What's new

Russia could receive S-500 in 2013

i dont know if the s-300 or any proved to be good but most russian stuff are known to be junk especially compared to europeon and US equipment.

Why does it bother you...US of A has crossed their borders decades ago..than why you have problem with Russia.and yeah they should be bothered about Europe as they dont go along well..

I am actually not bothered with it. It was Russia who has been bothered by it. Protesting european missiled defense when they already have it in place on thier side. As far as I am concerned let both sides have it.

Are you talking about the same Junk that shot down one your military jets and severely damaged a another one a week ago? :lol:

if I were you I would not anger them...russia could get destroyed by turkey in 24 hours according to some torks here.

on topic, according to Wikipedia the s-500 is not an upgraded s-400, so that mean it is specifically designed for BM's?

I think a lot people misunderstood the article, according to Russian media Russia would start testing someS-500 components in 2013, the minimum time frame that S-500 will hit IOC is 2017, and some people saying it will take as long as 2020, because like Persian God king said S-500 is not a continuation of the S-300 family but a whole new same system,the only thing it will have in common with S-300/S-400 family are the transport vehicles.

Wow the whole world is crying for S300 for military modernization and the russians are already into S500s. I guess air defence system would be a russian forte while stealth aircrafts and hypersonic misslies will be US area of specialty. Russian shield against US sword.

So what do you call our missile defense and Russia's new stealth fighters and hypersonic missiles of their own? U.S. shield against Russian sword?

Well if you want to use the wiki...
S-400 (SAM) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Finally the completion of the project was announced in February 2004. In April, a ballistic missile was successfully intercepted in a test of the upgraded 48N6DM interceptor missile.

I'm sorry to embarrass you on this.

Old man if you dont know the basis of my argument then please don't bother. I have never said that S-400 does does not have a limited capability to intercept an incoming missile, though i haven't read wiki because i hardly consider it a source. I used it for reference only. I was asking sir Thomas on what ground was he comparing an anti air missile with an anti ballistic one. He made it clear that is it.

But hey thanks for embarrassing me how can i ever forget:lol:

Old man if you dont know the basis of my argument then please don't bother. I have never said that S-400 does does not have a limited capability to intercept an incoming missile, though i haven't read wiki because i hardly consider it a source. I used it for reference only. I was asking sir Thomas on what ground was he comparing an anti air missile with an anti ballistic one. He made it clear that is it.

But hey thanks for embarrassing me how can i ever forget:lol:

Hey no problem IceCold, just contradicting about no test was ever made by the S400 against ballistic missiles when using the same source you using. I understand it was overlooked and wanted to make sure you saw it and as I said before that I'm sorry to embarrass you on it.

guys,was S-400 sold to China???in another thread,a chinese member posted a missile that looks exactly S-400.they even claimed that it is S-400..but i never found a source on that.

guys,was S-400 sold to China???in another thread,a chinese member posted a missile that looks exactly S-400.they even claimed that it is S-400..but i never found a source on that.

S400 looks physically the same as the S300. Just more improvements. Wouldn't surprise me one bit that they are the one and same in whatever pic you looked at. Nothing definite yet if the Chinese ever got it unless confirmed.

S-400 is not for export (for now).

Russia placing AAM's within Russian territory. I am sure the Russians wouldn't mind you putting SM 3's in your own territory.

I guess the S-500 is the best of all air defence systems far better than even the USA's latest patriots......:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom