What's new

Rumors: Pakistan to acquire five C-130J Super Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be new Blk70's and EDA's IA. This is confirmed.

Over the last one year a lot of back and forth, on the actual numbers. My head spins when I recall all those conversations.

IA this will insure that all three PAF Air Commands are covered.

Although a serious headache, but still possible.

Nonetheless not required, for now. AS only the new Blk70's and EDA's would have them.

PAF Vipers that would be upgraded to Blk-70 specs, would be in reality Blk-72's.

On the C-130J's He opened a thread on his forum on the 24th of April.

Sir, if you don't mind me asking, are you an airforce professional, or army professional? No need to reply if information needs to be protected. Thanks in advance.

Over the last one year a lot of back and forth, on the actual numbers. My head spins when I recall all those conversations.

Nonetheless not required, for now. AS only the new Blk70's and EDA's would have them.

PAF Vipers that would be upgraded to Blk-70 specs, would be in reality Blk-72's.

Can you clarify the status of AH1Z?
A claim suggests that Pakistan can extend the order of AH1Z if T129 are blocked.

Its okay. Full litany of what is coming (that can be revealed and a lot more is going on than this that is better left unsaid):

1. Z-10 special Pak version
2. J-15 special Pak version
3. Non Chinese helicopters
4. VT-4 Tank
5. wheeled SPH
6. AH-1Z
7. F-16s (this is tricky, can be stopped in the last minute so don't ban me if this doesn't happen like @Khafee)
.... more...
The biggest news are not tangible products but parts and cooperation. And I think a lot more is brewing in India... they may get a deal of the century from the Americans and assorted monkeys.

If we ever do a long term commit in getting any helicopter than it should serve as the basis for our domestic industry..
Well that's what i think, the minds of Islamabad and Rawalpindi work differently

#KhafeeLeaks1
#KhafeeLeaks2

@Blacklight has been rather solid with his intel/sources and now @airomerix double confirming ... cherry on top!

@Khafee you be good wherever you are! You have always been PakPositive!!!

Apart from the good news for PAF and PA (Zulus) ... what is far more interesting is that the US as State (DeepState/DeeperState) doesn't wish to loose Pakistan altogether to the 'other side' and wishes to keep foot in the door.

We need to understand that these are not just weapons platform but PolicyInstruements ... providing leverage and anchor.

Looking at the scale of things coming our way... it means Pentagon has decided to remain engaged with a TrustedPartner since 1950s than a fickle friend who couldn't do more than lipservice and building a liberary!!!

Of course, lobbying plays are role.. given that the American elections depend on funding from the lobbies... but when the US State's Interests are concerned no lobbying matters.

What is more important for us is that how to convert the successful PakMilitaryDiplomacy into deeper economic and geopolitical benefits... if we remain statisfied to just being happy with acquiring paltforms.. then we are going to remain stuck in the mud forever.

Regardless, very encouraging news this!

Khafee needs to return to PDF!

Mangus

Khafee- We should open a line with him, and try and bring him back.

On the US -We should get preferential access to the US market, and use that to bolster our economy.

Can you clarify the status of AH1Z?
A claim suggests that Pakistan can extend the order of AH1Z if T129 are blocked.
Brother I dont think T129 will come. I already posted a link in reply to your answer, on how even the Philippines potential T129 sale was blocked by the US.

With the Ah-1Z yes the possibility of more does exist.

So EDA F-16s are likely to be the ones stored at AMARC and will be upgraded to the V standard?

Sir can you tell me his forum name thanks

very intriguing question, but I would have to say the answer is PROBABLY negative.As can be read, the negotiations have been on going and for certain items still going . The Indo China developments are recent so probably unrelated. Whether anything might be tried as an after thought, cannot be guaranteed but it seems unlikely.
A

Khafee has been talking about Su-35s as well with same Exclusiveness. What happened to that news?

upload_2020-6-9_23-53-10.png

What if we don’t upgrade them? What if we acquire them in addition to the zulus is what I meant
Not worth the headache....
The old systems and subsystems aren't always produced there so eventually you'll have to upgrade them.
Moreover, we don't and shouldn't choose 1 platform from a country and be entirely dependant on them. US/European support and spares too are expensive..

These "khafee leaks" are absurd and unrealistic. Stop believing this BS.
I concur, from f-16s, to Su's, then to J's... never ends with him; there is no basis for such claims frankly childish and unrealistic.

If f-16s come, we will see but unlikely; TiT is on his way out unless miracle happens; Biden may not follow suit either. Too much uncertainty in entire world right now. Getting the economy to start moving on is primary on everyones mind.

Wow!! Now thats some news. Especially about the AH-1Z as i personally have considered them kaput! Seemed unlikely!! If this is true about AH-1Z then that is a good news, especially considering that we are likely to get these with MMW radar. Plus this thing about C-130J make the whole thing even sweeter. I hope this turns out to be true and becomes a reality soon.

About? I don't remember him talking about C-130J but i do remember him confirming a deal confirmed for 36 F-16 Blk 70, Blk 52 up gradation and i think 18 older F-16!! This was all claimed with absolute certainty and there were members on the forum who guaranteed it just one can guarantee there is a day after night. The whole thing was really blown out of proportion.
In my experience, there is never certainties in international dealings, specially not in military procurement related dealings, specially in case of USA and Pakistan but...... anyway.

Right now, lets forget those F-16s, they might be in transit right now. :P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Sir please do confirm and inform the members about difference between"a consideration" and "sure they are coming, look one just took off!!" :P :D

26 units? That is a big number!! Do we need this many to cover our air space? Yes i know we will like to have a few back up options or spares but how many? 5 times what is required?

That is not just about Pakistan but Turkey too. Turkey was denied license to export to Philippines as well.

Will it be possible for PAF to change the engines to GE ones on the existing F-16s? Esp Blk 52?

If that technically possible @airomerix @Blacklight
To be fair Khafee did break the news of 9 C130Js coming with contract signed on his forum. However he said 2 were likely to arrive in 2-3 months . He has also steadfastly maintained Zulus are coming as well as the likely !6 would be 70 rather than 72. It does seem his info was right but the timing may have been off ie he spoke a bit too soon. However credit must be given to him as well as @Tps43. These are good news. Let us wait to see it materialize.
A
A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom