What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

50% Soleder is taken

Bakhmut East is taken and they have advanced into the city centre

Seversk has lost 2 suburbs

basically when this defensive line falls the Russian juggernaut will steam forward at full pace through the open country and no other defensive line is in the way
Well, first of all, this is a very big "Scale Back" from what you claim. So is this to be believed? Or is the previous claim to be believed?

Second of all, Russia has been trying to get to both Bakhmut and Sieversk since July. And now it is the end of August. And both city is not anywhere near the size of Sieverdonetsk or Lysychansk. And both were taken within 2 months. Now it's nearly there and Russia still not been fully able to take it. I would say this "Juggernaut" is probably bobbling instead of steaming forward. Considering the Russian took Vuhlehirska Power Plant south of Bakhmut back in late July (about July 25 IIRC) and Butivka coal mine near southwest of Avdiivka on July 30, it's been almost a month and there aren't any significant progress, this offensive is more likely as good as dead.

Thirdly. There are other defensive line after Sieversk and Bakhmut. You still need to go pass M03 highway after Sieversk to have a go at Kramatosk or Slovansk, and after Bakhmut, you will still need to take Avdiivka to continue south to the rest of Donetsk......

Well, first of all, this is a very big "Scale Back" from what you claim. So is this to be believed? Or is the previous claim to be believed?

Second of all, Russia has been trying to get to both Bakhmut and Sieversk since July. And now it is the end of August. And both city is not anywhere near the size of Sieverdonetsk or Lysychansk. And both were taken within 2 months. Now it's nearly there and Russia still not been fully able to take it. I would say this "Juggernaut" is probably bobbling instead of steaming forward. Considering the Russian took Vuhlehirska Power Plant south of Bakhmut back in late July (about July 25 IIRC) and Butivka coal mine near southwest of Avdiivka on July 30, it's been almost a month and there aren't any significant progress, this offensive is more likely as good as dead.

Thirdly. There are other defensive line after Sieversk and Bakhmut. You still need to go pass M03 highway after Sieversk to have a go at Kramatosk or Slovansk, and after Bakhmut, you will still need to take Avdiivka to continue south to the rest of Donetsk......

have you seen the Seversk-Soledar-Bukhmut defence line?

its been fortified over a 8 year period, deep under ground tunnels, concrete structures, trenches and interlocking artillery fire

all the forest in-between also have trenches and hidden pill boxes its a very tough fight

if Russia can break this line they can break anything and I mean anything

plus Ukraine has received alot of weapons and they are getting reinforcements in so its not like Russia can go around and outflank and encircle and cut the line which they are very well good at, this time its basically blasting through the line using sheer firepower

it took US 9 months to take Fallujah and it was against poorly trained Iraqis and it fell to ISIS in 2 weeks

so lets give credit where it is due next, and also the temperature is about to drop and Winter suites the Russians right down to the T and when those forests have no leaves they wont be of any benefit to the defending Ukrainians

have you seen the Seversk-Soledar-Bukhmut defence line?

its been fortified over a 8 year period, deep under ground tunnels, concrete structures, trenches and interlocking artillery fire

all the forest in-between also have trenches and hidden pill boxes its a very tough fight

if Russia can break this line they can break anything and I mean anything

plus Ukraine has received alot of weapons and they are getting reinforcements in so its not like Russia can go around and outflank and encircle and cut the line which they are very well good at, this time its basically blasting through the line using sheer firepower

it took US 9 months to take Fallujah and it was against poorly trained Iraqis and it fell to ISIS in 2 weeks

so lets give credit where it is due next, and also the temperature is about to drop and Winter suites the Russians right down to the T and when those forests have no leaves they wont be of any benefit to the defending Ukrainians
Are you seriously comparing a conventional military operation in Ukraine to anti-insurgency operation in Fallujah? By the way, US troop took Fallujah on day 13 of Operation Iraqi Freedom. And it's 179 days since Russian invasion, they still can't take Pisky, which is merely 1 mile away from Donetsk international Airport....

I mean, if you are really doing this, then I got nothing to say......

And lol, it wasn't like they build that line for 8 years, anyway, what does that mean, so you build a trench for 8 years and it somehow can offer you more protection??

And don't forget this war started in winter. And it would have been true for Russia when they started this war. But with almost all their advance military equipment gone and have to resort to old MLRS and T-64? What kind of advantage do Russia have left?

And it's not like you just look at what is happening to predict 3 months down the road. You need to look at how Russia handles this war in the easy time and how they handle it in the hard time. If you believe by some magic Russia will be able to continue their advance in winter in an offensive role no less, when they failed to do it with fresh troop and better equipment, I will consider that wishful thinking.

This is not WW2 and Ukraine is not Germany, German was not accustomed to harsh Russian winter, Ukrainian had, and as defender, they have a better job as you fight in prepared position, for an attacker, you need to get into open to do your job.

Are you seriously comparing a conventional military operation in Ukraine to anti-insurgency operation in Fallujah? By the way, US troop took Fallujah on day 13 of Operation Iraqi Freedom. And it's 179 days since Russian invasion, they still can't take Pisky, which is merely 1 mile away from Donetsk international Airport....

I mean, if you are really doing this, then I got nothing to say......

And lol, it wasn't like they build that line for 8 years, anyway, what does that mean, so you build a trench for 8 years and it somehow can offer you more protection??

And don't forget this war started in winter. And it would have been true for Russia when they started this war. But with almost all their advance military equipment gone and have to resort to old MLRS and T-64? What kind of advantage do Russia have left?

And it's not like you just look at what is happening to predict 3 months down the road. You need to look at how Russia handles this war in the easy time and how they handle it in the hard time. If you believe by some magic Russia will be able to continue their advance in winter in an offensive role no less, when they failed to do it with fresh troop and better equipment, I will consider that wishful thinking.

This is not WW2 and Ukraine is not Germany, German was not accustomed to harsh Russian winter, Ukrainian had, and as defender, they have a better job as you fight in prepared position, for an attacker, you need to get into open to do your job.

Iraq has only Iran supporting them with less than adequate weapons

Just the USA let alone others

HIMARS, Javelin, Stingers, 155mm Howizters, Switchbaldes, M113, Sentinel air surveillance radars and millions of rounds of ammunition

bit unfair to compare to Iraqi insurgency while Ukrainian insurgency is 100x more better equipped

Iraq has only Iran supporting them with less than adequate weapons

Just the USA let alone others

HIMARS, Javelin, Stingers, 155mm Howizters, Switchbaldes, M113, Sentinel air surveillance radars and millions of rounds of ammunition

bit unfair to compare to Iraqi insurgency while Ukrainian insurgency is 100x more better equipped
It's unfair to compare a counter-insurgency operation to a conventional operation FULL STOP.. And Ukrainian has not reached the insurgency state, because they haven't been conquered yet, when Russia did conquer Ukraine, then that stage can start. But by the progress Russia is making, you are talking about a 20% or less territorial gain in 6 months. It would be at least 30 months to gain 100%, that is if they are ever doable.

I mean, do you really, like REALLY still think Russia can occupied the entire Ukraine to begin with? Seeing how they fought this war in the last 6 months?

It's unfair to compare a counter-insurgency operation to a conventional operation FULL STOP.. And Ukrainian has not reached the insurgency state, because they haven't been conquered yet, when Russia did conquer Ukraine, then that stage can start. But by the progress Russia is making, you are talking about a 20% or less territorial gain in 6 months. It would be at least 30 months to gain 100%, that is if they are ever doable.

I mean, do you really, like REALLY still think Russia can occupied the entire Ukraine to begin with? Seeing how they fought this war in the last 6 months?

I dont know where you have been for the past 8 years

there has been a insurgency in Ukraine since 2014 and they only ever lost more and more land

ignorance is free look at history

just like no one can conquer Afghanistan

Russia has not become the largest country in the World by giving up land

I dont know where you have been for the past 8 years

there has been a insurgency in Ukraine since 2014 and they only ever lost more and more land

ignorance is free look at history

just like no one can conquer Afghanistan

Russia has not become the largest country in the World by giving up land
lol, whatever float your boat.

But don't forget, in this case, Ukraine, not Russia is Afghanistan. And we all know what happened to Soviet in Afghanistan.....

People that make memes of this conflict need to be hit in the head with a cricket ball

Americans are making light of casualties on both sides, of course they celebrate Russian ones more.

I believe PDF admins avoided glorification of US deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan.

50% Soleder is taken

Bakhmut East is taken and they have advanced into the city centre

Seversk has lost 2 suburbs

basically when this defensive line falls the Russian juggernaut will steam forward at full pace through the open country and no other defensive line is in the way
Hi,
Where did those donated M113s go ?
The Ukrainians had a lot of tanks and there were videos of them driving to some location. Neither side reported about it furthest. I wonder why.
It seems as if they have vanished.
Secondly. Noticing that Ukrainian Artillery has gone a bit quiet lately.
A lot less Javelins and shoulder fired anti-tank weapons from Ukraine as well.

More deadly than Hirmas!

Germany delivers high precision 155mm guided ammunition “Vulcano” to Ukraine.

Can hit moving targets at 70km distance.

Panzerhaubitze 2000: Noch präziser durch Vulcano-Munition

Bild vergrößern
Panzerhaubitze 2000: Noch präziser durch Vulcano-Munition
Foto: Andreas Beil / IMAGO
Weiterlesen

Not in commercial products but in terms of military products Russia is still stop notch.
Exactly what kind of top notch modern military products is Russia exporting?

2nd generation Raptor patrol boats. The American engines have been replaced by Chinese engines after Russia America bromance ended for good. These can be used to bolster Kherson defense by patrolling in the Dnipr river around Kherson.

Just copy of the swedish CB90 with US build engines and UK build jet propellars..

Last edited:
Americans are making light of casualties on both sides, of course they celebrate Russian ones more.

I believe PDF admins avoided glorification of US deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Glorification of a soldiers death regardless of their nationality, is just stupid and wrong. Especially with regards to an ongoing conflict

Ukraine signs agreement with Iceye.
The agreement will give Ukraine access to high solution radar imaging.

Perfect for Ukraine’s precise artillery strikes

The bridge over crimea.

A3D50483-D684-4678-9208-2CDFA63E7B5E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom