What's new

Russia, Egypt Agree to Boost Military Cooperation – Putin

What does not make sense to you?

What I do not understand is how will the recent purchase help deter or defeat your primary threat ?

Egypt will spend a huge amount purchasing and then a larger amount maintaining

How cost efficient do you think that will be ?

this is what i like to see i hope next we get S 300 air defence and su 35

What I do not understand is how will the recent purchase help deter or defeat your primary threat ?

there is always a possibility of war with any nation Egyptian armed forces need to be ready to face any force and defend Egypt

The recent purchases are in no way game changers and weren't meant to be, they are an improvement on what we already have. Egypt already operates the Buk M1-2 AND Tor M1, the addition of the M2 improves our capabilities in that area while allowing us to retire aging SA-6 SAM systems. The Kornet is also an improvement to Egypt's vast array of wire guided missiles, it's intended to replace aging Milan and TOW systems, however, it is not a new system, it is already operated by anti-tank SF. The Mig-29 M2/Mig-35 also is not a game changer, it is part of Egypt's plan to replace retired and retiring Mig-21 and F-7 fighters, alongside more purchases of the F-16 B52+ and the eventual upgrade of Block 40 fighters to 52 standards. Any helicopter purchases such as the Mil-28 will be used to replace the outgoing Gazelle as well as complement the Apaches, so we would no longer be reliant on the US only in the Attack Helicopter department, new Mi-17s (which we already operate) would be used to replace old Mi-8s. All in all its a modernasition drive and not a revolution in armament, expanding on systems we already operate and replacing aging or obsolete systems and diversifying armament in areas in which we are reliant on one sole party.

Egypt already has the infrastructure in place to overhaul and maintain all its Soviet/Russian weaponry, and will no longer need to spend funds on upgrading and maintaining aging or obsolete systems such as the Mig-21 or old SA-6 systems.

No idea, all I do know is that the Armed Force's looked at the costs of procuring and maintaining these systems over their entire lifetime and found it to be acceptable, if it was unaffordable and not cost efficient they would not have gone through with it.

this is what i like to see i hope next we get S 300 air defence and su 35

The S-300 and similar systems are strategic and we already operate the PAC-3. Although it would be nice to have it, it is in no way necessary. The Su-35 isn't ready for Russian domestic production let alone export.

Meanwhile people are dying in Egypt and SISSY sissfying in women clothes.

Sissy come out and become a leader. Don't be on the pay roll of Israel/Kinks.

@Frogman

You see why I am so frustrated !

No, not really. Standard VIP protection. If its a large delegation there would naturally be more men protecting them. Same thing happens with any national or international VIP.

I am surprised why you are adopting this mode of answering.

However what I want to debate with you is that all the pieces of perspective purchase are intended for a full fledged
war / armor columns and infantry support.

Whereas Egypt's recent problem has been asymmetrical warfare with very motivated and small team based terrorists.

how will Mig 29 and other hi-fi stuff help in that ?

I will comment later other purchases, these Fulcrums are paid by saudi gifts from Russians to egypt also as you know EAF has 170 something obsolete Migs/F-7s, Mirages...although 24 is not enough atleast they'll come with true Active BVR that is not available to them with F-16s and never will be.

Putin seem to be amassing a harem of dictator fagots for him. First Assad and now the lunatic sisi. Btw how the butcher sisi pay for it? Egypt's economy is a shithole only kept afloat by KSA. :lol:

Last edited:
to much news about Egyptian - Russian Arms deal actually no deal sign 2013-2014 why

before 30/06/2013 revolution Egypt negotiate with Russia china Europe even India in February 2013 about supporting Egyptian movement Russia , china and India give full supporting from begging Ex foreign Minister Ahmed ِAbu Gheit led negotiation and worn Europe We will Open fully Egyptian Market and cooperation to china and no good future for European business in Egypt if not support we but pressure against Europe to isolate USA

Russian from 2011 Arab Crises make political deal with Egypt that Egypt solve internal problem and Russian will manage situation in Syria

for military situation Egypt estimate that USA will Ban arms sales and delivery to Egypt

Egypt sign military deal with Russia to cover arms ban to Egypt
Like ban USA M1 Abrams AH-64 CH-47 and accurate arms delivery

Russian and china support Egyptian revolution and prevent UN Security Council take any decision against Egyptian revolution

As we see MI-24/35 Deal sign 2012
MI-24.jpg

We cancel effect American embargo when American note massive movement for Russian arms shipment in September / October 2013 to Egyptian ports and airports

Even Germany when ban engines for Fahd APC production we sign Protocol for development new APC BASED on SAMSUNG MPV pulse Increase cooperation in the development of military vehicles with China and the Czech Republic, Belarus

According the factory manager Kadar Factory for developed Industries

SamSUNG AOI.jpg

so there is no deal but establish extended economic and military cooperation with Russia and other countries

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom