What's new

Roshan Digital vs local account

blueagle

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to know if you had the option of opening up a Roshan digital account vs a local bank account in a Pakistani bank which one would you opt for and why? I'm planning to visit Pakistan in March so I've the option of opening the local account? I currently have an account with MCB but local branch was re-located so its not feasible anymore. I'm thinking of Bank Al-Falah for either account unless someone can convince me to choose a different bank otherwise?
My requirements are decent internet banking, regular/monthly deposits, money easily avaialble whenever I visit Pakistan. Be able to save for future property purchase/house build in Pakistan.
I'm leaning more towards local account with a current account and a savings account with Bank Al-Falah?

I'd like to know if you had the option of opening up a Roshan digital account vs a local bank account in a Pakistani bank which one would you opt for and why? I'm planning to visit Pakistan in March so I've the option of opening the local account? I currently have an account with MCB but local branch was re-located so its not feasible anymore. I'm thinking of Bank Al-Falah for either account unless someone can convince me to choose a different bank otherwise?
My requirements are decent internet banking, regular/monthly deposits, money easily avaialble whenever I visit Pakistan. Be able to save for future property purchase/house build in Pakistan.
I'm leaning more towards local account with a current account and a savings account with Bank Al-Falah?

Since I don't recommend banks that offer Riba/Interest. So if you are looking for any Islamic bank then I'd recommend Meezan Bank or Dubai Islamic Bank. Meezan Bank offers decent internet banking facilities and their Non-Riba Interest rates are actually good.

Long ago I once tried NBP and it was a terrible experience. In fact, had to incur a loss on the principal amount. Moreover, one must consider the volatile PKR against USD. You may also open your account to save yourself from this fluctuation but rates aren't good. Only PKR accounts offer decent returns.

This actually is very pathetic statement to make.
What if you don't believe in your own country why would others do while you give daily lectures of patriotism day and night.
Please believe in your country.
my close friend lost 280000 in tempered ATM machine fraud last year .it was allied bank ATM at bank branch .usko kya jawab dena hai phir ? if i say him trust your country in banks he will say f@uck .pakistani banks are pathetic .

Open a Roshan Digital bank account. Go for meezan bank (their internet banking is good). One reason is you will be depositing the funds from oversea. In the event you will to transfer the money back to Pakistan, Roshan Digital account will be much easier. You get the same functionality as a local bank account. Pay bills in Pakistan, transfer money in Pakistan, even withdraw using ATM card. The only thing you can't do with your Roshan digital account is local transfer money into the account (You can transfer to other local account, but they can't transfer to your RDA).

Another thing you will have access to with Roshan Digital account is the ability to buy Islamic Naya Pakistan certificate. Also an account will be easily opened for you to invest in the PSX.

Thank you for your invaluable suggestions.
I'll go ahead with RDA account and when I'm in Pakistan then I'll open up a local account as well so I can move the money from MCB account to this new local account. I've done a bit of search and I don't think we've a local branch of Meezan bank. My choice is Bank Al-Falah purely because we've a local branch and I remit to my dad in this bank and he's been getting excellent service. I've also heard good things about their online banking. But obviously most of you folks are in Pakistan and deal with these banks on regular basis so you've a lot more exposure and knowledge than I do. So if there's a good reason to stay away from this bank please let me know.

I have one in Meezan (RDA) I think they are pretty decent until now . But one of my friends suggests UBL has best service.

UBL is a good option for me with local branch in my home town in Pakistan. Their website and iOS app looks decent too. Thank you!

Roshan Digital is specifically for Pakistanis living abroad , for easy transfer of funds to Pakistan
Also you can invest safely with 7-8% profit

You can choose different currencies for your account

Last edited:
Quick update on this.
Attempted to open up the RDA account on UBL website. It all seems straightforward but came across a major blocker. For Birth place both country and city are required, when I choose country where I was born, the city pre-populated field is empty which means I can't process my application any further. Seems like their DB admin and web designers were not talking to each other! Sent them an email and I'm waiting.
Attempting to open up the account last night with Al-Falah just to start the initial application process and to be nice surprise their customer service called me this morning to find out why I didn't complete the application, if I had come across any blocker. To say that I'm impressed would be an understatement!!!

UBL or HBL.

Back
Top Bottom