What's new

Russia to build maintenance facility in Vietnam's Cam Rahn Bay

We don't forget what happened in 1979, kids.
You mean we subjugating you for 1,000 of years? And let not forget the 1979 is a little war that we reached our objective, penetrating deep into Lang Son and retreat for fear of Soviet invasion up north.

I think when Chinese again welcome their Taiwanese brothers back, should relocate missiles and aim right for Hanoi, it is no point trying to reason with these Viets

Vietnamese don't know the name of the naval base in Hainan. It's called Yulin Naval Base.

Oh, they don't even know the location of Yulin.

Also, Cam Ranh Bay doesn't have any tunnel systems, compare to Yulin, which can carry a number of submarines, underground.

One thing you can guarantee from us is we ain't giving a **** how powerful you are, we will engage in war with you just like in the Korean War with the USA and in this Vietnam War the Soviet did not confront despite the Soviet promised the Vietnamese to involve. It just show when we talk business, we seriously mean it.

You mean we subjugating you for 1,000 of years? And let not forget the 1979 is a little war that we reached our objective, penetrating deep into Lang Son and retreat for fear of Soviet invasion up north.

1,000 years ? how long you were slaves of Mongolian and Manchus ? and slaves of Japanese recently ? without victory of Soviet army in manchuria and two nukes of USA in Japan, you are still slaves of Japanese now.

One thing you can guarantee from us is we ain't giving a **** how powerful you are, we will engage in war with you just like in the Korean War with the USA and in this Vietnam War the Soviet did not confront despite the Soviet promised the Vietnamese to involve. It just show when we talk business, we seriously mean it.

Without help of Soviet, China didn't dared facing with US in Korean war in the past. Don't make stupid things Mr. Ah Q, don't let USA and Russia liberate East Turkistan, Inner Mongolia, Manchuria and Tibet from China.

We don't forget what happened in 1979, kids.
In 1979, China's army number was more than 4 million and only sent 0.2 million to Vietnam. Do you seriously believe China used all strength to deal with you guys? Make a calculation

In 1979, China's army number was more than 4 million and only sent 0.2 million to Vietnam. Do you seriously believe China used all strength to deal with you guys? Make a calculation

1979, China is dirty aggressor.

@Viet @Minjitta @Soryu @EastSea

guys,I thought that Kam Ranh Bay will be open to every friendly country.even India thought to get a burth right in that base.hell,even USA wanted that.but suddenly,this move may backtrack all these proposals.its true that Russia had this base in the past and its one of the best deep sea port of the world.

also,it is in the junction of Malacca Strait,South China Sea and Pacific.shouldn't you guys give burthing rights to USN and JSDN??and what plan is on Cam Ranh Bay Airbase??
well, as far as I understand, when expansion is complete in 2 years, the bay will be divided into 3 sections:
- VN submarines
- VN surface warships
- maintenance facility for foreign warships, China navy included

Russia as the most important strategic partner has privileged access to the bay. As for the military airbase of Cam Ranh, it is only for VN airforce.

images of the bay:

Cam-Ranh-Bay.jpg

DG-11JAN13-Cam-Ranh-Bay-Overview.png

ranh_1755887c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Vietnamese don't know the name of the naval base in Hainan. It's called Yulin Naval Base.

Oh, they don't even know the location of Yulin.
Also, Cam Ranh Bay doesn't have any tunnel systems, compare to Yulin, which can carry a number of submarines, underground.
hard trying to lick Chinese boots? I am not aware of that it is your business, if you are a pinoy.

I think when Chinese again welcome their Taiwanese brothers back, should relocate missiles and aim right for Hanoi, it is no point trying to reason with these Viets
did you say me recently you are a Viet? if yes, you are a traitor. Yeah...Take a missile from the Chinese and stick to your mouth. That is fun :woot:

Why Vietnamese are so keen on aiming at China? Vietnam and China, this is not even a fair match. Russia itself is a weak power compared to China.
how do you get this conclusion? China has access to the bay if you want. Read my post #24.

I think most Chinese military high command dont act or think with the hubris snobbery or short sightedness that many young chinese posters on this forum do......it is silly to fight your brothers.......it makes no sense.........stop the pissing contest already.............china is rising........but as with the usa.......if its actions create too many enemies.....they will soon fall on their own sword........

Who invaded and controlled Cambodia back then?

Khmer Rouge was puppet of China, the stupid Polpot attacked us first with help of China. We did it reasonably in advance, don't let the bad situation could happen, when we should have to facing with two enemies in 2 front in same time.

We have been withdrawal back when internal community granted neutral policy of Cambodia.

lol maintenance base, yea Vietnam that's a game change for sure.

Oh.... I forgot, bases are sitting ducks for chinese missiles.

So you want to destroy a maintenance base that belongs to your Ally Russia? I wonder how russia would react to that.

well, as far as I understand, when expansion is complete in 2 years, the bay will be divided into 3 sections:
- VN submarines
- VN surface warships
- maintenance facility for foreign warships, China navy included

Russia as the most important strategic partner has privileged access to the bay. As for the military airbase of Cam Ranh, it is only for VN airforce.

So your most important strategic partner is a country that has sold advanced military hardware to your enemy and help develop their defence industry? :laughcry:

Russia is only your business partner, nothing more. They sell you equipment and build facilities in your country because they make money from you. Like all other business, if they can also earn money from other country, then they would do it too. Now, I wonder if China pays them enough $$$, would they sell China codes from your russian military equipment like they supposedly did to Israel during the Georgian-Russian conflict?

Back
Top Bottom