What's new

"RUDRA":Army to soon get indigenous weaponised chopper

The best part is ............. LCH , Dhruva , and Rudra have common parts, so no logistical issues.

I am trying to know what Air to Air missile it will use...???...

whats the air to air missile used?

Weapons:
--20mm Nexter Systems-built M-621 gun firing at a rate of 800 rounds per minute.
--Stub-wing-mounted Forges de Zeebrugge-built LAU-FZ-231 launchers carrying 2.75-inch rockets.
--DRDO-developed Nag anti-armour guided-missiles, which will have a maximum engagement range of 6km and will use a nose-mounted millimeter-wave radar for target acquisition-cum-homing.

Then why are we buying apache or mi 28 ?

IAF is procuring Apache or Mi 28 to replace Mi 35s, so this has nothing to do with them, because this is refering to IAs air wing.

Like Marcos98 showed, MBDA Mistral, but A2A won't have much importance for this helicopter, because the main aim is transport troops and give fire support to them, be it with the gun, rockets, or ATGMs.

LCH_COMPARISON-page-001.jpg

according to Hindu mythology Rudra means "Hunting God" or according to Sanskrit it means "The Archer"

Weapons:
--20mm Nexter Systems-built M-621 gun firing at a rate of 800 rounds per minute.
--Stub-wing-mounted Forges de Zeebrugge-built LAU-FZ-231 launchers carrying 2.75-inch rockets.

--DRDO-developed Nag anti-armour guided-missiles, which will have a maximum engagement range of 6km and will use a nose-mounted millimeter-wave radar for target acquisition-cum-homing.

But thats quite far now.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

IAF is procuring Apache or Mi 28 to replace Mi 35s, so this has nothing to do with them, because this is refering to IAs air wing.

Like Marcos98 showed, MBDA Mistral, but A2A won't have much importance for this helicopter, because the main aim is transport troops and give fire support to them, be it with the gun, rockets, or ATGMs.

Yes, I agree with you. The real fire support will come from LCH and heavy copters.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom