What's new

Russia to buy weapons abroad

There are three main goals of large purchases of new weapons.
1. Re-equip the army new weapons.
2. Retool industry (new equipment, training of skilled workers, new shipyards).
3. Stimulation of scientific progress. The main condition is the purchase of weapons (the development of a new project).
that's what china is doing

Quite possibly. If Russia will forget what may be out of their old technology. China will remind her (for a fee). That was sarcasm.
If we argue from a philosophical point of view (perhaps all).

in 60s and 70s china were full of soviat products from cars, cloth to food``now russia is full of chinese products``

maybe in few decades time there are going be chinese stuff in your army```maybe when that time comes you really need these sarcasm to make you feel better

that's what china is doing

I agree with your statement. But there is one caveat. While they will try to adapt foreign technologies and create them on the basis of their development. Major players have time to move forward (technically).

I agree with your statement. But there is one caveat. While they will try to adapt foreign technologies and create them on the basis of their development. Major players have time to move forward (technically).
then China and Russia are equal on military research and development:what:

in 60s and 70s china were full of soviat products from cars, cloth to food``now russia is full of chinese products``

maybe in few decades time there are going be chinese stuff in your army```maybe when that time comes you really need these sarcasm to make you feel better

Since we are more likely to turn to Central Asian neighbors. It will also be cheaper and better quality. This statement is not directed against China. It has a rational sense.
Citizens of the Central Asian republics in search of work trying to get on the Russian territory. This causes some problems. It would be wise to use their work more efficient and mutually beneficial.

Since we are more likely to turn to Central Asian neighbors. It will also be cheaper and better quality. This statement is not directed against China. It has a rational sense.
Citizens of the Central Asian republics in search of work trying to get on the Russian territory. This causes some problems. It would be wise to use their work more efficient and mutually beneficial.

HROBOS this might be off topic but what are most Russians and your View on Reunifying the USSR, we know the Post Soviet states have been worse off and before the fall of the USSR I hear The central Asian states and Belarus wanted to stay with Russia and were going to sign a pact before Yeltsin declared Independence.

HROBOS this might be off topic but what are most Russians and your View on Reunifying the USSR, we know the Post Soviet states have been worse off and before the fall of the USSR I hear The central Asian states and Belarus wanted to stay with Russia and were going to sign a pact before Yeltsin declared Independence.
in this scenario American presence in Afghanistan is meaningful

As a result of the 1991 referendum. Most of the population in the Central Asian republics, Belarus, Ukraine and Azerbadyzhana voted to retain the USSR. The Soviet Union broke up artificially (confluence of two factors).
1. The republican authorities wanted to take power into their own hands and ignored the will of its people.
2. Moscow did not disturb them. Yeltsin sought to deprive the government of Gorbachev. Gorbachev was the Soviet leader. It would not be the Soviet Union would not be the Soviet President Gorbachev. Yeltsin remained the president of Russia. So Yeltsin stimulated republican authorities to leave the Soviet Union. Personal interests of a narrow group of people destroyed the Soviet Union.

As a result of the 1991 referendum. Most of the population in the Central Asian republics, Belarus, Ukraine and Azerbadyzhana voted to retain the USSR. The Soviet Union broke up artificially (confluence of two factors).
1. The republican authorities wanted to take power into their own hands and ignored the will of its people.
2. Moscow did not disturb them. Yeltsin sought to deprive the government of Gorbachev. Gorbachev was the Soviet leader. It would not be the Soviet Union would not be the Soviet President Gorbachev. Yeltsin remained the president of Russia. So Yeltsin stimulated republican authorities to leave the Soviet Union. Personal interests of a narrow group of people destroyed the Soviet Union.

Yes regrettably about 65-80 % of Russians miss the USSR and Similar opinion is in the Post states, I hear Russia Signed a Customs union with Kazakhstan and Belarus which is the Blue print for combining Economies .the Central Asian States, Ukraine and Armenia have shown interest in joining it also there's a Union state with Russia and Belarus I hear the central Asians states want to join it.

Russia is buying weapons from abroad, so it sends a big unmistakable single to its defense industry that it is not buying that anymore, so they better come up with new idea's, if they want to stay in business.

Not necessarily

Traditionally Russian arms development focus has been on weapons for large scale conflicts Ex:tanks, aircrafts , helicopters etc
But currently they only need arms for low intensity conflict,Chechnya
Hence , they procure from it from Israel.

Well, I know that Russia does procure small components and avionics from Israel, Europe and even the US, but $600 billion sounds like a lot of money; even in the military world. Something big must be going on there.

I suppose it would be better if Russia can learn something about Western industrial standards. A more favorable business environment would also be good.

You proved to be touchy. It is interesting to everyone (who is offended by me personally) come crawling here? Or half of your team? :cry:

Don't worry, I don't bite :P

I like debating with proven facts :D

Russia is lacking in research and development???

Its possible.

Although the SU-35 and the T-50 (prototype) look really good :D

Russia is lacking in research and development???

No they are just not able to make what the Russian forces are demanding. With most of their factories doing overtime on international orders, there's little innovation that has been thought of in terms of small and medium category arms since Russia focuses on self-reliance in really large and strategic weapons (tanks, planes, ships and subs and missiles).

In terms of research, they got more research than us and Chinese combined.

Russia is buying 10 times more than Saudi Arabia and people say. Oh look good for them.

But when Saudi Arabia does it. It is some how puplic enemy number one

Back
Top Bottom