What's new

Russia clears Chinese jets for Pakistan

Indian Russian honeymoon seems to get setbacks. First Brahmos export ideas were bombed by russia. Then we hear that the aircraftcarrier would be delayed another 2 years. Now the RD93 seems to be okayed to third nations through China. India may opt to go western options but that will have impact on Russian relations with Pakistan/China (they need a big market). And even then the Russians have a big finger in India. They supplied several planes and with MKI they own biggest pie in Indian inventory. You can look at the tankers, mig27, Mig29's... It is all spare parts coming from mother Russia. India is no longer in a comfortable seat. But I do have to say that India has the cash. They can go for other exotics but there is no will. Just like there is no will to produce a well performing LCA.

Putin must be drunk when signing his permission on RD-93. no cause to get 1.5bln an angry money since China dont have any options except Russia exports. Absolute vodka!

real funs in reviewing into the RD-93 issue thread now.

Putin must be drunk when signing his permission on RD-93. no cause to get 1.5bln an angry money since China dont have any options except Russia exports. Absolute vodka!

real funs in reviewing into the RD-93 issue thread now.

What u trying to say? I can't understand what you wrote?

How many times do I have to tell you, Russia is still going to get business from India. Russia has a very strong lobby within the Indian military ranks. When the politicians ask the military generals what to buy next they are going to hand over a Russian list.

How many times do I have to tell you, Russia is still going to get business from India. Russia has a very strong lobby within the Indian military ranks. When the politicians ask the military generals what to buy next they are going to hand over a Russian list.

True, but the amount spend on Russian stuff is going to come down drastically. You can expect India to buy more western. The absolute and the given Thumb Rule, that Russian Products have first priority will take a beating. Anyone helping Pakistan is not taken lightly here, especially if they are the Russians.
If you believe that Americans are bad at lobby making, and then you are not seeing the whole picture. Life becomes more easier for them.
What Kvlin is trying to say is simple, Putin wanted to show force on India maybe its leanings to the West. But it took as far as I am concerned a customer known for credit rather an hard cash paying India. The Loss is for Putin, He wont loose India as yet, but he has lost his firm grip.

What u trying to say? I can't understand what you wrote?

dont get me wrong pal, I'm so delighted with the news despite the connectionless with me. I was joking.

however based, rumors are rumors.:lol:
China has more than one route in getting help for military R&Ds, like French assistant to WZ-10 copter.

anyways, China is not anxious about the engine issue for herself, coz PLAAF can wait for WS-13 to power their FC-1s, which matches the Chinese self-reliance policy as we wish all the time. but conditions are different in Pakistan, JF-17s are expected to play the main force in PAF. China is surely responsible for performance of the significant contract with PAF,and hence will fight back any purposeful embarments sophisticatedly.

the bilateral trade between Russia and China has not been increasing in regularity.which is,to my mind, a deplomatic handle adding to the traditional strategic partnership.

in this regard,business is more likely the winner. we have cause for a good celebration but none for self-satisfaction.

Anyone helping Pakistan is not taken lightly here, especially if they are the Russians.
Why do you expect Russians to take it lightly when India ditched Russia over USA. Any way I'm sure by now Indians have realised there mistakes and are busy appologising Russians. I can already see, Indians with Russian connections are away from there PC's. ;)
BTW, How about Pakistan US alliance! and can you ever come out of this Pakistani orbit.

If you believe that Americans are bad at lobby making, and then you are not seeing the whole picture. Life becomes more easier for them.
Forget the history, its new world where command of US is declining and will continue in same direction in more time to come.
More players like China will emerge.
Thats exactly the reason why US is inclined to India.
In future India will be in even hoter waters.
Have fun :banana2:

I dont know, But I am sure there is something other than Money. Indians do have very good R&D background.
Very good Indian R&D background! but as far I know PAK-FA is a classified (Russian) dvelopment project of most advanced fighter jets.
Sorry mate, you don't make much sense here. ;)

Very good Indian R&D background! but as far I know PAK-FA is a classified (Russian) dvelopment project of most advanced fighter jets.
Sorry mate, you don't make much sense here. ;)

India is the joint partner in PAK-FA, read the forum or google.

Why do you expect Russians to take it lightly when India ditched Russia over USA. Any way I'm sure by now Indians have realised there mistakes and are busy appologising Russians. I can already see, Indians with Russian connections are away from there PC's. ;)
BTW, How about Pakistan US alliance! and can you ever come out of this Pakistani orbit.

Forget the history, its new world where command of US is declining and will continue in same direction in more time to come.
More players like China will emerge.
Thats exactly the reason why US is inclined to India.
In future India will be in even hoter waters.
Have fun :banana2:

Do you really think what you just wrote is geo-politics. lol
You wont believe it from an Indian, So I hope Niaz, Murad or Mastan clears your doubt, on strategic alliances where India stands.

Do you really think what you just wrote is geo-politics. lol
You wont believe it from an Indian, So I hope Niaz, Murad or Mastan clears your doubt, on strategic alliances where India stands.
It was an answer to what you wrote.:toast: any one can go back and see the context.
Geo politics cannot be described in few lines, can you?

India is the joint partner in PAK-FA, read the forum or google.
If all is on google why didn't you knew it on the first place or posted a link to support very good indian R&D in PAK-FA project.
Now again, my answer is in context to previous post.
Lets not spoil the thread any more.

World News & Analysis

Russian Fifth-Generation Fighter To Be Delivered in 2012
Aviation Week & Space Technology
04/23/2007, page 23

Alexey Komarov
Moscow

Douglas Barrie
London

After a decade of disarray, the Russian air force could finally have a credible fighter program

Printed headline: Succession Plans

The Russian air force plans to start acceptance trials of its next-generation fighter in 2012, while the government moves to provide badly needed support for the aircraft's weapons suite.

First flight of the Sukhoi T-50, selected in 2002 to meet the air force's future fighter requirement (known by the Russian acronym PAK FA), is expected in 2009. PAK FA is a twin-engine fighter in the class of the Su-27 Flanker.

{{The Su-35 will include subsystems eventually intended for inclusion on Russia's T-50 fifth-generation fighter.Credit: KNAAPO CONCEPT}}

After years of turmoil in its future-fighter planning, the air force suggests it's getting back on track. The service's deputy chief, Gen. Alexander Zelenin, says development of the fifth-generation fighter is on schedule.

Russia also continues to negotiate a bilateral agreement with India that will allow the latter to participate in the T-50 program. Indian involvement would also provide valuable financial support.

The air force has already approved an "electronic mockup" of the aircraft. Sukhoi, meanwhile, is preparing the manufacturing documentation for the first prototypes. Along with single-seat baseline aircraft, Sukhoi is considering a naval version, as well as two-seat and special mission aircraft.

Earlier this month, the government also reviewed its guided-weapons road map. Until recently, Russia's air-to-air missile plans seemed to have been in abeyance for the better part of a decade because of inadequate funding.

Sukhoi has also agreed on the industrial manufacturing structure for the fighter. The Novosibirsk Aircraft Production Organization (NAPO) will be responsible for the forward section of the fuselage. The Komsomolsk-on-Amur site will be responsible for final assembly, along with the manufacture of the remaining main structures. Komsomolsk produces Flanker variants for China, while NAPO is beginning series production, if in small batches, of the Su-34 strike version of the aircraft.

The T-50 engine program is led by NPO Saturn, although the effort involves most of the country's main engine design facilities and research institutes. Saturn is developing a scalable turbofan design, with the aim being to produce both higher efficiency and reliability.

Along with the T-50, Saturn is looking at an engine version to power a single-seat fighter. While it lost out to Sukhoi for the PAK FA requirement, MiG is continuing to carry out design work on an advanced light fighter. This project also has supporters within the military as a complement to the larger T-50. Another potential application for a further derated version of the engine would be for an unmanned combat air vehicle.

Meanwhile, engine research has also suffered from a lack of funding. Industry sources previously suggested that state support for this area had all but dried up. Fresh funding is now expected to come onstream during the course of this year.

Saturn has been introducing elements of a next-generation engine on the latest version of the AL-31F design for the Flanker. Dubbed "Article 117S," the engine is intended for the Su-35 fighter. It has a thrust of 14.5 metric tons, about two tons more than basic Al-31F. The first 117S engines have already passed flight tests and soon will be shipped for installation on the Su-35 prototype. Industry sources suggest the aircraft will be able to supercruise in some configurations with the improved engines.

While the Su-35 is being positioned primarily as an export product, Sukhoi is also eager to see the Russian air force adopt the aircraft. Several of the avionics systems planned for the Su-35 will also be used as the basis of equipment for the T-50. These include the cockpit layout, software and design of the man-machine interface, weapons control system and sensor integration, and tactical awareness and warning system.

The government is determined to ensure that weapon programs associated with the fifth-generation fighter receive adequate support. Earlier this month, the government's Military-Industrial Commission reviewed a draft of its "Program of Airborne Weapon Development Through 2015" document. This is intended to "consolidate financial, research, design, manufacturing and organizational resources" to achieve program goals, according to Sergei Ivanov, the head of the commission.

The government aims to spend 60 billion rubles ($2.3 billion) through 2015 on development, manufacturing and support of airborne weapons. Research and development funding is planned to be increased by 200-250%.

Vympel, now part of Tactical Missile Systems, has had a next-generation dogfight air-to-air missile, the K-30, also known as the Izdeliye (Article) 300 program, for more than a decade. However, lack of funding has until now hampered development. Vympel is also working on a midlife update of the R-77 (AA-12 Adder) medium-range radar-guided air-to-air missile. This project is known as the K-77M. A long-range missile, the Izdeliye 810, is also being designed. All three of these developments are intended for the PAK FA.

If all is on google why didn't you knew it on the first place.
Now again, my answer is in context to previous post.
Lets not spoil the thread any more.

first and the last time, for now onwards do your own research

Back
Top Bottom