What's new

Russia-Iraq negotiating 2nd arms deal for fighter jets & armor / military industry deals

Keep in mind no Su-30 is mentioned in this article, only the Mig-29's.

We aren't interested in having discussion about the Mig-29s in here.

I see your point anyhow.

Keep in mind no Su-30 is mentioned in this article, only the Mig-29's.

I see your point anyhow.

I see your point anyhow.

I see your point anyhow.

Iraq is not getting any Mig-35, so it's not about what you're interested in but rather about reality. The article makes no mention of the Mig-35 which means they don't have interest in it.

Su-35 will be too costly and overkill for u guys.
It will be atleast 65 million per piece.

Su-30 will be just fine

Why an over-kill, in a multidimensional disturbed neighbourhood why should Iraq not get latest and greatest if they have money they should go for the best. The price difference between SU-30 and SU-35 is just 12m dollars and even if the price add $18m that's fine Iraq can afford 2 squadrons.

Why does India pay a $100 millions for the Su-30MKs then?

Ask them why indians are paying for upgrades 40+m for old mirage 2000s when they can buy basic su-30 for 40m and later upgrade it themselves.

Why an over-kill, in a multidimensional disturbed neighbourhood why should Iraq not get latest and greatest if they have money they should go for the best. The price difference between SU-30 and SU-35 is just 12m dollars and even if the price add $18m that's fine Iraq can afford 2 squadrons.

Ask them why indians are paying 40+m for old mirage 2000 when they can buy basic su-30 for 40m and later upgrade it themselves.

fine dude ur wish.

I ask that all the time regarding mirage 2000 too.
U can check my posts

fine dude ur wish.

U can check my posts

I read your posts where most of which contain realistic view point.

I learned a few things about India from you. :-)

Ask them why indians are paying for upgrades 40+m for old mirage 2000s when they can buy basic su-30 for 40m and later upgrade it themselves.

Gosh -_-

That's a load of money.

Iraq is not getting any Mig-35, so it's not about what you're interested in but rather about reality. The article makes no mention of the Mig-35 which means they don't have interest in it.

Dude,

My man @Luftwaffe and myself are having a one-to-one discussion which doesn't have to be dictated by the OP's report, but close to it.

fine dude ur wish.

U can check my posts

My friend than you are confused, india has a strategic fighter bomber in Mirage 2000 they want to keep it for as long as they can.

For Iraq in such a region they should get the best to counter the most sophisticated F-16s/F-15s of israel and Turkey's F-16s and later both getting F-35s.

But we are speculating who knows Iraq may only settle for more F-16s and mig-29s for next 2 decades but my personal opinion I don't think they would sit idle but would leap for better aircraft type in 8-10 years either Sukhoi or PAK-FA.

My friend than you are confused, india has a strategic fighter bomber in Mirage 2000 they want to keep it for as long as they can.

For Iraq in such a region they should get the best to counter the most sophisticated F-16s/F-15s of israel and Turkey's F-16s and later both getting F-35s.

But we are speculating who knows Iraq may only settle for more F-16s and mig-29s for next 2 decades but my personal opinion I don't think they would sit idle but would leap for better aircraft type in 8-10 years either Sukhoi or PAK-FA.

It's MIG 35 they are speaking about btw, not mig 29. An Iraqi pilot made a familiarization flight with it earlier and it has been mentioned in the SIGIR report. This article is just 1 article, to base everything on this makes no sense. I agree SU 35 wouldn't be overkill, it's needed to deter all other neighbors being in the middle of the middle east, it'll bring stability to the region.

Last edited:

I am not confused.
The point about mirage 2000 upgrade is 40million per plane without even engine retrofit.

That makes their life roughly 12 years after upgrade.and we paid 40 mil for that.

Regarding iraq,pakfa will be very costly at 100 mil per piece and mig 29 is too old.

Su-35 seems just fine then.

I am not confused.
The point about mirage 2000 upgrade is 40million per plane without even engine retrofit.

That makes their life roughly 12 years after upgrade.and we paid 40 mil for that.

Regarding iraq,pakfa will be very costly at 100 mil per piece and mig 29 is too old.

Su-35 seems just fine then.

My point about Mirage 2000 is it would still be a potent aircraft from the perspective of nuclear delivery as a fighter bomber...second Pakistan have over flown Mirage III/V series I believe these mirage 2000 later to -5 upgrades would live for the next 15-16 years after upgrades by that time LCA MK 3 might have come into existence and matured.

I agree about mig-29 but the evolution or souped up is mig-35 that is something Iraq should look into...

About PAK-FA Iraq has money they can pay, according to latest news US is trying hard and is expecting that in next 10 years F-35 price would come down to 65-80m thus russians should note that the product like PAK-FA should not exceed 75-80m.

My point about Mirage 2000 is it would still be a potent aircraft from the perspective of nuclear delivery as a fighter bomber...second Pakistan have over flown Mirage III/V series I believe these mirage 2000 later to -5 upgrades would live for the next 15-16 years after upgrades by that time LCA MK 3 might have come into existence and matured.

I agree about mig-29 but the evolution or souped up is mig-35 that is something Iraq should look into...

About PAK-FA Iraq has money they can pay, according to latest news US is trying hard and is expecting that in next 10 years F-35 price would come down to 65-80m thus russians should note that the product like PAK-FA should not exceed 75-80m.

Still 40 million per plane upgrade without changing engines smells of corruption.

On mig 35,the aesa radar,zhuk-ae/fga 35 is not ready and without it mig 35 is just an upgraded mig 29 with thrust vectoring present.

On f-35,there is no way it will cost 65-80 per plane,they are bluffing

Still 40 million per plane upgrade without changing engines smells of corruption.

On mig 35,the aesa radar,zhuk-ae/fga 35 is not ready and without it mig 35 is just an upgraded mig 29 with thrust vectoring present.

On f-35,there is no way it will cost 65-80 per plane,they are bluffing

That's up to russians to prepare and deliver radar and equipment with the aircrafts if contract is given to them but given their bad record I can't say for sure...

That's up to russians to prepare and deliver radar and equipment with the aircrafts if contract is given to them but given their bad record I can't say for sure...
Na man,they haven't moved beyond the proto stage for zhuk-ae aesa.thats why mig-35 is a jet that nobody wants,not even russia itself.

Pakfa aesa is undergoing testing and it looks good

No matter what kind of weapons will bring it can't change anything

Back
Top Bottom