What's new

Russia, Pakistan conduct first-ever joint military drills (PHOTOS)

Southern Military District is the Russian Command that covers the region north of Turkey/Iran/Azerbaijan.
Numbered 24, 25, 26,11, 5, 6, 4. They are the closest Russian Military command to Pakistan other than the Central Military District. As a historical footnote this command was responsible for fighting in Chechynia as it falls in their region and many people in this region are Muslim Turkic Chechens, Iranic Daghestani, Iranic Ossetians etc. With names like Astrakhan below No.6.

Russion_military_map_4.jpg

map-military-districts-2010.jpg

Pani Pani Re ( song) , Ukraine could be our next card. :sniper:
Ukraine is a lost cause. Corruption is so rampant that even US is giving up on them. You guys really don't wana enrage
Russia given the vast Military interest India have with them. Learn from Turkey.

Ukraine is a lost cause. Corruption is so rampant that even US is giving up on them. You guys really don't wana enrage
Russia given the vast Military interest India have with them. Learn from Turkey.
I've never ever thought I'd see Russians doing Military drills with Pakistanis.Man how time changes everything!:eek:

why most indian don't understand that?

Why do you believe that most Indian do not believe it? If we do not beleive in peaceful cooexistance, then we would have been fighting war with some one or the other...But do you see it is happening? Rather we have been attacked by terrorist from outside...

Money Power.
Well going by that crude logic Russia would not have even dared to send Russian Army cook to Pakistan. India's share of Russian arms is significant at 39% but that still leaves Chinese, Iranians etc at 61% so it is not total as you imply.

Link > https://www.rt.com/business/333223-russia-global-arms-market/

I actually am surprised about this and confess I got this one entirely wrong. I had few days ago dismissed the Russians in a thread where as normal [I thought] immature Pak members were being over exuberant. However today I have had to readjust my thinking. The significant fact is not that Russian sent company of paratroopers for training. That hardly means much. However on reflection what I am surprised about and that has got me thinking is -

1. Post Uri attack in Kashmir the Indian's have gone on the offensive and crying foul about Pakistan.
2. The Russians not only do not cancel the visit but from what I understand part of the training will take place in Rattu which in Indian nomenclature is PAK OK and to do this at this very sensitive time when India is charging Pakistan in being complicit in Kashmiri terrorism amounts to showing the finger to Indians. It is gross insenstive to Indian feelings in particular at the present when some in India are pushing for attack on Pakistan.
3. Given what happened at Uri and in cognition of Indian feelings Russia could easily have postponed the mission till next month. That would have shown respect to India and at the same time not offended Pakistan.
4. That Russia chose to ignore this tells me there indeed is major change taking place in Kremlin's strategic horizon. The increasing clasp by India with USA was bound to eventually start pulling the flex in the rope too much. It can only stretch so far.

Last edited:
Don't really understand what the big deal is here all about?? Military exercises are normal and routine among nations across the world. And did we actually believe that Russians are going to give to Indian pressure and cancel the drills anyway. And after all you never know Russians might be helping the Indians by being part of the drills.
Pakistan and Russia perhaps never did any joint military exercise. Furthermore, India tried its utmost to convince Russians not to do these exercise but they got a slapped :) by Russians. Military exercises are normal thing but Pakistan's jealous neighbour in the East cannot understand it and recently the brain Indian trolls on pdf started a new trollaganda campaign that Pakistan is isolated while the world is revolving India :lol:

Military exercises
I reiterate. Military exercises are no big deal. However to carry out these exercises post Uri and the unfolding drama between Pak/India is very significant. To hold these excercises in Rattu, in what is disputed territory and further highlighted by the recent incident amounts to gross vulgarity on part of the Russians toward Indian sensibilities. This fact is bigger than the exercises and very significant.

Kremlin must have known what message would be given by holding these exercises post Uri and in Kashmir region. Yet they still went ahead billion dollar contracts or not. So much for money talks.

Any further excuses, even if you have it would be better not waste our time at-least to avoid embarrassment. I said, take India Government somewhere else, Russia and Pakistan are having exercise. Give me official news link or source for such claim against Pakistan not India again. Stop wasting my time as well for the sake of anything you care about.

From no exercise to not the spetsnaz and now not the AK and God knows what is going to be next as another excuse but take some rest and watch here for updates regarding Russian Pakistan military exercise.

No further quotes for such rant. Thank you.
Bro, I'm surprised at you that you are letting a troll waste your time. Just ignore him, report him or give him negative rating for spreading blatant lies... but please don't feed him

I reiterate. Military exercises are no big deal. However to carry out these exercises post Uri and the unfolding drama between Pak/India is very significant. To hold these excercises in Rattu, in what is disputed territory and further highlighted by the recent incident amounts to gross vulgarity on part of the Russians toward Indian sensibilities. This is matter bigger than the exercises and very significant.

Kremlin must have known what message would be given by holding these exercises post Uri and in Kashmir region. Yet they still went ahead billion dollar contracts or not. So much for money talks.
Lolzz you really got me confused by just quoting two words from my comment :)
Not to sound arrogant but I reached these conclusions much earlier and the members who keep track of my post will agree with me as I have been saying this all along that post-USSR Russia is a different animal and my stance has been vindicated.

Instead of Crimea, Russia should have annexed Afghanistan, we would have supported them fully and closed our borders so that no backstabbing afghan can escape

Iam not seeing any Indian. Members here where are they specifically those saying no exercise is going place ?;)
@A-Team Your former invaders are now in Pakistan :omghaha: and they have reached the warm waters by passing Afghanistan all together. Long Live Russia- Pakistan Friendship.

conclusions much earlier and the members who keep track of my post will agree
Agree. As I said in post above I confess I got this entirely wrong. Given Pak's history with Russia I actually thought despite the winds now blowing in differant direction the Russians as token of support to their "Ganga comrades" would at least postpone or cancell the exercises as mark of support. That they did not says there is major change going on as you stated.

Last edited:
I reiterate. Military exercises are no big deal. However to carry out these exercises post Uri and the unfolding drama between Pak/India is very significant. To hold these excercises in Rattu, in what is disputed territory and further highlighted by the recent incident amounts to gross vulgarity on part of the Russians toward Indian sensibilities. This fact is bigger than the exercises and very significant.

I think what Putin is doing can be classified as the exact same approach US been trying to do.Hurt US interest as much as he can.Russia's recent joint drill with China in south china seas now this.I think this drill,from Russia's perspective, has more to do with US than India.

Back
Top Bottom