the war and post war for Ukraine's security. This is a good time when you have atrocities going on in Ukraine by the Russians that it doesn't matter anymore. Sneak those jets on truck trailers at night or something.

Nato states can only circle around and make noises, no one dares to take on Russia head on
More like Russia does not want to take NATO head on, else Russia would have invaded Poland, a NATO member.

Where you get that info?
Let’s assume it’s true. Then probably because Russia invasion army is too small for large scale offensives.
Putin has 230,000 men including the separatists. Plus 15,000 mercenaries. That’s too little for a size of a country larger than Germany.

An invasion army must exceed defending force by 3:1 or higher.

The PLA had 600,000 men attacking 100,000 men on Vietnam side in the 1979 war.

Putin should have sent one million soldiers into the war. Minimum.

I would say please do not comment on military issue you have no idea what you are talking about

Battalion is a organisation that is above deployment level, we are not fighting a war in 1942 anymore, you don't see unit being deployed in a Battalion as a whole. You break down a battalion to fight a war in smaller group, either in company or platoon.

Russia uses Battalion instead of Regiment or Brigade as a basic unit level

I was deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan as a Brigade Combat team, does that mean we need to have all 4000 people in the same Brigade jammed up in the same area and fight??

The last time the US was fighting in a Battalion level is 1944 when the US held down German counter attack at Normandy. (or Battle of the Bulge if you count defensive action)

And US Battalion is a lot less people than a Russian Battalion.

Last edited:
And all these supposedly are stolen and originated from a warzone that is still raging.

:coffee: very creative and imaginative.

But offers very little credence and hard to believe. Especially to those with a bit of commonsense.

Only if you dont know russia. Russia always does this. Looting civilians, rape and murder them. Its part of their military doctrine and alwas has been.

Where you get that info?
Let’s assume it’s true. Then probably because Russia invasion army is too small for large scale offensives.
Putin has 230,000 men including the separatists. Plus 15,000 mercenaries. That’s too little for a size of a country larger than Germany.

An invasion army must exceed defending force by 3:1 or higher.

The PLA had 600,000 men attacking 100,000 men on Vietnam side in the 1979 war.

Putin should have sent one million soldiers into the war. Minimum.
Not just small, just hard to move around, its not like open desert during Gulf War 1, go around in the mud they are stuck, go on the road in a column they can go only like 1 vehicle at a time and get ambushed and stuck and can't move forward.

Last edited:
Need to provide those helos and jets as well as artillery and so on. This is for the war and post war for Ukraine's security. This is a good time when you have atrocities going on in Ukraine by the Russians that it doesn't matter anymore. Sneak those jets on truck trailers at night or something.

Well, jet at this stage really is not a big concern, after the war is over and they need to reconstitute their Air Force, then may be.

At this point, Ukraine needed a lot of tactical equipment to goes with the upcoming TDF influx. My source told me they have completed round 1 of TDF mobilisation which mean there are 200,000 TDF force coming in a week or 2 after their training is complete. And they are looking at another round of TDF mobilisation. You will need a lot of armoured vehicle, APC and stuff like that for them to use.

From my source, they are aiming at forming at least 2 more Amour Brigade, which you are talking about 120 to 144 tanks in total.

Well, jet at this stage really is not a big concern, after the war is over and they need to reconstitute their Air Force, then may be.

At this point, Ukraine needed a lot of tactical equipment to goes with the upcoming TDF influx. My source told me they have completed round 1 of TDF mobilisation which mean there are 200,000 TDF force coming in a week or 2 after their training is complete. And they are looking at another round of TDF mobilisation. You will need a lot of armoured vehicle, APC and stuff like that for them to use.

From my source, they are aiming at forming at least 2 more Amour Brigade, which you are talking about 120 to 144 tanks in total.
Feel like they need air cover in the long run.

Nato states can only circle around and make noises, no one dares to take on Russia head on

View attachment 829949

You obviously dont know nature eithee. Hyenas are the far superior hunters in tge Serengeti and push back lions when clashing, lions are more scavengers than hyenas.

Need to take Melitopol and Berdiansk, split the enemy force in two. I've seen reports the Russians may blow up the bridge at Kherson city, so the Ukrainians may have to go around. But looking at the map some of the cities nearby Donbas region will be important in defense and offense against the Russian forces. Don't know what the status of the Russian forces from Kiev operation but they should be in shambles and morale really low, I wouldn't be surprise many would quit or desert.
They are losing Kherson, I don't see how they can hold Kherson and kept Pressure on Mariupol at the same time, extra troop deployment in the region is monitored so there are no way they can sneak in anyone to support the effort south. At this point I am not even sure can Russia hold Mariupol had they capture it. That just too hard of a fighting. I would not imagine a lot of Russia troop left to defend Mariupol or even the Counter Offensive south for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom