What's new

Russia plans more aircraft, helicopters at airbase in Belarus — defense minister

If you are talking about economic migrants in Western Europe from former Soviet states, then the majority of them are from Ukraine and not from Belarus.

A huge number of asylum seekers today in EU are fake and lot of them are from India as well.

And wrong, Indians do get asylum in EU (Dalits, Christians, Sikhs etc). Check your facts.

I have met many from Belarus and Russian Federation in EU , Case of Ukraine is different as it has left CSTO in 2008.

You first need to understand what is meant by Asylum seeker and here what you are talking it about illegal immigrants.

There is a treaty called extradition treaty which Republic of India is having with EU Countries , Ever heard about Lalit Modi who is in UK ?

I have met many from Belarus and Russian Federation in EU , Case of Ukraine is different as it has left CSTO in 2008.

You first need to understand what is meant by Asylum seeker and here what you are talking it about illegal immigrants.

There is a treaty called extradition treaty which Republic of India is having with EU Countries , Ever heard about Lalit Modi who is in UK ?

1) I know the difference. There are genuine asylum seekers from India (Khalistanis, Dalits, Christians etc) and also fake ones, so lets leave it there.

2) If you live in Lithuania, you must know there was a huge diaspora from former Soviet Union living in all of the Baltic states, which suddenly became stateless because Baltic States refused them citizenship (for not learning their language and other reasons, even though Lithuanians were much lenient compare to Latvia and Estonia).

And since Belarus is immediate neighbor of Lithuania, it is only logical that are many Belarussians living in Lithuania.

But I have yet to meet any in Western Europe (not to say that they don't exist). Whereas I have met so many from Ukraine for example in Germany etc.

1) I know the difference. There are genuine asylum seekers from India (Khalistanis, Dalits, Christians etc) and also fake ones, so lets leave it there.

2) If you live in Lithuania, you must know there was a huge diaspora from former Soviet Union living in all of the Baltic states, which suddenly became stateless because Baltic States refused them citizenship (for not learning their language and other reasons, even though Lithuanians were much lenient compare to Latvia and Estonia).

And since Belarus is immediate neighbor of Lithuania, it is only logical that are many Belarussians living in Lithuania.

But I have yet to meet any in Western Europe (not to say that they don't exist). Whereas I have met so many from Ukraine for example in Germany etc.

You really dont know the difference, many more asylum seekers from Serbia, Belarus and Russian Federation enters EU and this is the real reason for the border checkpoints in all the EU states . After Belarus , Metro bombing this checkpoints became reality.

Its mainly the Ethnic Russian who doesn't speak local language where as legal immigrants from India , do learn language but still goes through even hardship.

You really dont know the difference, many more asylum seekers from Serbia, Belarus and Russian Federation enters EU and this is the real reason for the border checkpoints in all the EU states . After Belarus , Metro bombing this checkpoints became reality.

Lets keep the focus on Belarus only, because this is what we were discussing.
Do you have some official numbers about Belarussians entering EU?

Lets keep the focus on Belarus only, because this is what we were discussing.
Do you have some official numbers about Belarussians entering EU?

Time to time i do see Belarus number plate cars in Lithuania .

There was EU Agreement with Belarus some 3 years back.

Time to time i do see Belarus number plate cars in Lithuania .

There was EU Agreement with Belarus some 3 years back.

You'll see a lot of BY cars or trading trucks going through Lithuania to Poland onwards. They are normal visitors and traders. A normal practice between neighbors. Not all countries around the world are enemies like Pakistan-India.

But I still do not understand, what has it to do with illegal Belarussian immigrants or "Asylum" seekers? Because this was the statement by you on which we are having the whole debate.

You'll see a lot of BY cars or trading trucks going through Lithuania to Poland onwards. They are normal visitors and traders. A normal practice between neighbors. Not all countries around the world are enemies like Pakistan-India.

But I still do not understand, what has it to do with illegal Belarussian immigrants or "Asylum" seekers? Because this was the statement by you on which we are having the whole debate.

Even Belarus Spy was arrested in Lithuania . May be to know the US and NATO troops deployment.

Even Belarus Spy was arrested in Lithuania . May be to know the US and NATO troops deployment.

So what, Israeli spy was arrested in the USA. Does that mean the relationships are bad among them?

I think we are beating around the bush, lets just move on.

So what, Israeli spy was arrested in the USA. Does that mean the relationships are bad among them?

I think we are beating around the bush, lets just move on.

Its important to know when that spy was arrested .

http://tass.com/defense/908253

October 24, 8:16 UTC+3
During the exercise, servicemen practiced training and combat tasks and exchanged experience

MOSCOW, October 24. /TASS/. A joint tactical drill of Russian and Belarusian Airborne Troops has come to an end near the city of Brest, the Russian Defense Ministry reported.

During the exercise, servicemen practiced training and combat tasks and exchanged experience, the statement said.

The participants of the drills were given a number of complex tasks, including in adverse weather conditions and on unknown terrain.

Overall, the maneuvers involved over 900 personnel and some 150 items of hardware, aircraft of the Belarusian Air Force and air defense army aviation.

14:43 02.11.2016(updated 14:44 02.11.2016)
https://sputniknews.com/military/201611021046990986-belarus-russia-arms-deals/
Minsk has inked over 20 contracts in the supply and upgrades of Russian weapons in 2016.

MINSK (Sputnik) — Belarus has signed more than 20 agreements on the delivery and upgrades of Russian weapons this year, Belarusian Minister of Defense Andrei Ravkov said Wednesday.

"In 2016 alone, we signed more than 20 contracts for the supply and modernization of military equipment. Dozens more contracts are either under negotiations or development," Ravkov said at a joint defense ministerial board meeting.

http://tass.com/world/912983

MINSK, November 17 /TASS/. Minsk considers Russia to be a strategic partner, Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko stated at a news conference held for Russian regional media outlets on Thursday.

"Russia has always been and remains our strategic partner and ally. Moreover, it’s also a fraternal state for us," Lukashenko said.

He believes that inter-regional cooperation is a vital area for Belarus-Russia integration. "If it had not been for regional cooperation in a certain period of our history, today we would have been unable to say that our nations are brotherly," the Belarusian president emphasized.

He added that Moscow and Minsk were developing dynamic inter-regional ties. "Dozens of delegations from Russian regions along with their leaders visit Belarus every year. The same number of delegations from (Belarusian) regions pay reciprocal visits to (Russia)," Lukashenko stated. He also highlighted the fact that more than 8,000 enterprises in both countries have production cooperation links.

Lukashenko noted that Belarus remained committed to "all the agreements concluded with Russia within the framework of the Union State (of Russia and Belarus) and the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO)."

"We defend the economic interests of (Russia), curb attempts to bring embargoed western goods into Russia and simultaneously take measures to replace them with our (Belarusian) products," Lukashenko explained.

"Today, there is a chance to raise Belarusian-Russian relations to a qualitatively new level and give an impetus to the development of the Eurasian Economic Union," the Belarusian president stressed.

"This integrational body has yet to elevate itself to our union’s (of Russia and Belarus) level," the Belarusian president said.

Minsk and Moscow have no differences on international issues, he went on.

"The two states do not disagree on international issues. There is a good reason for Russia and Belarus to come out in a united front when it comes to key global matters," Lukashenko said. He emphasized that the two states "should stand together, stay strong, be able to honor one another by collectively defending each other’s interests," the Belarusian president went on to say.

"We live in peace and harmony under our roof," Lukashenko said adding that it was something the fraternal Ukraine did not have.

Lukashenko noted that Belarus was one of the most stable corners on Earth. "Our doors are always open wide for good people. Both the Old and the New Worlds are coming to realize that. Belarus has never been Europe’s troublemaker," Lukashenko explained.

He noted that Belarus was spending a great deal of effort to make the European continent live and develop tranquilly. "This work becomes even more effective when we do it together as fraternal nations in a Union State," the Belarusian leader said.

"The Russian president and I have agreed to meet each other sometime (on November 22) this week. We will sit down together to discuss some fundamental issues," the Belarusian leader said.

"We simply need to fulfill our commitments," Lukashenko explained adding that both Belarus and Russia have mutual demands on one other. "Let’s sit down and discuss these issues calmly. We will try to add momentum to our relations," the Belarusian leader stressed. "We have not done anything good this year so far," Lukashenko concluded.

1152793.jpg

http://tass.com/world/912984

MINSK, November 17. /TASS/. The current instability in Ukraine has led to increased problems for Minsk, including cross-border trafficking in arms and explosives, Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko told the Russian regional media at a press conference.

"We have to try hard to protect a 1,200-kilometer long border with Ukraine because huge amounts of arms and explosives have been coming in. We have been seizing arms smuggled not only on the border but at the (Minsk) Rail Terminal as well," Lukashenko explained.

"It has been hard for us," he stressed. According to the Belarusian president, "arms were earlier smuggled from the West to the East through the Baltic states, Belarus and Ukraine, but now the smuggled arms flow through Belarus." "On the one hand, this is positive. But on the other hand, it requires huge efforts and spending to ensure security here," Lukashenko added.

The parties to the Ukrainian conflict should seek peace, he went on.

According to Lukashenko, "if the two parties come to terms and say that Belarus can play a positive role, then we are ready to do anything to ensure peace there." "We are ready to work in order to settle the situation," the Belarusian president added. He went on to say that "we briefed the West on our proposals when the conflict broke out." "But they have been silent, which means they don’t want peace to return to Ukraine," Lukashenko noted.

He also said that "certainly, no one wants Russia to enhance its influence in other parts of the world." "So they seek to embroil Russia in various conflicts, first and foremost, in Ukraine, so Moscow gets entangled. The US and the EU leaders may change but their policies will always remain the same. They don’t want Russia, Belarus and Ukraine to be strong. But we should have sense and take appropriate steps. I believe, we are able to do something so a positive process begins there (in Ukraine)," the Belarusian president concluded.

Interfax news

November 28, 2016
19:10
Belarus to receive 4th battery of "Tor-M2" SAM system in December

AIR DEFENSE SYSTEMS

Four divisions of the systems capable of striking tactical and strategic aircraft, medium-range ballistic missiles, tactical missiles as well as cruise missiles have been delivered in 2016 to Belarus.

On November 23, 2016, Russia handed over to Belarus four Yakovlev Yak-130 combat trainers in accordance with the agreement signed between the country’s Defense Ministry and the Russian Irkut Corporation in August 2015. In early 2015, Belarus received four such aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom