What's new

Russia Test fires a Hypersonic missile.

A beautiful combination.
11INTHVLRRUSSIANEWWEAPONS.jpeg

5aa4caafdda4c8e9108b456e.jpg

The hypersonic big brother to our supersonic combo.

Russian hypersonic glide vehicle Avangard, which the United States is currently unable to defend against, is expected to enter Russia's arsenal by 2020.

Russian hypersonic glide vehicle Avangard, which the United States is currently unable to defend against, is expected to enter Russia's arsenal by 2020.
Yeah provided that Russia actually USES them against the u.s. instead of just two bit isis cronies...

Putin is ex-KGB and its human nature not to forget a defeat as humiliating as USSR dissolution. If you are a person as proud as Putin is, rest assured he will try to get back to those he thinks are responsible for that suffering. I won't rule out an actual use of this against US if needed.

Putin is ex-KGB and its human nature not to forget a defeat as humiliating as USSR dissolution. If you are a person as proud as Putin is, rest assured he will try to get back to those he thinks are responsible for that suffering. I won't rule out an actual use of this against US if needed.

If anything, Communists dividing up the Russia empire into 14 ethnic republics was far more humiliating to Russians than dissolution of USSR.

That's interesting!! Can you please elaborate?
For example - once there was Korelian Soviet Republic later renamed in Korelian Avtonomous Republic as the region of Russian Soviet Federative Republic. If it was still Soviet Republic in 1991 - it would be independent now, but it is a region of Russian Federation.
In 1922 there were two projects of Soviet state - Lenin's one and Stalin's one. Stalin proposed all national regions as avtonomous units in big Russian Soviet Federation, and Lenin wanted union a-la confederation of Soviet Republics with equal status. Lenin's projects have won.

so this is gonna be one of those really really REALLY rare occasions where I will actually defend the u.s. The fact is and remains that the u.s. actually did NOT defeat and divide the ussr. It was USSR that defeated and divided the USSR by sticking to archaic, corrupt and inept economic policies and getting bogged down in an unending war in afghanistan. the u.s. merely helped by aiding the afghans. Just like india never actually defeated us in 1971. It was PAKISTAN that defeated PAKISTAN...thanks to our own corrupt and inept policies and deciding to go to war against our own population a thousand miles away...india merely helped by aiding the bengalis. Now...sure, decades later, the u.s. likes to take credit for it just india likes to take credit for it. But I have been in the u.s. since my young days...I've seen FIRST HAND how militarily scared the u.s. was of the ussr...even the pentagon had a consensus among the generals that if a conventional war with the ussr ever broke out, the u.s. would have to turn it nuclear since the u.s. and nato conventional forces would never last more than a month in spite of being technologically advanced against the behemoth soviet air and land forces.

For example - once there was Korelian Soviet Republic later renamed in Korelian Avtonomous Republic as the region of Russian Soviet Federative Republic. If it was still Soviet Republic in 1991 - it would be independent now, but it is a region of Russian Federation.
In 1922 there were two projects of Soviet state - Lenin's one and Stalin's one. Stalin proposed all national regions as avtonomous units in big Russian Soviet Federation, and Lenin wanted union a-la confederation of Soviet Republics with equal status. Lenin's projects have won.

Imagine if Communists set up Siberia as Soviet Siberia republic. Russia be much smaller if that happened. Thank god it didn't.

Imagine if Communists set up Siberia as Soviet Siberia republic. Russia be much smaller if that happened. Thank god it didn't.
Noone knows how they define avtonomous republics and Soviet republics. Kazakhstan was firstly avtonomous republic as part of Russia and later become Soviet republic and Moldova was part of Ukraine and later become Soviet republic.

Noone knows how they define avtonomous republics and Soviet republics. Kazakhstan was firstly avtonomous republic as part of Russia and later become Soviet republic and Moldova was part of Ukraine and later become Soviet republic.

Divide and conquer. That's all Communists ever do and **** things up.

Divide and conquer. That's all Communists ever
That is not true. Communists did not try to destroy states, as Westerners do in Iraq, Lybia, Syria, Ukraine and so on.
Actually, most of countries were devided and conquered after fall of communism - Yugoslavia, Chekhoslovakia, USSR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom