What's new

Rs500bn lost so far due to PTI’s protest: PML-N

Well the whole of Isb wasnt closed some businesses were still opened...I actually went shopping there yesterday :ashamed: and my aunt went the day before :P
Mubarak ho...

Actually most people don't understand how it works. It's not that every shop is forced to shut and there is a curfew in place in this whole area.

Basically if you combine the total number of people from both "jalsas" and claim it's about 100,000 people who arrived from different parts of Pakistan. It's the net loss of less cash-flow in the country. For example 100,000 people might be working somewhere either as a labour job earning 300 rupees a day or a doctor earning 20,000 rupees a day. If they wasted 1 day of their life's earning by not working, total the amount which could have been earned. Then imagine 20,000 bottles of coca-cola were to be sold in different parts of Pakistan if there was no long march but it did not sell and the business of the small shops may have been affected by this. The business did not make money right? Now it also means that the businesses did not order more batch of coca-cola from the coca-cola company so they did not produce 20,000 bottles of coca-cola which they may have produced if there was no long march. It also means that the workers in coca-cola factory may not have worked for a day?

It also means the sugar which was to be eaten or the flour or anything you can name wasn't sold and if the ordinary shopkeeper was to do daily sales of 30,000 rupees, it may have only sold goods for 20,000 so each shopkeeper made a loss of 10,000 rupees of sales etc. When you keep combining these facts.. the total volume will easily raise in billions and trillions of rupees if the long march continues for another couple of days

This baniya thinking of current PMLN government where everything is viewed in terms of billions should be over,.

Are you IK with a different screen name "Psycho Pakistani" on here????? I would love to chose the word that I want to, but I'll try to be polite. When it comes to a nation, all of its welfare, projects, work, salaries, medical and all...are done through $$$$. Economy is everything and if you don't have one....you go back to cavemen lifestyle. Its the growth and associated $$$$ that bring up a nation's life style, better housing, better medical better travel, better services, better security and all.
Money and your religious values don't have to intersect but money is what makes the world go round actually. Without a proper profitable economy, you can't even provide basic medical services to your poor sick people. Let alone other things like building roads, airports, schools, universities, businesses, etc!

It also means the sugar which was to be eaten or the flour or anything you can name wasn't sold and if the ordinary shopkeeper was to do daily sales of 30,000 rupees, it may have only sold goods for 20,000 so each shopkeeper made a loss of 10,000 rupees of sales etc. When you keep combining these facts.. the total volume will easily raise in billions and trillions of rupees if the long march continues for another couple of days

This is just one side of it. Add 30-40K security personal from Rangers, Army, etc. Their food, mobilization cost, security apparatus, highways suffered due to heavy traffic that interrupted goods and services going from one end to the other end of the country, lost productivity as you explained, investor's confidence lost and market deterioration, foreign projects that have been shut down due to foreigners not wanting to stay in Pakistan due to bad security and internal situation. Future loans and guarantees getting to a halt, etc, etc.

The loss of 500 billion rupees is marginal and its limited to Islamabad and surroundings (Direct Net Loss), if you account for the Entire Economical Cycle, the Net Loss at the GDP level (that can't be calculated this easily, only estimated due to the size of a given economy) is about 2.5 TRILLION right now. And the meter is running till everyone goes home.

The cost of forcefully administer IK and Mullah Greedy into Psychiatric care for rehab would've been less than 100K. Less than .001% of the actual loss. And I am not loosely calling IK or Mullah Greedy crazy, this is the time when many Bi-Polar patients go through their high's and lows, Mania and Grandiosity are the MAIN signs. A few weeks before the change in the sun's schedule (before or after September for majority of the world) is when the manic episode hits people.
Also, when days start to become longer, (around Mid March), these guys become the MOST normal you can see a human being.
If you know any loved one who has these crazy high and lows, or they say one thing and then entirely change their stance on stuff a LOT, or they threaten others or can't control what comes out of their mouth, you should tell them to google bi polar disorder or border line personality disorder. You may be saving lives and helping others through awareness.
Not everyone gets it very severe but people with these issues do have dysfunctional family lives, divorces, drinking, trust issues, pathological lying, and fake split personalities. But generally, they can sound super smart and have crazy attractive personalities (all that glitters ain't Gold )

Last edited:
This is just one side of it. Add 30-40K security personal from Rangers, Army, etc. Their food, mobilization cost, security apparatus, highways suffered due to heavy traffic that interrupted goods and services going from one end to the other end of the country, lost productivity as you explained, investor's confidence lost and market deterioration, foreign projects that have been shut down due to foreigners not wanting to stay in Pakistan due to bad security and internal situation. Future loans and guarantees getting to a halt, etc, etc.

The loss of 500 billion rupees is marginal and its limited to Islamabad and surroundings (Direct Net Loss), if you account for the Entire Economical Cycle, the Net Loss at the GDP level (that can't be calculated this easily, only estimated due to the size of a given economy) is about 2.5 TRILLION right now. And the meter is running till everyone goes home.

The cost of forcefully administer IK and Mullah Greedy into Psychiatric care for rehab would've been less than 100K. Less than .001% of the actual loss. And I am not loosely calling IK or Mullah Greedy crazy, this is the time when many Bi-Polar patients go through their high's and lows, Mania and Grandiosity are the MAIN signs. A few weeks before the change in the sun's schedule (before or after September for majority of the world) is when the manic episode hits people.
Also, when days start to become longer, (around Mid March), these guys become the MOST normal you can see anyone. If you know any loved one who has these crazy high and lows, or they say one thing and then entirely change their stance of stuff a LOT, or hreaten others or can't control what comes out of their mouth, you should tell them to google bi polar disorder or border line personality disorder. You may be saving lives and helping others through awareness. Not everyone gets is very severe but people with these issues do have dysfunctional family lives, divorces, drinking, trust issues, etc.
You are right, there are number of things in my mind but I did not mention to refrain prolonging the post. You wrote even more so definitely totally agree with your post.

Then imagine 20,000 bottles of coca-cola were to be sold in different parts of Pakistan if there was no long march but it did not sell and the business of the small shops may have been affected by this. The business did not make money right? Now it also means that the businesses did not order more batch of coca-cola from the coca-cola company so they did not produce 20,000 bottles of coca-cola which they may have produced if there was no long march. It also means that the workers in coca-cola factory may not have worked for a day?
Very nicely said...But I think people went blind towards Isb where the "protesters" also probably had 20k bottles :P

Not to forget since the speeches happened only in the evening many actually went to do "sayr" ...and not to forget the Backers of this protests ...some rich people who got Serina hotel booked well :D

Add all that...I dont think Pakistan suffered THAT much loss ...news agencies who were telling us that ISB is once again closed coz of yesterday's march...well hello...I still made it to the airport (out of Isb) and my aunt's maid still managed to get into Isb soooo I laugh at MOST of the news its just to make public panic and get angry!

Very nicely said...But I think people went blind towards Isb where the "protesters" also probably had 20k bottles :P

Not to forget since the speeches happened only in the evening many actually went to do "sayr" ...and not to forget the Backers of this protests ...some rich people who got Serina hotel booked well :D

Add all that...I dont think Pakistan suffered THAT much loss ...news agencies who were telling us that ISB is once again closed coz of yesterday's march...well hello...I still made it to the airport (out of Isb) and my aunt's maid still managed to get into Isb soooo I laugh at MOST of the news its just to make public panic and get angry!
well some of the amount may have been compensated/recovered by high sales around the venue of long march but it can never be as much. It would literally be less than half percent of total losses. @orangzaib explained it nicely... you can read his post for more info

...well hello...I still made it to the airport (out of Isb) and my aunt's maid still managed to get into Isb soooo I laugh at MOST of the news its just to make public panic and get angry!

There is A LOT more to the economy's destruction and loss due to this drama then making it to the airport. Read up my post above, gives you a little more detail into variables making up the loss across country

Last time it was Rs 7 billion now 500? Doubt full claim. Anyway if IK gets his way then loss to Pak economic will be gigantic.
stock market crashing. it's always a big one. when people withdraw, they're less reluctant to come back after heavy losses

This is just one side of it. Add 30-40K security personal from Rangers, Army, etc. Their food, mobilization cost, security apparatus, highways suffered due to heavy traffic that interrupted goods and services going from one end to the other end of the country, lost productivi
Well NS should have thought of all this...What kind of a puppet PM have we got? Due to his stubbornness to reopen only 4 stations....

Yes and not to forget how CNG stations and public transports were affected coz SOMEONE in the Parliament peed in his pants and ordered closure of all this all coz of his stubbornness but lets ignore that coz we have IK and bastard Qadri to blame :tsk:
People's business was also effected by this cowardly attitude but let us ignore all that and focus on the sheep we caught to throw the blame?

Also, when days start to become longer, (around Mid March), these guys become the MOST normal you can see a human being.
If you know any loved one who has these crazy high and lows, or they say one thing and then entirely change their stance on stuff a LOT, or they threaten others or can't control what comes out of their mouth, you should tell them to google bi polar disorder or border line personality disorder. You may be saving lives and helping others through awareness.
Not everyone gets it very severe but people with these issues do have dysfunctional family lives, divorces, drinking, trust issues, pathological lying, and fake split personalities. But generally, they can sound super smart and have crazy attractive personalities (all that glitters ain't Gold )
You are disgusting if you are trying to cash in on "sick" patients! What do you know about Psychiatric care? Where is this fake concern when bombs are blasted everywhere for YEARS in Pakistan...Dont people suffer than? What about when someone is going through extortion and target killing in Karachi? What about when drones kill someone's family members? What about when the country takes a plunge coz some CRIMINAL people want to put extra cash in their already bloated belly? Where is your Psychiatric analysis then?

Disgusting how you tried to prove that into this scenario....without prove!

There is A LOT more to the economy's destruction and loss due to this drama then making it to the airport. Read up my post above, gives you a little more detail into variables making up the loss across country
I was giving a real life situation vs what the tv channels report and people freak out / or bash based on....

LAHORE: The PML-N has criticised the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf’s protest that it said is causing losses of billions of rupees to the economy daily.

It has also chided the PTI leadership for trying to take hostage the whole nation with the support of a few hundred people.

Talking to reporters here on Monday, PML-N Media Coordinator Muhammad Mehdi said PTI’s protest had so far caused a loss of around Rs500 billion to the national economy. He claimed by amassing just a few hundred people the PTI leader tried to take the whole nation hostage.

Alleging that both the PTI and PAT were quoting false figures about the number of their supporters in Islamabad, he said a single person covers 2.5 feet while standing in a highly dense crowd. By this standard, he said, for accommodating one million people, as being claimed by both parties, a 7.62km stretch of 100-foot wide road would be required.

But, there were no PTI supporters on Kashmir Road and PAT’s activists on Suhrawardi Road beyond 400 yards, adding the protesters were sitting on the road and that too at a distance from each other, he claimed.

Similarly, Mehdi said at least 20,000 buses with a seating capacity of 50 each were required to transport a million people and if the buses form a trail they would cover a 193km stretch of road. But, not even a couple of hundred buses were accompanying the two marches.

RS 500 bn? LOL. How many trillion RS are lost during current Noora league in bad loans from the IMF?

LAHORE: The PML-N has criticised the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf’s protest that it said is causing losses of billions of rupees to the economy daily.

It has also chided the PTI leadership for trying to take hostage the whole nation with the support of a few hundred people.

Talking to reporters here on Monday, PML-N Media Coordinator Muhammad Mehdi said PTI’s protest had so far caused a loss of around Rs500 billion to the national economy. He claimed by amassing just a few hundred people the PTI leader tried to take the whole nation hostage.

Alleging that both the PTI and PAT were quoting false figures about the number of their supporters in Islamabad, he said a single person covers 2.5 feet while standing in a highly dense crowd. By this standard, he said, for accommodating one million people, as being claimed by both parties, a 7.62km stretch of 100-foot wide road would be required.

But, there were no PTI supporters on Kashmir Road and PAT’s activists on Suhrawardi Road beyond 400 yards, adding the protesters were sitting on the road and that too at a distance from each other, he claimed.

Similarly, Mehdi said at least 20,000 buses with a seating capacity of 50 each were required to transport a million people and if the buses form a trail they would cover a 193km stretch of road. But, not even a couple of hundred buses were accompanying the two marches.

Rs500bn lost so far due to PTI’s protest: PML-N - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

It is not how mNy people it is how the govt is run, corruption and not ism is abound, not following rules and laws of Pakistan by not declaring foreign holdings, by not paying taxes honestly and by not following constitution of Pakistan as it allows lies cheaters to get away with all, shareefs said at the onset of election to being all those culprits to courts for their corruptions. Whatever happened to all those promises. They broke their promises as of it were just a joke.

Well NS should have thought of all this...What kind of a puppet PM have we got? Due to his stubbornness to reopen only 4 stations....
Yes and not to forget how CNG stations and public transports were affected coz SOMEONE in the Parliament peed in his pants and ordered closure of all this all coz of his stubbornness but lets ignore that coz we have IK and bastard Qadri to blame :tsk:
People's business was also effected by this cowardly attitude but let us ignore all that and focus on the sheep we caught to throw the blame?
You are disgusting if you are trying to cash in on "sick" patients! What do you know about Psychiatric care?
Disgusting how you tried to prove that into this scenario....without prove!

1) Why did NS have to worry about it? Instead of jamming the city, how about if IK protested inside the parliament? Instead of damaging the country's economy and if NO ONE was listening to "POOR" IK....he could've done a sit-in with his members of assembly outside of the Parliament? THAT would've carried a LOT more weight in his favor. He'd make the SAME point, get politicians support and he won't be destroying his political career like he did here. Protest is his right. Coupe is not, putting Civilians lives at risk is not, damaging his poor country's economy is not...all of the things he actually did....are TREASON and TERRORISM.

2) No one "peed" in their pants. Look at you, you still don't get it??? This is embarrassing defeat for IK and Mullah both. Its shameful that as of yesterday the SAME government they wanted GONE, they are negotiating with it as if they don't .....they might get their rear booted up by the same military they were hoping to provide "angels" to cover for their crimes against the humanity (the entire nation)

3) You want proof, go google "Bi Polar Disorder Symptoms" and then "Border Line Personality Disorder Symptoms" and read for yourself on a few sites. Not just one. Ask these two to go through a Psychiatric evaluation and publish the results. You'll get your proof. And I KNOW Psychiatric care all right, I deal with it EVERY day and multiple patients!

1) Why did NS have to worry about it? Instead of jamming the city, how about if IK protested inside the parliament? Instead of damaging the country's economy and if NO ONE was listening to "POOR" IK....he could've done a sit-in with his members of assembly outside of the Parliament? THAT would've carried a LOT more weight in his favor. He'd make the SAME point, get politicians support and he won't be destroying his political career like he did here. Protest is his right. Coupe is not, putting Civilians lives at risk is not, damaging his poor country's economy is not...all of the things he actually did....are TREASON and TERRORISM.
When he went around begging people to open 4 stations...that was not involving the public...but even then he was given DEAF EARS....Plus democracy is not built by parlimentarian members alone...Plus I am happy people know they have power...Some power should be shifted to the people (SOME NOT ALL ...I know how some stupid people will do anything for money )

1) coupe hasnt taken place nor it is...esp when IK proposed talks twice....Also esp when people were killed by government for protesting

2) Civilians lives shouldnt have been lost in model town...what coupe was taking place there?

3) Country's economy was running on projects made by NS benefiting NS...Metro bus while normal roads look like shit? Blocking hospitals (talk about pathetic planning), laptops when electricity is already at its all time low and not getting much better (though surprisingly thanks to this march ISB didnt have even a min of loadshedding :p: )

2) No one "peed" in their pants. Look at you, you still don't get it??? This is embarrassing defeat for IK and Mullah both. Its shameful that as of yesterday the SAME government they wanted GONE, they are negotiating with it as if they don't .....they might get their rear booted up by the same military they were hoping to provide "angels" to cover for their crimes against the humanity (the entire nation)
OMG...seriously is that your mentality? IK did talks is bad...Had IK not accepted it than his people would have called him bad and power greedy!

He accepted talks over risking people's life is bad? In which language?

He accepting talks over continuing the points raised by you in the previous para:

Coupe is not, putting Civilians lives at risk is not, damaging his poor country's economy is not...all of the things he actually did....are TREASON and TERRORISM.

is wrong? In what language?

Isnt that what the everyday man wanted? NEGOTIATION?

Because people refuse to negotiate does something go south!

3) You want proof, go google "Bi Polar Disorder Symptoms" and then "Border Line Personality Disorder Symptoms" and read for yourself on a few sites. Not just one. Ask these two to go through a Psychiatric evaluation and publish the results. You'll get your proof. And I KNOW Psychiatric care all right, I deal with it EVERY day and multiple patients!

Dude....If you want to bring the attention of psychiatry than also address it at different cases:
mentality of wadera system (where men are brainwashed to think they own women and treat them like slaves or worse)
Metnality of suicide bombers and also the affect they leave on the citizens who lost his family
Mentality IDPs who were shunned by their own people yet helped by those whom the country calls terrorist or evils (JuI and others like it)
Mentality of our political leaders who refuse to give office to the common men but have all their family and friends in office
Mentality of our political leaders and their whereabouts when they had their dancing going on in Sindh while people died in Thar desert?
Mentality of drunk CM of different provinces who have not done a drop of good for their people (everything has happened only for Punjab....And surprise I am a Punjabi myself)
Mentality of the same PM who has time and money to comment and gift sari to Modi's mom but has no time for mothers loosing their children to drones or those to target killers or those to sectarian violence or those mothers who have to hold their tears for the Shaheed of the nations...No sari or sweet comments for them?

Man there is alot to dig out and shove up one's nose about wrongs going on in this land! Wrong done by every damn politician...So instead of comparing weight try and compare policies or doings for the people....Rather than covering up doings for one's selfish self!

What was the point of locking down Islamabad the way it was locked down only to allow the protests to the taken all the way to the Parliament?

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has yet again made some unnecessary and regrettable decisions in haste, costing billions to the exchequer. I have serious doubts whether Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif can work under pressure. Trying to intimidate the protesters was also uncalled for.

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom