What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Albania has been trying to get into EU, too. Once that is cleared, I don't think the Christian cultural barrier will remain relevant.

Most of Europe is post-Christian. Very few people take Christianity seriously. But for them it is an integral part of their historical and cultural identity. They love the beautiful old cathedrals, and the rich art and culture of their Christian forefathers.

A major part of European history teaches them the centuries of war with Muslims. There were times when Turkish armies were besieging Vienna and Europe was in danger of being overrun by Muslims. All that is taught to them and makes up a major part of who they are.

Even if they leave Christianity as a religion they will never allow a large Muslim country like Turkey in. All they do is give Turkey hope to keep it dangling so that it stays away from going full Ottoman. Islamic revival is one of the nightmares that keeps European thinkers awake in the night.

I've known all my life that they'll never let Turkey in, but the Turks don't seem to have given up hope. I can't say about Albania, it's only a little country, but most probably they'll also never be let in.

Last edited:

This twitter thread is supposedly Putin's plan of action that is leaked by an FSB insider. The script says that Putin's plan for next few days is to declare threats against NATO and bully them into accepting favorable terms. Apparently, Putin is very confident that this threat based tactic would succeed and NATO will eventually disintegrate.

The internet is full of such conspiracies, but thought people may find this an amusing read. :cheers:

The American Javelin is in the possession of the Russian Airborne Special Forces, after fierce clashes in which a Ukrainian army unit was exterminated and 8 vehicles and 3 armored vehicles were destroyed..

1647379648436.png

The world is on the brink of the Third World War

—Danilov, Head of National Security of Ukraine

Very good counter or pro example depending from what side you look on it is Turkey.

No. 2 military in NATO by conventional firepower. With Turkey, EU would've instantly gained a conventional military parity with both Russia, and the US.

15-10 years ago, Turkey's EU accession talks were well advanced, and still serious.

Once they were on the finish line, one French president had a manhood size problem, and sabotaged further talks, which in a few years resulted in Turkey U-turning from the EU, and likely precipitated the July 15 coup.

EU has no means to counter such "small manhood tantrums" from its core members.
If the EU was smarter then it would expand membership into MENA. Remember the Romans were a Mediterranean empire. This would also resolve their energy problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom