What's new

Russia to Unveil New Combat Vehicle at IDEX 2011: Will India Buy ??/

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
At the 10th anniversary IDEX 2011, to be held in Abu Dhabi (UAE) from 20 to 24 February, Rosoboronexport is presenting the BMPT, a unique tank support combat vehicle. To this end, the ample capabilities of an interactive exhibition complex, based on modern visualization and 3D modelling technologies, will be used for the first time.

The BMPT is virtually unrivalled in the world: it is truly a new dawn in the world of armored vehicles. Experts note that the new Russian vehicle can operate both independently and jointly with tanks.

When tanks and BMPT are used together, the efficiency is achieved through allocation of targets: fortifications and heavily armored vehicles are destroyed by tanks, while manpower, antitank weapons and lightly armored vehicles are engaged by the BMPT.

Last edited by a moderator:
anti personnel vehicle?? Whats that Supposed to be??

Well it also says the same on the description.. Is infantry fighting vehicle better for you? Sounds the same as anti-personnel vehicle. :p

The BMPT, sometimes nicknamed the Terminator, is a new Russian armored vehicle, designed to support tank operations, primarily in urban areas. The BMPT combat vehicles can change tactics of combat actions and significantly increase efficiency of tank units. It is a versatile anti-personnel vehicle that can engage multiple targets. The BMPT is expected to enter service with the Russian Army during the next couple of years.

The vehicle is protected by passive and reactive armor. Interior is fitted with Kevlar lining which protects against spalling. It is also fitted with NBC protection and automatic fire suppression systems. The BMPT has equal protection to main battle tanks.

Yeah guys what is the progress of FICV ?// Two companies were supposed to be selected out of 4 months back, is their any news who got selected ??/ Or it was just a false news ?/

T-72 tanks can be upgraded to BMPT .
India has a lot of T-72, i don't see anything wrong if Indian army decided to upgrade it to BMPT.

Well it also says the same on the description.. Is infantry fighting vehicle better for you? Sounds the same as anti-personnel vehicle. :p

Hahaha, Well, I have no Idea what that is supposed to mean.... Anti Personnel... Dosent it sound Awkward??

T-72 tanks can be upgraded to BMPT .
India has a lot of T-72, i don't see anything wrong if Indian army decided to upgrade it to BMPT.

The problem isn't upgrading it's just that the Russians want us to buy the whole package with the Chassis and the Weapons turret of the BMP-T.They wanted us to buy new chassis instead of using the ones we produce in Avadi for the Akash Missile TEL so I can only speculate they will ask us for buying the whole system not the turret in this case too if the Army is interested that is.I could be wrong though

what about this one...

Stryker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it is used extensively in last indo-us exercise ...............

And how is the Stryker related to the BMP-T?The stryker is an APC not and IFV.It's not as heavily armoured as the BMP-T.Or did you mean it could be used as a potential Indian APC?I certainly do feel we need more tracked or wheeled APC's.Apart from the BMP-2s's which are used at APC's but are originally designed to be used as IFV's we only have a small amount of OT-64's that's it.They are only planning on replacing the BMP-2 with FICV or Abhay they aren't planning on inducting true wheeled or tracked APC's like Boxer, Stryker, BTR-90, M113 or the BAE SEP.

This quite different from an average IFV.It's based on the T-72.The crew is given protection of a tank and is heavily armed to take down infantry.It's main purpose is to be used in Urban Warfare to protect the tanks from Infantry Tank Hunter-Killer Teams.The Russians learnt this the hard way when they besieged Grozny and lost a lot of their tanks to infantry hidden in the high apratments.The Israelis also have a vehicle similar to this named the Namer it's based on the Merkava but is not this heavily armed.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom