What's new

Russia says Chinese arms better than Russian arms

Well, its good to see China progress in the field of defense. I have a feeling that one day Russia will be license producing Chinese rifles just as China once license produced its own version of Russian AK's like the Type 56.

I've been wondering about this very point for a while now. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, Russia saw a massive brain drain and sharp decline in its institutions of higher education. If it's indeed the case most researchers working in the Russian defense industry are in their 50s and 60s, then the future of Russia arms industry is dire.

China of course, experienced the very same thing during and after the Cultural Revolution, but we've mostly recovered now. Watchers of the Chinese military technologies can not help but noticing how young most of today's Chinese defense engineers are (I've read bulk of the team at Chengdu are in their 30s).

Given the increased investment in defense R&D and the rise of Chinese higher education, it's really just a matter of time before Chinese military technologies overtakes Russia's.

China will overtake Russia in every fields in the military technology by year 2015.

Not nuclear submarines.

You don't know how far about China's current SSBN and SSN, it may be better than you thought before.

China would even come up with the comparable strategic bomber to US, since SSBN always holds a higher priority in the development than the strategic bomber.

If China can come up with its own Ohio class and Trident II D5 missile, i just don't see how it can lag behind Russia in SSBN.

One general upset on a day said all this and people took personal views as reality.

Okay fine, on other hand one pompous sukhoi person comes up and say T-50 is better than the best and you would get problems to accept.

I dont know why people take personal views as reality and overlook ground facts in wars proved by T-72's and T-90's.

Or may be "WHateVEr FLOATS your Boat"...Yessssss 80 countries that Buy ARMS from Russia Are SToopid:cheesy::cheesy:

One general upset on a day said all this and people took personal views as reality.

Okay fine, on other hand one pompous sukhoi person comes up and say T-50 is better than the best and you would get problems to accept.

I dont know why people take personal views as reality and overlook ground facts in wars proved by T-72's and T-90's.

Or may be "WHateVEr FLOATS your Boat"...Yessssss 80 countries that Buy ARMS from Russia Are SToopid:cheesy::cheesy:

Only thing proved by T 72s was that they were good targets. T 90s haven't been in wars.

As for opinion he is a Colonel General and commander in Chief of the entire Russian ground forces. His opinion is a bit more substantial than a sukhoi representative. Forgive us if we take his words a little more seriously.

You don't know how far about China's current SSBN and SSN, it may be better than you thought before.

China would even come up with the comparable strategic bomber to US, since SSBN always holds a higher priority in the development than the strategic bomber.

If China can come up with its own Ohio class and Trident II D5 missile, i just don't see how it can lag behind Russia in SSBN.

China's boomers are still 3 or 4 times more noisy than American boomers.

China's boomers are still 3 or 4 times more noisy than American boomers.

The new SLBM like JL-2A has over 12,000km of range, so you don't need to bring your boomers in the middle of the Pacific Ocean in order to launch the attack on US soil, since the Type 094 can launch the missiles from China's coastline.

Yep. Need to admit deficiencies in order to fix them.

The people in charge of China's defence aren't fanboys, they are professionals who know exactly where they stand in terms of technological development.

The new SLBM like JL-2A has over 12,000km of range, so you don't need to bring your boomers in the middle of the Pacific Ocean in order to launch the attack on US soil.

So the Type 094 can launch the missile from China's coastline.

True but the point I was making is China's boomers are still noisier than US and Russia counterparts. They started the submarine race long before China got into the game.

The new SLBM like JL-2A has over 12,000km of range, so you don't need to bring your boomers in the middle of the Pacific Ocean in order to launch the attack on US soil, since the Type 094 can launch the missiles from China's coastline.

Maybe, but it doesn't change how noisy our subs are. Needs a lot more investment. We should never become complacent.

Maybe, then again maybe not.

True or otherwise, it won't make much difference. China must continue to develop its indigenous military technology and become #1 in the world.
True that...We don't need useless Russian yestertech...:china:

Sorry to burst your bubble, in influence of NRIs is overrated. Govt needs investment, and if NRIs bring it, it is good for both(NRIs get good return on their money).
People who live in India, will decide what they want from govt, not you and me. Stop this condescending attitude towards Indians.

Dude, unless you have abdicated Indian citizen, irrespective where you currently live should not matter. As an Indian citizen the constitution guarantees fundamental rights. So, no just I or you are out of the country does not mean we should not have a say.

Back
Top Bottom