What's new

Russia Plans to Field the T-99, a Radically New Main Battle Tank by 201

Substandard? You are talking about one of the most successful pieces of armour warfare (T-90) and comparing it with a piece that is over 3 decades behind it's ESL, are your sure your vocabulary isn't failing you?

LOL!! Do you even know wht India bought?

basic things like Tanks, howitzers, rifles must be produced locally with or without TOT...its high time that we stop buying MBTs from any other country and must try to export our own version to other countries....we should never forget that, we are billion plus people and import can not be our future...

They buyed 50% of german KMW. Of course they wil make a good tank with the help of germanzzz...

i has some really good armor protection and mobility so specs of its capability or its still on drawing board my guess not before 2016

no its time for indian technology,arjun is an example of how indian technology can also be a world beater............... but we have a large indian private industries which can act as parts suppliers and development partners in FMBT ,for now arjun mk-ii,iii will keep our hands full .... BTW we cannot afford to be taken prisoner again by russian price rises and tech denials..........
List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
where were russian prices too high??? India has still a low military budget in comparison to china, france, uk or japan and look what you all got tanks, planes, rockets, submarines and an air craft carrier. I cant remember western european countries getting the same standard lately.

Substandard? You are talking about one of the most successful pieces of armour warfare (T-90) and comparing it with a piece that is over 3 decades behind it's ESL, are your sure your vocabulary isn't failing you?

The piece that has outgunned t90's in trials, it sys how ambitious these folks were thirty years ago. :)

My 2 cents to the discussion...

1. The 2 tanks are of 2 different categories. Its like comparing a Mig 29 and a Su30MKI. One is a damn good fighter, the other is a heavy weight category.

2. Just because, the T90 got outgunned in 1 battle does not mean its bad. That is one bad a$$ tank and can take quite a bit of pounding. We still do not know how good kanchan is.

3. Problem with mass induction of the Arjun also has to do more with logistics. It takes time to create support infrastructure. With the role of armour being to pierce enemy territory, it should also be able to navigate the same with the required mobile logistical support from support vehicles. Also, there will need to be a doctrine for use. where will it be used. How will it be used. When will it be used. This requires plans from war strategy and will take at-least 2 to 3 years. By this time, hopefully, the MK-II will be online and the rest and induction plan will be in place.

^^^^ One of the better posts of the thread.

any news about FMBT project???
I thought we were co-developing it with the Russians....:what:

Back
Top Bottom