What's new

Rumors: Pakistan to acquire five C-130J Super Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is, should be in PAF in 2-3 months. Would be hear already had it not been for COVID19. It's hard to have a conversation as all these useless analysts whose contribution is a sum total of zero will just jump up and down and do an Indian hissy fit - and won't let others have a discussion.

I may add that a good number will be the EW variant and my speculation is that numbers will (eventually) be about 54 or three squadrons. Chinese engines have matured and these aircraft can deploy a ton of a2g and a2a weapons that nothing the world has seen so far can.

These will be the new top end of the PAF. Supplanting the F-16s. LRAAMs, hypersonics, what more can an AF want?

Perhaps one of the most powerful AESA fighter radars in the world... will burn through EW and be EW assets themselves. GaN
Ok so now there are SHARKS in the mix now.

Dear while you are targeting or insulting those who are not agreeing with this half a dozen new systems coming to PAF in next two weeks thing, you also want no one to question this. This is a debate and discussion forum, you think all this is being bought, you just added "Sharks" which is basically the name given to J-15 (flying shark) which BTW is a carrier based aircraft. If you can discuss all this then other can discuss and calls everything to be a lie.
I will just encourage both parties to be respectful towards the views of the other party. You may not agree with them but that do not give you authority to insult them.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There is a very famous and wise saying almost everyone must be aware of, DO NOT COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH. That is only thing i will encourage everyone to think about. Now if you think this means that i am saying nothing is coming you are wrong. I am just arguing that if there is something actually coming, there is a good reason why it is not being shared. I understand that this is what a discussion forum is all about and that people wont be able to control the urge to speculate, so fine, do speculate BUT DO NOT ENFORCE IT UPON OTHERS please. Some of you think EFT, Su-35, J16, F16 are all coming, fine. Some of you think they are not, fine!! If something from this list do come it wont make anyone wrong or the other one a champion. These are just personal views of yours, keep them personal, don't want them to be views of others too.

Ok so now there are SHARKS in the mix now.

Dear while you are targeting or insulting those who are not agreeing with this half a dozen new systems coming to PAF in next two weeks thing, you also want no one to question this. This is a debate and discussion forum, you think all this is being bought, you just added "Sharks" which is basically the name given to J-15 (flying shark) which BTW is a carrier based aircraft. If you can discuss all this then other can discuss and calls everything to be a lie.
I will just encourage both parties to be respectful towards the views of the other party. You may not agree with them but that do not give you authority to insult them.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There is a very famous and wise saying almost everyone must be aware of, DO NOT COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH. That is only thing i will encourage everyone to think about. Now if you think this means that i am saying nothing is coming you are wrong. I am just arguing that if there is something actually coming, there is a good reason why it is not being shared. I understand that this is what a discussion forum is all about and that people wont be able to control the urge to speculate, so fine, do speculate BUT DO NOT ENFORCE IT UPON OTHERS please. Some of you think EFT, Su-35, J16, F16 are all coming, fine. Some of you think they are not, fine!! If something from this list do come it wont make anyone wrong or the other one a champion. These are just personal views of yours, keep them personal, don't want them to be views of others too.

I agree. If you look at the thread, the other party here is the one that has been aggressive for quite a few pages. A response was only fair. We aren't enforcing speculation on others but simply asking to be allowed to speculate without threads being derailed, and insulting comments made.

Let us speculate. You don't have to agree. Even I am not 70% sure about these speculations. But let us not be censored from having a discussion about it.

To be a fair judge, you have to see who is starting this first. An analogy helps - do you blame India for Kashmir atrocities or the Kashmiri people. Obviously India because they are the instigators. What if some fellow comes up and says "both sides need to stop attacking each other". That wouldn't make sense because the just ruling is to see which party is the instigator. Without that nuance, you end up becoming a kangaroo court.

If you walk to to the party responding to pages of attacks, and blame them - you're playing partisan politics on the side of the other party. Even if you are pretending to be a fair judge.

G. AH-1Z, F16V, SU35, C130J, all coming according to Khafee...

No, he said the Su-35s are not coming and instead the J-15s were chosen. So, he is saying:
F-16, C-130, AH-1, J-15. Even if half these show up, won't we be happy?
Most of us, including me, don't have any inside information. @Khafee does @Ark_Angel does. @airomerix does. There are a very few posters of the many multitudes that have such info.

If you can't respect them and insult them, they will go away. Whose loss will it be then?

I saw posters attacking @airomerix. That is not right, if we don't respect our professionals and people with insider info, the loss will be PDFs. These guys are not getting paid to post this stuff.

Its relatively easy to say "I don't believe anything and nothing is coming unless they land in Pakistan". Anyone can say that.

The far harder task is to read between the lines of posters who have real info and real input. Their theories may or may not come true. The world of defense procurement is a very different world from going shopping for groceries.

The only insider info I have is in the Bangladeshi procurement process. I can tell you I haven't given anything away. If I did, I could be in serious trouble for it. Not that we usually purchase interesting things.
What I do know is that deals can fail in the last minute. This doesn't mean that the information is wrong and you have a free pass to insult and attack the very precious professionals who do have it.

I agree. If you look at the thread, the other party here is the one that has been aggressive for quite a few pages. A response was only fair. We aren't enforcing speculation on others but simply asking to be allowed to speculate without threads being derailed, and insulting comments made.

Let us speculate. You don't have to agree. Even I am not 70% sure about these speculations. But let us not be censored from having a discussion about it.

To be a fair judge, you have to see who is starting this first. An analogy helps - do you blame India for Kashmir atrocities or the Kashmiri people. Obviously India because they are the instigators. What if some fellow comes up and says "both sides need to stop attacking each other". That wouldn't make sense because the just ruling is to see which party is the instigator. Without that nuance, you end up becoming a kangaroo court.

If you walk to to the party responding to pages of attacks, and blame them - you're playing partisan politics on the side of the other party. Even if you are pretending to be a fair judge.

No, he said the Su-35s are not coming and instead the J-15s were chosen. So, he is saying:
F-16, C-130, AH-1, J-15. Even if half these show up, won't we be happy?
Most of us, including me, don't have any inside information. @Khafee does @Ark_Angel does. @airomerix does. There are a very few posters of the many multitudes that have such info.

If you can't respect them and insult them, they will go away. Whose loss will it be then?

I saw posters attacking @airomerix. That is not right, if we don't respect our professionals and people with insider info, the loss will be PDFs. These guys are not getting paid to post this stuff.

Its relatively easy to say "I don't believe anything and nothing is coming unless they land in Pakistan". Anyone can say that.

The far harder task is to read between the lines of posters who have real info and real input. Their theories may or may not come true. The world of defense procurement is a very different world from going shopping for groceries.

The only insider info I have is in the Bangladeshi procurement process. I can tell you I haven't given anything away. If I did, I could be in serious trouble for it. Not that we usually purchase interesting things.
What I do know is that deals can fail in the last minute. This doesn't mean that the information is wrong and you have a free pass to insult and attack the very precious professionals who do have it.

Thank you for your kind words.

What you're saying is indeed true.

I did get some more information but I will be not be disclosing anything until internet floods with it.

I opened this thread for speculation and discussion on what happens AFTER these 5 airframes arrive. But the focus of the members was misplaced I guess.

Thank you for your kind words.

What you're saying is indeed true.

I did get some more information but I will be not be disclosing anything until internet floods with it.

I opened this thread for speculation and discussion on what happens AFTER these 5 airframes arrive. But the focus of the members was misplaced I guess.
Is it true also that New Jets (J10s or J15s) are going to be based in Bholari

The next smart arse to troll on this thread or other threads like this will get thread banned.

Multiple members and moderators have pointed out that if you do not agree with the discussion on this thread, then ignore it and don't read it, don't respond to it and therefore spare yourself and everyone else the anguish.

If you disagree with the claims made here, RESPECTFULLY argue your position, but given that the thread title itself has 'rumors' in it, it should be obvious that the information provided is not confirmed.

I really don't get why this is so hard to understand.

If the PAF ever acquires a Flanker clone from China, and that's a very big IF, they're better off with the J-16 rather than the carrier based J-15, as the J-16 is clearly a land based aircraft which isn't hampered by the compromises of the carrier based J-15. But the J-15 has the same IP issues as any of the other unlicensed Flanker derivatives made by China, they're all originally designed by Sukhoi. I don't see why the J-15 would be free from these issues.

If the PAF ever acquires a Flanker clone from China, and that's a very big IF, they're better off with the J-16 rather than the carrier based J-15, as the J-16 is clearly a land based aircraft which isn't hampered by the compromises of the carrier based J-15. But the J-15 has the same IP issues as any of the other unlicensed Flanker derivatives made by China, they're all originally designed by Sukhoi. I don't see why the J-15 would be free from these issues.

Its not. Thats where the J-15 rumours come to a standstill but hey, we are trolls :p

Its not. Thats where the J-15 rumours come to a standstill but hey, we are trolls :p
Stick to the topic please. This isn’t a thread on the J-15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom