What's new

Russia has no questions to China about “copying” military equipment

aimarraul

Reaction score
Russia has no questions to China about “copying” military equipment

FARNBOROUGH. July 19 (Interfax-AVN) - China is using Russian and Soviet know-how to develop and build aircraft, Alexander Fomin, first deputy head of the Federal Military-Technical Cooperation Service, said at a news conference at the Farnborough air show.

"It is an accomplished fact. China is vigorously developing its defense industry, not without Russia's assistance, of course," he said.

The Soviet Union built about 3,000 enterprises, while Russia handed China licenses to make aircraft and components," he said.

"We handed over a large amount of know-how to China, including information related to the defense industry. It is not surprising that it repeats itself in Chinese products," he said.

Asked whether China has developed a fighter jet which it claims excels Russia's Sukhoi Su-33, Fomin said, "I can neither confirm, nor deny this."

"Concerning the Su-33, Russia did not deliver such planes to China. If our Chinese partners have them, they were not received from Russian sources," he said.

Fomin said Russia has no questions to China so far. "We have an agreement on the protection of intellectual property rights. If we uncover copyright violations, we will deal with this within the framework of the agreement," Fomin said.

Good to see attitudes are changing on both sides and that an agreement has been struck with regards to Chinese protection for future transfers. It would be a shame to let such a good geo-political alliance be soured by IP issues.

Fomin said Russia has no questions to China so far. "We have an agreement on the protection of intellectual property rights. If we uncover copyright violations, we will deal with this within the framework of the agreement," Fomin said.

I hope all the doubters and haters will now shut up about "illegal copying" blah blah blah.

I hope all the doubters and haters will now shut up about "illegal copying" blah blah blah.

I doubt it.....the Indian and Western media will continue to call it "copy".

They are jealous of China's success....one day all the China hatemonger will explode because of all the hate they piled up inside themselves LOL

This horse is dead and buried yet idiots like you insist on digging it out.

Would it settle the matter if we the chinese people collectively concede that we are all unthinking drones incapable of innovation and forever doomed to slavish imitation? Would it?

I'll repeat it until I'm blue in the face if it makes you feel better because it doesn't affect the facts on the ground or what we are going to accomplish in the future.

Read my post again properly before calling me an idiot!!!

My post was actually supportive of Chinese.

Read my post again properly before calling me an idiot!!!

My post was actually supportive of Chinese.

I apologize to replace him, where he certainly made a mistake, after all, English is not our mother tongue, very sorry to you .

Well Russia soft stance says it wants a comeback in the sino defence market..after losing a large potential Indian market to western bidders.

Why would Russia car China uses alot of Russian items and its friends like Pakistan also use Russian engines no , so no problem

Russia is also worried by the Missile defence shielf Uncle 'SAM' is puting ..

So it needs strong confident partners like China - involved

Its common sense

Well Russia soft stance says it wants a comeback in the sino defence market..after losing a large potential Indian market to western bidders.

The question is what would China buy from Russia ? The most important items would be military technology and not many complete weapon systems.

The question is what would China buy from Russia ? The most important items would be military technology and not many complete weapon systems.

China caught up or almost caught up with Russia in terms of producing weapons...so there is not much Russia can offer China.

<China caught up or almost caught up with Russia in terms of producing weapons...so there is not much Russia can offer China.>

The concept of what goes around comes around (or circle) applies here I think.

Russian weapon technologies derived from European and American technologies. So, this is a big plus for China.

What China needs to do is improved or polished the quality of Russian weapon technologies and viola China will have the best weapons from three different regions.

<China caught up or almost caught up with Russia in terms of producing weapons...so there is not much Russia can offer China.>

The concept of what goes around comes around (or circle) applies here I think.

Russian weapon technologies derived from European and American technologies. So, this is a big plus for China.

What China needs to do is improved or polished the quality of Russian weapon technologies and viola China will have the best weapons from three different regions.

China and Russia are not eager to fight each other two peaceful neighbours so they are just trading and trying to prevent anyone from entering their territories illegally

<sorry sorry sorry I am reading impaired>

Dude, don't be so meek. And you're saying this to some guy (i.e., you don't even know his name). LOL.

Back
Top Bottom