What's new

Russia could receive S-500 in 2013

GR!FF!N

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Russia’s Armed Forces could receive the first of its next-generation S-500 air defense missile systems as early as in 2013, Air Force commander Maj.Gen. Viktor Bondarev said on Wednesday.
“I think that as soon as next year we will get the first of these (S-500) systems in service,” Bondarev said at a RIA Novosti press conference dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Russian Air Force.

The commander stressed that Russia’s air defenses are in very good shape with new regiments of a formidable S-400 Triumf air defense system entering service every year.
The crews of air defense systems regularly carry out training drills to improve their efficiency.
“We have improved the response time to airborne threats to 3-4 seconds compared to the previous 9-10 seconds.

Russia currently has four S-400 regiments – two in the Moscow region, one in the Baltic exclave of Kaliningrad, and one in the Eastern Military District.
By 2020, Russia is to have 28 S-400 regiments, each comprised of two battalions, mainly in maritime and border areas.

The S-400 Triumf long- to medium-range surface-to-air missile system can effectively engage any aerial target, including aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, and cruise and ballistic missiles at up to 400 kilometers and an altitude of up to 30 kilometers.

http://www.defence talk.com/russia-may-deploy-first-s-500-missiles-in-2013-air-force-43423/

Russia currently has four S-400 regiments – two in the Moscow region, one in the Baltic exclave of Kaliningrad, and one in the Eastern Military District.
By 2020, Russia is to have 28 S-400 regiments, each comprised of two battalions, mainly in maritime and border areas.

The S-400 Triumf long- to medium-range surface-to-air missile system can effectively engage any aerial target, including aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, and cruise and ballistic missiles at up to 400 kilometers and an altitude of up to 30 kilometers.

http://www.defence talk.com/russia-may-deploy-first-s-500-missiles-in-2013-air-force-43423/

I find it pretty interesting that Russia opposes Europe having anti-ballistic missiles along it's borders. But it is ok for Russia to have the same along thier border with Europe.

Russia makes some of the best air defense systems in the world. Sometimes i just wish we have better relations with them.

I find it pretty interesting that Russia opposes Europe having anti-ballistic missiles along it's borders. But it is ok for Russia to have the same along thier border with Europe.

Sir there is a difference between anti air and anti ballistic system.....don't you agree?

Russia’s Armed Forces could receive the first of its next-generation S-500 air defense missile systems as early as in 2013, Air Force commander Maj.Gen. Viktor Bondarev said on Wednesday.
“I think that as soon as next year we will get the first of these (S-500) systems in service,” Bondarev said at a RIA Novosti press conference dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Russian Air Force.

The commander stressed that Russia’s air defenses are in very good shape with new regiments of a formidable S-400 Triumf air defense system entering service every year.
The crews of air defense systems regularly carry out training drills to improve their efficiency.
“We have improved the response time to airborne threats to 3-4 seconds compared to the previous 9-10 seconds.

I think India and China would start buying S-400 as soon as they can. India and China both have their own own missile defense program but its true that S400 is a proved platform and is in production right now. rest, we hope to have S-500 ready soon :tup:

Russia makes some of the best air defense systems in the world. Sometimes i just wish we have better relations with them.

Sir there is a difference between anti air and anti ballistic system.....don't you agree?

Yes and the S400 is a fairly similar system to the SM-3 Which which the US is deploying in Europe is it not? Both are effective agianst medium range ballistic missles.

Yes and the S400 is a fairly similar system to the SM-3 Which which the US is deploying in Europe is it not? Both are effective agianst medium range ballistic missles.

S-400 as far as i have read is an anti air missile with a limited ballistic missile capability. SM-3 on the other hand is a dedicated anti ballistic system considered the best in the anti ballistic system league.
From wiki:
The SM-3 has shown some of the best results of any anti-missile system used by the US.

No tests suggest that S-400 has intercepted an incoming missile.

I am not sure on what basis are you comparing the two?

S-400 as far as i have read is an anti air missile with a limited ballistic missile capability. SM-3 on the other hand is a dedicated anti ballistic system considered the best in the anti ballistic system league.
From wiki:

What intercept tests have been conducted who knows. Russia is not quite as open about such things as western countries. But the manufacturer claims it can intercept short and medium range ballistic missiles. just as the SM-6 hits short and medium range ballistic missiles. are you saying they are wrong?

The S400 is a more rounded system in that it can be used for most air threats. the SM-3 has a more narrow focus with ballistic missile defense. But then agian the Navy who developed the SM-3 didn't need it to do more since they have the SM-2, and SM-6 for aircraft and cruise missile threats.

From wiki:

Well if you want to use the wiki...
S-400 (SAM) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Finally the completion of the project was announced in February 2004. In April, a ballistic missile was successfully intercepted in a test of the upgraded 48N6DM interceptor missile.

I'm sorry to embarrass you on this.

Why does it bother you...US of A has crossed their borders decades ago..than why you have problem with Russia.and yeah they should be bothered about Europe as they dont go along well..

Russia never invades as US of A or its gang NATO.

Wont your ego hurt when Russia places the same system at Cuba ? :tongue:

Wow the whole world is crying for S300 for military modernization and the russians are already into S500s. I guess air defence system would be a russian forte while stealth aircrafts and hypersonic misslies will be US area of specialty. Russian shield against US sword.

SM-3 cannot intercept anything more than S-400 can, as of now it is limited to only some medium ranged ballistic missiles. S-400 is versatile mobile air defense/ABM system while SM-3 has fixed base, an aerodynamic configuration and a flight profile which does not allow anything other than interception of ballistic targets in intemrediate (high altitude) stage.

Back
Top Bottom