Russia hopes India will refloat MMRCA tender

arp2041

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
TH22-MIG_35_AIRCRA_1184990f.jpg

The Russian Mig 35 fighter aircraft

A top Russian arms trade official suggested that India may cancel the results of its tender for the purchase of 126 medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA).

“I wouldn’t say that the MMRCA tender is a closed issue. We have information that the tender is still up in the air,” said Vyacheskav Dzirkaln, Deputy Director of Russia’s Federal Service for Military Technical Cooperation.

The French Rafale aircraft won the MMRCA tender, whereas Russia’s MiG-35 did not even make it to the shortlist, which also included the European Eurofighter.

Mr. Dzirkaln told the Interfax-AVN news wire on Tuesday that neither the Indian nor the French side were happy with the financial terms of the deal and the extent of technology transfer.

“The sides have so far failed to reach agreement on these issues,” the Russian official claimed.

He did not rule out that India may refloat the tender.

“In the tender is floated again, we would be prepared to take part, taking into account the lessons we have learnt,” Interfax quoted Mr. Dzirkaln as saying.

The Russian official said the Indo-Russian defence cooperation had “enormous” potential.

“India is Russia’s Number One defence partner. It accounts for more than a third of the total volume of our military-technical cooperation with foreign countries,” he said.

Russia’s defence sales topped $13 billion last year.

“The potential [of Indo-Russian defence cooperation] is enormous and prospects for growth are very impressive,” Mr. Dzirkaln said.

He spoke hours after the news came that the U.S. Apache Longbow had beaten Russia’s Mi-28 in the $1.4-billion Indian tender for the purchase of 22 heavy-duty attack helicopters.

Mr. Dzirkaln said Russia was prioritising technology transfer and license production of high-tech defence systems in its defence cooperation with India. He revealed that a contract for the supply to India of additional 42 long-range multirole Su-30MKI fighters to India will be signed in the next few months.

“The contract is ready and practically finalised with the Indian side. It is currently undergoing procedures within the Indian Defence Ministry. We hope that it will be signed before the end of the year,” Mr. Dzirkaln said.

The Hindu : News / International : Russia hopes India will refloat MMRCA tender

I dont think India will be able to afford Rafael in the long run considering the financial crisis it is going through. They may certainly look for cheaper alternatives.

Good ,we need not buy weapons from the French.Look what did to their ally Libya .French cannot be trusted.

The is a scope for Buying 100 units of Mig 35OVT along with Rafale. Hopefully it will be inked sooner than I think.

The is a scope for Buying 100 units of Mig 35OVT along with Rafale. Hopefully it will be inked sooner than I think.

No required, if you ask me. HAL production lines are already booked, and Mig-29/35s are maintenance intensive aircrafts.

After years of trials & tribulations:

Europeans are hoping Typhoon will again make the cut.

Russians are hoping MMRCA would be re tendered.

Americans are hoping MMRCA will be scrapped & IAF will buy F-35.

Man, i think MMRCA has generated more drama around the world than any super hit Hollywood movie :D

I dont think India will be able to afford Rafael in the long run considering the financial crisis it is going through. They may certainly look for cheaper alternatives.
Here you world's most know economic analyst.....The only person in the world who thinks that he has more knowledge about Indian Economy then Manmohan Singh,P.Chidamram,Pranab Mukharji or Montek Singh.....Btw FYI we have just finalised around 30 Billion Dollar FGFA Deal with Russia....

ON TOPIC-
Even if we failed to reach any agreement with French...then the deal will be up for Eurofighter to grab as it was the second best contender of this deal.....No matter what now their is no chance for Mig 35,Grippen,F16 or F18 SH to get back in this deal they are a dead chapter now......

After years of trials & tribulations:

Europeans are hoping Typhoon will again make the cut.

Russians are hoping MMRCA would be re tendered.

Americans are hoping MMRCA will be scrapped & IAF will buy F-35.

Man, i think MMRCA has generated more drama around the world than any super hit Hollywood movie :D

Don't forget how nervous the possible opponents are, because they had to wait so long to plan on how to counter it. :lol: There is no doubt that Rafale will be part of IAF soon and I can see a lot more French stuff coming too. Some Russians are still disappointed, but that's nothing we should bother about, since they get a fair stuff of the cake as well.

No required, if you ask me. HAL production lines are already booked, and Mig-29/35s are maintenance intensive aircrafts.

Serviceability of Mig 29 is a hoax... the reason for the servicing issues are because we never had any production lines of Mig 29, they were direct imports. And yes.. there is enough space and resource lines in nasik and koraput to accommodate another a/c alongside MKI and Al31FN respective in both.

And there is an extensive need to additional 100 units of 4.5 gen a/c in the inventory. We are at record low numbers at sqdn strengthand every other day china claims to give PAF 50 odd jets.

^^

If we really need another 100-150 4.5th gen jets, then i'd look at Gripen. Low cost single engined and engine commonality with Tejas.

^^

If we really need another 100-150 4.5th gen jets, then i'd look at Gripen. Low cost single engined and engine commonality with Tejas.

Why not simply LCA MK2? They come in the same timeframe anyway and it would be easier to increase the production of one fighter, than producing 2 different once at the same time.
Honestly, we have MKI, we will have Super MKI, LCA and Rafale, why should we need another fighter type? Even if we would go for less Rafale, we simply increase the number of Super MKIs or LCA versions, that's it. There is no why MoD or IAF will go for a split in MMRCA!

Serviceability of Mig 29 is a hoax... the reason for the servicing issues are because we never had any production lines of Mig 29, they were direct imports. And yes.. there is enough space and resource lines in nasik and koraput to accommodate another a/c alongside MKI and Al31FN respective in both.

And there is an extensive need to additional 100 units of 4.5 gen a/c in the inventory. We are at record low numbers at sqdn strengthand every other day china claims to give PAF 50 odd jets.
Buddy this deal is not about aircrafts if that was the reason then we could have easily gone for Miraage 2K9 in 2005 when french offered us to transfer the Miraage 2000 line to India or we could have easily got Mig29 and MkIsed it according to our wish......Here the deal is about getting top notch Technology from western countries and integrating it in our defence Industry so that we don't need to re-invent the wheel......otherwise after this deal except Lca Mk2 IAF won't go for any other 4+ or 4.5+ gen fighter jet specialy when they know that they are going to get their hands on 5 th gen aircraft by the end of this decade.......

Back
Top Bottom