What's new

Running out of ventilators is a real possibility. And Walton comes to rescue.

@Vergennes
@Invicta

For obvious reasons I have been paying close attention to the situation in both UK/Europe and BD.

FYI Walton is a manufacturing company that supplies TVs, fridges and other electronic equipment to BD home market and overseas recently.

It is the best shot that BD has in mass producing cheap reliable ventilators as it manufacturers vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and air purifiers - vital experience in air flow and purification that are required to design ventilators.

It's industrial capacity can easily churn out thousands of ventilators a week.

Luckily it just so happens that a BD'shi expatriate runs Medtronic who are global leaders in ventilator production and they will work with Walton to rapidly build ventilators on what looks like one of their proven designs.

Trained manpower will prove more difficult to find.

That's good news, also helped by the fact that companies that actually have the knowledge and technical base are well placed in making these ventilators.

https://assets.publishing.service.g.../attachment_data/file/876167/RMVS001_v3.1.pdf

The above is the specification by MHRA on ventilators someone shared with me recently on LinkedIn, a brief review and the only thing limiting or preventing me from making one is the lack of understanding on PCB's and control logics. I can design in CAD and have access to a 3D printer to print the main components some items like sensors etc will be bought out.

So if I can make it to 50-60% on my own then two or three companies with one who actually has established ventilators in the markets should have no problems. Good Luck to Bangladesh.

That's good news, also helped by the fact that companies that actually have the knowledge and technical base are well placed in making these ventilators.

https://assets.publishing.service.g.../attachment_data/file/876167/RMVS001_v3.1.pdf

The above is the specification by MHRA on ventilators someone shared with me recently on LinkedIn, a brief review and the only thing limiting or preventing me from making one is the lack of understanding on PCB's and control logics. I can design in CAD and have access to a 3D printer to print the main components some items like sensors etc will be bought out.

So if I can make it to 50-60% on my own then two or three companies with one who actually has established ventilators in the markets should have no problems. Good Luck to Bangladesh.

Yep ventilators are not that hi-tech.

What is difficult is making them in huge numbers quickly and making sure that they are very reliable.

That is where the production capacity and expertise of manufacturers that have prior experience in areas like motors, air flow and filtration comes in very useful.

Companies like Walton very reliably churn out 10s of thousands of appliances like fridges every week and so hopefully should be able to do the same for ventilators very quickly when given access to a proven "simple" design with source codes and support like they have been with Medtronic.

Yep ventilators are not that hi-tech.

What is difficult is making them in huge numbers quickly and making sure that they are very reliable.

That is where the production capacity and expertise of manufacturers that have prior experience in areas like motors, air flow and filtration comes in very useful.

Companies like Walton very reliably churn out 10s of thousands of appliances like fridges every week and so hopefully should be able to do the same for ventilators very quickly when given access to a proven "simple" design with source codes and support like they have been with Medtronic.

Just seen this news come through:
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...vid-19-in-uk-bringing-total-to-2-352-11966771

The more I see the number the more I believe that the numbers in China were fudged to suit the CCP's agenda of covering it up. Yes most dying are OAPs and some young ones with underlying medical problems. The number in China looks very very low. I hope I am wrong but current indicators all but point to the same conclusion.

This could be devastating for China's standing in the world.

Good luck to bangladesh in their endeavor to produce life saving equipment...hope it pays off by saving lives...and i dont understand why other country posters are coming and ridiculing bangladesh industries...just because your country is far ahead compared to them in manufacturing doesnt not give you the right to ridicule them...your manufacturing also started developing brick by brick only.

Literally no one has ever has bragged about a Bangladesh origin CEO on PDF ever - you guys need to up your game :enjoy: or the world will believe all CEO's are of Indian origin :argh:

Realistically though it is highly unlikely current designs can be manufactured quickly. The pressure sensor on ventilators requires a glass wafer plate with microscopic holes which is very difficult to manufacture.

Someone needs to come up with a simpler design...

91044f10-6501-486c-bef4-ca4bd59cd5d3-bullen_corona_ea8.JPG

https://www.packersnews.com/story/n...ilator-makers-coronavirus-victims/2928812001/
Laser CNC possibly using SEMS tech might help improve production. Wonder why the Japanese haven’t pitched in to this already

Good luck to bangladesh in their endeavor to produce life saving equipment...hope it pays off by saving lives...and i dont understand why other country posters are coming and ridiculing bangladesh industries...just because your country is far ahead compared to them in manufacturing doesnt not give you the right to ridicule them...your manufacturing also started developing brick by brick only.

Thank you kind of.

If you mean a couple of Indian trolls, BD beats India handsomely in electronics and home appliances.

BD is better placed than India to reliably mass produce ventilators in short time.

I am sure that India can also do it as ventilators are not exactly hi-tech.

Thank you kind of.

If you mean a couple of Indian trolls, BD beats India handsomely in electronics and home appliances.

BD is better placed than India to reliably mass produce ventilators in short time.

Let it be an individual,a household,a township,a city , or a whole nation...any of these entities...if they learn from other's or have the aptitude to learn from others...they will progress...the one who finds only faults will be left far behind by those who have a positive attitude...learn even from those you dont like...i remember when japanese bikes when they first came to the american market their brakes used to be not all that great...the american manufacturers used to ridicule the brakes of the japanese bikes...the japanese went back to the drawing board and re engineered their brakes...and they came back with a bang to the american market and made a name for themselves and left those companies who used this to defame them far behind....bangladesh is asian tiger..it has huge potential.

Laser CNC possibly using SEMS tech might help improve production. Wonder why the Japanese haven’t pitched in to this already

Well the glass wafer perforation is done using ultrasonic drilling machines, not sure if lasers will work ?
Look at post #16 the Rice university solution is cheap easily (300$) reproducible and effective.

Yes you are coming way late and think you can judge some snapshot here as is, with zero context what these filthy illiterates that have gathered here in this echo-chamber have done before.

They deserve every bit of reality check that comes their way now.

I do not need to say they do not represent their country as some complete whole and same goes for targetting/mocking/ridiculing them (esp using their past fantasy weaving)...that should simply be known by now in internet environments.

Some of them literally saying they exported TVs to Germany for a year or more now....and Germany keeps reporting a big fat zero on it.

You can't make this stuff up. They are just addicted to their 70 mil cap company Walton brochure antics and their own worthless cocoon media with this too. They wont change.

They have nothing in industry (past RMG which was donated to them by the west for being a LDC) and dont want to change the fundamental policy (that upsets their political family nepotism that wins 95% election seats) regarding that. Who's fault is that?

Well the glass wafer perforation is done using ultrasonic drilling machines, not sure if lasers will work ?
Look at post #16 the Rice university solution is cheap easily (300$) reproducible and effective.
Sorry for incorrectly phrasing my sentence. Laser cutting with SEMS technology combined with CNC should really help improve production and efficiency/ reliability of the machines

Drilling micro precision holes in glass can be affected using not only lasers but also,

1. Chemical etching
2. Water-jet drilling

Waterjets can make parts to very tight tolerances and today some machines can create parts with a tolerance of as small as ± 0.001″ (0.025 mm), although ±0.002″ (0.05 mm) is perhaps more realistic in most cases. Achieving these tolerances requires an understanding of the factors that affect precision waterjet machining.

Of course - that said, precision Waterjet machines are not exactly cheap.

Some examples of waterjet cutting.

iu

Yes this is the tip of a ballpoint pen.
iu

Let it be an individual,a household,a township,a city , or a whole nation...any of these entities...if they learn from other's or have the aptitude to learn from others...they will progress...the one who finds only faults will be left far behind by those who have a positive attitude...learn even from those you dont like...i remember when japanese bikes when they first came to the american market their brakes used to be not all that great...the american manufacturers used to ridicule the brakes of the japanese bikes...the japanese went back to the drawing board and re engineered their brakes...and they came back with a bang to the american market and made a name for themselves and left those companies who used this to defame them far behind....bangladesh is asian tiger..it has huge potential.

Maybe you could let us know what affected the success of industrial venture of IFB in the Indian market? Believe they were a licensee of Bosch appliances Germany? The products certainly resembled Bosch washing machines.

Last edited:
This is what the world need now:

yes exactly. Thats the need of the hour. Even a BVM will do.

Already doing it. But i disagree that ventilators are not high-tech machine. This are very sophisticated machine, you will learn if once starts working with them.

Already doing it. But i disagree that ventilators are not high-tech machine. This are very sophisticated machine, you will learn if once starts working with them.

Good to hear that India already has ventilator manufacturers and rest of Indian industry is helping them to scale up.

Actually they do not have to be hi-tech devices. Vast majority of ventilated patients can be treated using a "simple" ventilator.

Fundamentally all you need is a simple control system with a motor and air pusher/purifier.

Luckily BD has a company like Walton that has both experience in motors, air flow/filtration and massive production capacity that can churn out thousands of units a week. It will be using the open-source Medtronic 'simple" ventilator to mass produce these machines for BD by the end of this month. Once they have made some initial units that are reliable then they can be churned out in the thousands every week if required.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom