What's new

RUSSIA CANCELS T 95 TANK PROJECT

PEACEMAKER2010

Reaction score
Ares Homepage

Russia Cancels Arms Programs
On April 5 the Russian government discussed the program for the development of the national defense industry for 2011-2020. The Prime Minister Vladimir Putin appealed to the military to define what weapons they really need and for what tasks. He stated that 40% of defense R&D programs don’t result in anything representing just a waste of resources.

The military was quick to respond. Two days later deputy defense minister and chief of armaments Vladimir Popovkin announced that a number of programs for development of new armor and artillery weapons will be cancelled. The main victim is the mysterious Object 195 program that was aimed to develop a new generation main battle tank to replace existing T-80 and T-90 tanks in the Russian Army. The new tank also dubbed T-95 has been developed by Nizhny Tagil Uralvagonzavod armor manufacturer in complete secrecy for more than 15 years. Popovkin said the military will focus on modernization of the T-90 instead.
Among other cancelled development programs are the 152 mm Koalitziya-SV self-propelled double-barrel artillery system, BMD-4 airborne combat vehicle, 125 mm Sprut-SD self-propelled anti-tank gun and BMPT tank support combat vehicle. All these programs were in the phase of prototype testing. Popovkin said these weapons hadn’t been included in the defense procurement program, but the government will reimburse the designers for their development expenses.

T 95 PROTOTYPE
falconturretkaddbjordanai8.jpg

1-falcon-tank.jpg

Below an artist's impression of the real T-95

attachment.php

:cry: :angry: :hitwall:

^ hun ki kero gay bhai ? Arjun te pehlay goday beh gaye a :rofl:

Trials up: Arjun tank outruns, outguns Russian T-90

New Delhi: India’s home-built Arjun tank has emerged a conclusive winner from its showdown with the Russian T-90. A week of comparative trials, conducted by the army at the Mahajan Ranges, near Bikaner in Rajasthan, has ended; the results are still officially secret. But, Business Standard has learned from multiple sources who were involved in the trials that the Arjun tank has outperformed the T-90 on every crucial parameter.

The trial pitted one squadron (14 tanks) of Arjuns against an equal number of T-90s. Each squadron was given three tactical tasks; each involved driving across 50 kilometres of desert terrain and then shooting at a set of targets. Each tank had to fire at least 10 rounds, stationary and on the move, with each hit being carefully logged. In total, each tank drove 150 kilometres and fired between 30-50 rounds. The trials also checked the tanks' ability to drive through a water channel 5-6 feet deep.

The Arjun tanks, the observers all agreed, performed superbly. Whether driving cross-country over rugged sand-dunes; detecting, observing and quickly engaging targets; or accurately hitting targets, both stationery and moving, with pinpoint gunnery; the Arjun demonstrated a clear superiority over the vaunted T-90.

"The Arjun could have performed even better, had it been operated by experienced crewmen", says an officer who has worked on the Arjun. "As the army's tank regiments gather experience on the Arjun, they will learn to exploit its capabilities." With the trial report still being compiled -- it is expected to reach Army Headquarters after a fortnight -- neither the army, nor the Defence R&D Organisation (DRDO), which developed the Arjun tank in Chennai at the Central Vehicles R&D Establishment (CVRDE), are willing to comment officially about the trials.
http://news.in.msn.com/internalsecurity/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3743009

Last edited:
Trials up: Arjun tank outruns, outguns Russian T-90

New Delhi: India’s home-built Arjun tank has emerged a conclusive winner from its showdown with the Russian T-90. A week of comparative trials, conducted by the army at the Mahajan Ranges, near Bikaner in Rajasthan, has ended; the results are still officially secret. But, Business Standard has learned from multiple sources who were involved in the trials that the Arjun tank has outperformed the T-90 on every crucial parameter.

The trial pitted one squadron (14 tanks) of Arjuns against an equal number of T-90s. Each squadron was given three tactical tasks; each involved driving across 50 kilometres of desert terrain and then shooting at a set of targets. Each tank had to fire at least 10 rounds, stationary and on the move, with each hit being carefully logged. In total, each tank drove 150 kilometres and fired between 30-50 rounds. The trials also checked the tanks' ability to drive through a water channel 5-6 feet deep.

The Arjun tanks, the observers all agreed, performed superbly. Whether driving cross-country over rugged sand-dunes; detecting, observing and quickly engaging targets; or accurately hitting targets, both stationery and moving, with pinpoint gunnery; the Arjun demonstrated a clear superiority over the vaunted T-90.

"The Arjun could have performed even better, had it been operated by experienced crewmen", says an officer who has worked on the Arjun. "As the army's tank regiments gather experience on the Arjun, they will learn to exploit its capabilities." With the trial report still being compiled -- it is expected to reach Army Headquarters after a fortnight -- neither the army, nor the Defence R&D Organisation (DRDO), which developed the Arjun tank in Chennai at the Central Vehicles R&D Establishment (CVRDE), are willing to comment officially about the trials.
Trials up: Arjun tank outruns, outguns Russian T-90 - 1 -  2010: Defence & Internal Security Special on MSN India

What I have learned about Arjun is not that it doesn't start or cannot aim its target etc, its about its fundamentals and architecture that it is too heavy to be operated in the area it is primarily built for. Other problems were its inability to operate under high temperatures and because of being over-weight, unreliability of the chain that is prone to breaking. There are 10s of articles and 100s of analysts from India who have described the project as unsatisfactory.

Anyway, I will be happy to see India sticking with Arjun and making 100s of home-made fighter jets.

What I have learned about Arjun is not that it doesn't start or cannot aim its target etc, its about its fundamentals and architecture that it is too heavy to be operated in the area it is primarily built for. Other problems were its inability to operate under high temperatures and because of being over-weight, unreliability of the chain that is prone to breaking. There are 10s of articles and 100s of analysts from India who have described the project as unsatisfactory.

Anyway, I will be happy to see India sticking with Arjun and making 100s of home-made fighter jets.

as far as I know Arjun weighing 58.5 tones, due to its designe, exerts much lower ground pressure than the lighter T-72 tank weighing 41 tones . So I do not see any problem related to its weight during operations. Its power to weight value is 26hP/Ton, equivalent to T-90v96(26.5hP/Ton). I have never come across about breaking of its Chain.
Now with this data, and trials done by Indian Army it can be said that, Arjun MBT is equivalent to the T-90's or may be superior.
But recently Russia has proposed torather develop its T-90's than to design a different modal T-95. Ulitmately, in India also there are developments in Arjun to make it more deadlier. I don't see it's a failed project.

bye bye t 95 goo goo arjun i know u can be one of the best

Guys you dont understand Resarch:hitwall:

you work on a project that may not work as per your requirement.

for me the best option will be, order 350 more Arjun for the project fisibility. we have the know how of the Tank through Arjun (Let all in this fourm call it a Junk) get a deal with Russia for a futuristic Tank weighing not more than 52 Ton.

Induct it in numbers in boath the armies & also export.

Will be a win - win situation for boath:cheers:

Got cancelled???
These Russians can't build anything without Indian financial support nowadays I think...

well well it has come as a blessing in desguise for DRDO & ARJUN,the INDIAN ARMY will now have to wait for its FMBT which iam sure they were seeing in T-95,its weight problm,our tactical bridges supporting it...and all the problems would have evaporated if the russia baeuty would have been selected,newways
now it is either a joint development of FMBT BTW RUSSIANS AND DRDO OR ITS ARJUN COMING IN VARIANTS..lets wait and see

all i can say is what our army gonna do know i love to see arjun in huh=ge numbers long live arjun

Back
Top Bottom