What's new

Russia Supplies Indian Navy With Over 100 Engines for MiG-29 Fighter Jets

MIG-29K have twin engine, thus you need 2 engine per Aircraft. Each Airframe or a plane needs on an average of 2.5 engine in its life time.

They're supplying 100 engines now or its a old news??? If its now then there's going to be more migs since those delivered migs will already have engines and spares.... i dont know if all the migs delivered !!! Correct me if wrong

So what is MLU ?

Its Mid Life Update or Upgrade... done in 15-20 year old fighters... new engines and parts ... software tweaks ect...

They're supplying 100 engines now or its a old news??? If its now then there's going to be more migs since those delivered migs will already have engines and spares.... i dont know if all the migs delivered !!! Correct me if wrong

Its Mid Life Update or Upgrade... done in 15-20 year old fighters... new engines and parts ... software tweaks ect...
I think all were delivered.

The existing Aircrafts came with engines installed and spares, so you are looking at about 200 engines

My understanding is that it is total number of engines delivered from current orders. To my understanding, when they say 100 engines, it's 90 installed and 10 spares for day to day operations for a fleet of 45 aircraft. The 2.5-3 times engine replacement per life cycle of aircraft may not be included as these are usually separate deals that get signed when the first batch of aircraft near their schedule for engine phase-outs.

An eg. from the civil side, when an airline orders 10 twin engine aircraft, they order 20 + a recommended number of spare engines separately from the engine manufacturer. This doesnt mean 20+ engines are spares, its just that the engines are ordered separately with the engine manufacturer and its not part of the order for aircraft. However once the engines reaches their end service life, a new order is placed for another batch of new engines. The Rafales deal will have a separate contract with Snecma for 72 + a recommended number of spares for a deal of 36 jets.

Good Day!

My understanding is that it is total number of engines delivered from current orders. To my understanding, when they say 100 engines, it's 90 installed and 10 spares for day to day operations for a fleet of 45 aircraft. The 2.5-3 times engine replacement per life cycle of aircraft may not be included as these are usually separate deals that get signed when the first batch of aircraft near their schedule for engine phase-outs.

An eg. from the civil side, when an airline orders 10 twin engine aircraft, they order 20 + a recommended number of spare engines separately from the engine manufacturer. This doesnt mean 20+ engines are spares, its just that the engines are ordered separately with the engine manufacturer and its not part of the order for aircraft. However once the engines reaches their end service life, a new order is placed for another batch of new engines. The Rafales deal will have a separate contract with Snecma for 72 + a recommended number of spares for a deal of 36 jets.

Good Day!
Point Taken, It is not like we have space to store 100+ engines:p:

Good Day!
Possible, you might be right.

Back
Top Bottom