What's new

Russia 'not worried' over India buying arms from US: Kadakin

I gave you the Borie class as the only completely new design. The S-400 is a continuation of a legacy platform.

Let me give you an education lesson Almaz rarely deviates from the 'S' classification similar how the US does not deviate from the 'F' acronym in fighter, so if we look at the original S-300, the S-300P do we see anything in common with the latest S-300 or S-400? Besides the 'S' classification? The frequencies, range, targets tracked, targets, engaged, service ceiling, mach speed which varies from 4-12 depending on system, and seekers are all different, so to say that the S-400 is an upgrade or continuation of the S-400 is absolutely outlandish, but if you want to listen to Weki which sources Novosti please by all means do so.

The Lada class is the old Kilo..the Yasen the old Akula. What part of "new" platform did you not understand.

The Lada shares and similar hull design with the Kilo and the Yasen shares a similar design with the Akula--and when I say similar I do not mean the same since the tail plane and sail have diffent designs and displacement as well as length are not similar. As for the electronic, clearly it would be and is different, so in terms of hull design they shares similarities but they are fundamentally different submarines.

If I go by your logic the Nimitz class super carrier is just an upgrade of the 1930's era Yorktown :lol:

I missed the Gorshkov class. Other than that the rest are just improvements on existing soviet designs ..the Mig-29K(first flight 1988),the Su 34(first flight 1990) seriously? These are the "new" platforms?

Another education lesson for you, the design of an aircraft can take a decade, sometimes two decades. Both the Mig-29K and the SU-34 programs were initiated shortly before the Soviet Union collapsed. To put it in perspective the Russian air force has just recently started receiving SU-34's, in that time frame Sukhoi produced a multitude of airframes with changes and improvements. The first SU-34 prototype was nothing more than an empty shell which was used for aerodynamics, the avionics, weapons system integration, engine integration and stress tests as well as a battery of other tests were done after the Soviet collapse. So yes the SU-34 is a 'new platform' esspecially when you consider the fact that the first units were recently delivered. Still not convinced? Look at the F-22, it made its first flight in 1990, and first units were delivered to the USAF in 2005, so are you going to argue that the F-22 is old?

Difference being that the THAAD is futuristic technology...the Bulava certainly not.

Your opinions don't matter esspecially when you do not know about technical specifications.

Russia To Resume Test Launches of Bulava Missile in November - English pravda.ru

The Russian military developed Bulava to possess advanced defense capabilities making it resistant to missile-defense systems. Among its claimed abilities are evasive maneuvering, mid-course countermeasures and decoys and a warhead fully shielded against both physical and Electromagnetic pulse damage. The Bulava is designed to be capable of surviving a nuclear blast at a minimum distance of 500 meters.

I would say that that constitutes as 'futuristic' esspecially when there is nothing similar.

No it has not.

Yes it has.

Last edited:
U.S a Friend.......But Russia Is more than a Friend.......a trustworthy partner of ours since independence.....

US is not a friend for anyone in this world in my personnel opinion. India and US are using each other for benefits. Anyone can ditch other at any time i guess.

US is not a friend for anyone in this world in my personnel opinion. India and US are using each other for benefits. Anyone can ditch other at any time i guess.

I don't think such a sweeping generalization is correct. US has stuck to its friendship with Japan, Australia and NATO countries. And Taiwan to a large extent owes its existence to the US.

OT:
The Russians know that India will never leave their side simply because of the kind of relationship we have now. They have raised the bar by moving away from a buyer seller relationship to Technology Partnership. And the US doesn't look like matching this anytime soon. And Ambassadors confidence sort of shows it.
:cheers:

no one is friend!! Russia will tel why Russia was not worried about MMRCA after MMRCA decide!! lol

no one is friend!! Russia will tel why Russia was not worried about MMRCA after MMRCA decide!! lol

Well , let me tell u dude , that When Medvedev is signing the 30 Billion USD FGFA co production contract for 300 Jets , The MMRCA deal would be the last thing on his mind .

Also Russia has been pacified by India through Purchase of additional Mig29k and Su30 MKI for around 5 Billion USD ( 1.6 +3.5)

Russia Will also get the contract to upgrade first 100 Su30MKI starting 2012 , valued at 2.4 Billion USD

Even the US Will only get military contracts worth 10 Billion USD to Pacify them against the loss of MMRCA will definitely go to European contender
These include confirmed contract for C17 , additional P8I and M777 Howitzers valued at 7.5 Billion USD and possible sale of Apache and Chinook Helicopter valued at 2 Billion USD along with Mid Air refuellers and additional C-130 valued at 1 Billion USD each

Dude, after this last week's IAF declaration of FGFA project, MMRCA falls into third place in terms of big contracts the second being submarine deal with France. I'd suggest you to follow the list of strategic cooperation we have with Russia in army, navy, air force, space, nuclear energy and now even economic levels.

It is only bound to increase as BRIC increases its power.

Back
Top Bottom