What's new

Russia India joint fifth generation project comes to an end: Report

This is my personal and neutral opinion. India should focus on building its own jets and stop wasting resources on importing them. I know Tejas was not a great success, but that doesn't mean the next project will not be better. India has resources and brains, so i don't understand their love for foreign made weaponry. The only reason could be that the people on top love the kickbacks from the purchase of these weapons.

look at the bright side. when India retires all its Mig21, China will still be operating its J7s.

This has been a possibility for years now. J31 will become Azm. But it's not enough to make a difference.

Who told you j31 will be Project Azm Bharti boy? Any sources in PAF?

It's is purely Pakistani endeavour. Nothing to do with Chinese 5th gen aircrafts. Mark my words.

Dealing with Russians isn't the same as dealing with Americans or Chinese. You have to pay them upfront and no loans/credits will be offered. IAF wanted an equal share not just in sharing the costs but also the development. If they wouldn't allow us to participate in the project nor let our pilots fly the planes, how could we even take this to the next level. It would pretty much mean we are just purchasing them and may setup an assembly line like the MKI. It is better to invest that money in AMCA by involving our private sector and research universities
and who was stupid enough to pay the money and agree to these terms. now you are making excuses becuas ethe Russians butt effed you

Who told you j31 will be Project Azm Bharti boy? Any sources in PAF?

It's is purely Pakistani endeavour. Nothing to do with Chinese 5th gen aircrafts. Mark my words.
Pakistan can't even make a 4th generation fighter by itself and you think it can make a 5th generation one? What, do you think a joke like the Qaher-313 will suffice for our defence needs?

True. Since India plan to counter J-20 with LCA.

India will be focus on AMCA. But it would be tough as India plan to use FGFA tech transfer to build AMCA as India has no reverse engineering ability. India engineers needs lots of spoon feeding.

Ok... Calm down,,, its just a fake news... we don't want another warning From warning power aka Global times

This is my personal and neutral opinion. India should focus on building its own jets and stop wasting resources on importing them. I know Tejas was not a great success, but that doesn't mean the next project will not be better. India has resources and brains, so i don't understand their love for foreign made weaponry. The only reason could be that the people on top love the kickbacks from the purchase of these weapons.

Some sensible post and deserves a reply.

FGFA was supposed to be a JOINT venture with shares in technology as well was financing. For AMCA it was a must as to get first hand experience and apply it back home. That didnt happen and IAF along with MoD lost the faith in getting anything substantial out of it, we didnt ask for 50% share in tech but a meagre 25% was also not possible.

So India will go alone with AMCA and it will succeed. There are some great signs from the engine side with French help and other things in works. So focus is back on domestic things. Import is not the first option these days.

Some sensible post and deserves a reply.

FGFA was supposed to be a JOINT venture with shares in technology as well was financing. For AMCA it was a must as to get first hand experience and apply it back home. That didnt happen and IAF along with MoD lost the faith in getting anything substantial out of it, we didnt ask for 50% share in tech but a meagre 25% was also not possible.

So India will go alone with AMCA and it will succeed. There are some great signs from the engine side with French help and other things in works. So focus is back on domestic things. Import is not the first option these days.
I think India will still use a good amount of technology from Russia for the AMCA, whether or not the FGFA deal goes ahead or not (which it probably will as this news hasn't been confirmed and is probably fake). India does heavily rely on arms imports but is making rapid advances in domestic capability. We may mock the results of such endeavours for the time being, but soon, India may very well become a major arms exporter in the future.

Pakistan can't even make a 4th generation fighter by itself and you think it can make a 5th generation one? What, do you think a joke like the Qaher-313 will suffice for our defence needs?

Wait and watch.

I think India will still use a good amount of technology from Russia for the AMCA

There is no such technolofy we have gotten from Russia to use in AMCA. Its sad but thats the fact. All the tech that will go to AMCA is coming from Tejas. The most important being the flight data being consolidated over 2 decades. That will go into AMCA.

whether or not the FGFA deal goes ahead or not (which it probably will as this news hasn't been confirmed and is probably fake).

I am 99% hopeful that the deal will break. IAF has already given its verdict against t-50 and considers it not meeting their needs. The govt on the other hand was hopeful of getting some ToT share that could have eventually helped her in AMCA and this looks bleak. So consider it a scrapped deal. There are other reasons too but this much will do now.

India does heavily rely on arms imports but is making rapid advances in domestic capability. We may mock the results of such endeavours for the time being, but soon, India may very well become a major arms exporter in the future.

Thank you. The effort is on. the current DM Mrs Sitharaman is a promising lady from commerce back ground and has been specially tasked to cut ice with the companies. The R&D body has been given its mandate. We might get some good news later.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom