What's new

Russia May Withdraw Support for Iran over S-300 Lawsuit

ASQ-1918

Reaction score
Country
Azerbaijan
10 Aug 2012

Russia May Withdraw Support for Iran over S-300 Lawsuit

Russia has threatened to remove its support for Iran’s right to nuclear energy due to a lawsuit Iran has filed against Rosoboronexport, Russia’s state military export company, Kommersant reported Aug. 10, citing a source in the Russian government.

The Iranian government filed a $4-billion suit against Rosoboronexport over its suspension of a contract to supply Iran with S-300 air defense systems.

According to Kommersant, the Kremlin has considered Iran “ungrateful” for Russia’s consistent support to Tehran’s nuclear program.

A source in the Russian government reportedly said that if the claim is not removed, “Iran will have to deal with the nuclear issue on the international stage alone.”

Moscow has so far blocked sanctions against Iran. According to Kommersant, the removal of Russia’s support would reduce the risk for Israel should it decide to launch a preventive strike against Iran.

Russia began to supply Iran with S-300 missile complexes in 2007. The contract stipulated purchases amounting to $800 million, but in 2010, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev signed a decree implementing a UN Security Council resolution, which banned the sale of advanced weapons systems to Iran.

Russia May Withdraw Support for Iran over S-300 Lawsuit - Kanal PIK TV

BTW, the last sentence is incorrect. Russia did not began to supply Iran with S-300 in 2007 but signed the contract in that year. Delivery never took place.

BTW, the last sentence is incorrect. Russia did not began to supply Iran with S-300 in 2007 but signed the contract in that year. Delivery never took place.
I didn't mean selling of S300,I meant if they see they are reaching their goals,they'll easily betray their friends.

Turkey did more to iran than russia , they let you sanction never veto while we did , they stopped sale of s-300 and hasnt payed back the money.

O-T:
They did pay pack the original money,but not the damages in the contract.They know very well that If Iran continues it's lawsuit,it can get at least $4 billions from them.

lol so turkey has veto right lately .the thing that move turkey forward iran relation is not good intention or being friendly.

what veto ? im talking about brazil and turkey veto.

well since when turkey have a veto?! 5 countries have a veto ......... russia , US , China and i think UK and france .......

I didn't mean selling of S300,I meant if they see they are reaching their goals,they'll easily betray their friends.

I meant the last sentence of the article, which is incorrect.

"Russia began to supply Iran with S-300 missile complexes in 2007."

1) Russia didn't support Iran in their nuclear adventure simply because they like Iran, but because Iran is paying Russia and the Russians have their own interests.
2) Russia can't afford to lose Iran in the region. Iran and Turkey are both major players in the Caucasus and Central-Asia and Russia can't afford to lose Iran as one of the more friendlier nations.
3) Iran should continue with this lawsuit. My aversion against Russia is larger than with any other country.

I don't think its wise to make enemies, especially since Russia is an enemy of Iran's enemies. I think Iran should swallow its pride and practise taqiya until its strong enough to deter all attacks against it. Russia-China is an important alternate axis to American imperialism, and Iran should not piss them off.

Russia has back stabbed Iran during the history more than any other country.I trust U.S more than I trust Russians.They easily sell you to your enemy if they see their agendas are fulfilled.

But your Ayatollahs love to suck it up to Ruskies and chant down with USA!

Back
Top Bottom