What's new

Roots of Islamic Terrorism: European Parliament report

enemy of my enemy is my friend.
West outwits the towel heads and rag heads every time. if current terrorism is to be blamed 99% on Muslims then dont absolve those who sell high velocity sniper rifles to kill fellow muslims.

I dont make a judgement on the bases of my liking and disliking of one side or another , I half knew that you will attack the source of the allegation. I had other "reliable" links but they are returning 404 error now. covert ops or blackops are part and parcel of British and US governments. their special forces work in close partnership with their intelligence agencies and trust me when they work in partnership then they are not holding a meeting on global warming or cultural diversity. their actions involve high value assassinations, funding and planning chaos. all this so called tehrir square and Arab "awakening" was just spontaneous? and indigenous? while it got the praise and hail in the countries where the leaders were deemed useless by the west but when the people in Bahrain tried to copy the movement then even a lip service of "concern" was not offered.

TTP, BLA, LeJ , Al Qaeda, FSA and their regional cousins one way or another are also in partnership with the West. why do you think TTP has accurate intelligence of our troops movement? one time its a fluke second time lucky, third time chance but not every single time come on. and the type of weapons and tactical gear being used is only used by NATO forces that is not available in the black market.

so my dear I wont give West all clear. lets not divert from the subject here. again the question that comes to mind is why west is continuing to support these regimes which it knows are involved in funding the terrorists that are killing its soldiers and citizens? collateral damage? means to an end?

Ummmmh @Irfan Baloch - Youtube Michael Scheur - the ex-Head of CIA's Bin Ladin Hunt Team - you'd like what he has to say ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, do not make unsubstantial claims, at least show us some circumstantial evidence?

You are again making wild claims, trying to hide your own weaknesses and divisions by blaming it on others. You should not be pointing fingers at others, when your own country is a puppet of Russia and Iran.

It's time for the Muslims grow up and stop blaming others for their own mess.
you want evidence? really? look up who created Alqaeda... and look up who is arming F$A terrorists in Syria...

hahah now Syria is puppet of Russia and Iran?? you have to be kidding me :omghaha:

you are one naive person, or you just don't want to wake up to reality...

enemy of my enemy is my friend.
West outwits the towel heads and rag heads every time. if current terrorism is to be blamed 99% on Muslims then dont absolve those who sell high velocity sniper rifles to kill fellow muslims.

I dont make a judgement on the bases of my liking and disliking of one side or another , I half knew that you will attack the source of the allegation. I had other "reliable" links but they are returning 404 error now. covert ops or blackops are part and parcel of British and US governments. their special forces work in close partnership with their intelligence agencies and trust me when they work in partnership then they are not holding a meeting on global warming or cultural diversity. their actions involve high value assassinations, funding and planning chaos. all this so called tehrir square and Arab "awakening" was just spontaneous? and indigenous? while it got the praise and hail in the countries where the leaders were deemed useless by the west but when the people in Bahrain tried to copy the movement then even a lip service of "concern" was not offered.

TTP, BLA, LeJ , Al Qaeda, FSA and their regional cousins one way or another are also in partnership with the West. why do you think TTP has accurate intelligence of our troops movement? one time its a fluke second time lucky, third time chance but not every single time come on. and the type of weapons and tactical gear being used is only used by NATO forces that is not available in the black market.

so my dear I wont give West all clear. lets not divert from the subject here. again the question that comes to mind is why west is continuing to support these regimes which it knows are involved in funding the terrorists that are killing its soldiers and citizens? collateral damage? means to an end?
If you think Al Qaeda is in partnership with the West, than I have nothing further to discuss with you.

On this issue, we could agree to disagree.

Cheers.

you want evidence? really? look up who created Alqaeda... and look up who is arming F$A terrorists in Syria...

hahah now Syria is puppet of Russia and Iran?? you have to be kidding me :omghaha:

you are one naive person, or you just don't want to wake up to reality...
So that's the best reply you can come up with?

Your country is a basket case and that is a fact, it cannot survive without the help of Russia, China and of course Iran.

Iran, Russia and China prop up Assad economy - FT.com
Iran, Russia and China prop up Assad economy

By Michael Peel in Damascus
June 27, 2013

Iran, Russia and China are propping up Syria’s war-ravaged economy, with President Bashar al-Assad’s regime doing all its business in rials, roubles and renminbi as it seeks to beat western sanctions, according to the country’s senior economics minister.

Syria’s three main allies are supporting international financial transactions, delivering $500m a month in oil and extending credit lines, Kadri Jamil, deputy prime minister for the economy, said in an interview with the Financial Times. He added that its allies would also soon help with a “counter-offensive” against what he called a foreign plot to sink the Syrian pound.

Mr Jamil’s combative remarks on the deepening economic crisis highlight a wider show of regime assurance, founded on recent military gains and a belief that its biggest international supporters remain solidly behind it.

“It’s not that bad to have behind you the Russians, the Chinese and Iranians,” Mr Jamil told the FT. “Those three countries are helping us politically, militarily – and also economically.”

Mr Jamil said Syria had an unlimited credit line with Tehran for food and oil-product imports. Damascus, he said, had also corrected its pre-crisis “mistake” of trading in western currencies and had switched transactions to Russian, Chinese and Iranian currencies instead.

“Now we have a straight line between the Syrian pound and those three currencies, and we have got out of the circle of euros and dollars,” he said.

The minister, who studied in Moscow and has been closely involved with the Assad regime’s discussions with the Kremlin during the conflict, said ships “under the flag of the Russians” were delivering oil products to Syria’s government-controlled coast, although he declined to give details.

“We are waiting for someone to attack them,” he said.

Russia and Iran have both been very public in their support for Mr Assad’s regime; China has been less open.

Mr Jamil accused the regime’s international opponents of waging a financial war as well as a military campaign, through western sanctions ranging from a ban on imports of Syrian oil to prohibitions on financial transfers via credit cards and banks. Imports of oil products were now costing Syria half a billion dollars a month, he said, while the regime had been further hit by the rebel occupation of Syria’s oilfields. He described the economic situation as “complicated and very difficult”, but added: “Still we have not reached the point of no return.”

Syria’s crisis of more than two years has savaged entire industries and sent gross domestic product plunging, but the economy’s resilience to total implosion has led analysts to speculate about the amount of international help the regime is receiving. It is only in the past few weeks that the gradual slide in the Syrian pound from its pre-crises levels of about 45 Syrian pounds to the dollar has turned into something more severe, with the rate topping S£200 some days.

Mr Jamil accused Saudi Arabia, the US and Britain of orchestrating a plot to undermine the Syrian currency by flooding pounds into neighbouring Lebanon and Jordan. Asked if he had evidence for this, he said only that he had “historical proof”.

Mr Jamil said Syria was now co-ordinating with Russia, China and Iran to defend the pound and bring it down to the government target price of 100 to the dollar. “We are preparing for a counter-offensive,” he said, although he declined to give details.

He added that once a political resolution to the war had been achieved, the Syrian government would be seeking compensation from world powers that had opposed it, just as Germany had to give reparations after the second world war. “If England feels like paying something, we don’t mind,” he said.

So that's the best reply you can come up with?

Your country is a basket case and that is a fact, it cannot survive without the help of Russia, China and of course Iran.

Iran, Russia and China prop up Assad economy - FT.com
Iran, Russia and China prop up Assad economy

By Michael Peel in Damascus
June 27, 2013

Iran, Russia and China are propping up Syria’s war-ravaged economy, with President Bashar al-Assad’s regime doing all its business in rials, roubles and renminbi as it seeks to beat western sanctions, according to the country’s senior economics minister.

Syria’s three main allies are supporting international financial transactions, delivering $500m a month in oil and extending credit lines, Kadri Jamil, deputy prime minister for the economy, said in an interview with the Financial Times. He added that its allies would also soon help with a “counter-offensive” against what he called a foreign plot to sink the Syrian pound.

Mr Jamil’s combative remarks on the deepening economic crisis highlight a wider show of regime assurance, founded on recent military gains and a belief that its biggest international supporters remain solidly behind it.

“It’s not that bad to have behind you the Russians, the Chinese and Iranians,” Mr Jamil told the FT. “Those three countries are helping us politically, militarily – and also economically.”

Mr Jamil said Syria had an unlimited credit line with Tehran for food and oil-product imports. Damascus, he said, had also corrected its pre-crisis “mistake” of trading in western currencies and had switched transactions to Russian, Chinese and Iranian currencies instead.

“Now we have a straight line between the Syrian pound and those three currencies, and we have got out of the circle of euros and dollars,” he said.

The minister, who studied in Moscow and has been closely involved with the Assad regime’s discussions with the Kremlin during the conflict, said ships “under the flag of the Russians” were delivering oil products to Syria’s government-controlled coast, although he declined to give details.

“We are waiting for someone to attack them,” he said.

Russia and Iran have both been very public in their support for Mr Assad’s regime; China has been less open.

Mr Jamil accused the regime’s international opponents of waging a financial war as well as a military campaign, through western sanctions ranging from a ban on imports of Syrian oil to prohibitions on financial transfers via credit cards and banks. Imports of oil products were now costing Syria half a billion dollars a month, he said, while the regime had been further hit by the rebel occupation of Syria’s oilfields. He described the economic situation as “complicated and very difficult”, but added: “Still we have not reached the point of no return.”

Syria’s crisis of more than two years has savaged entire industries and sent gross domestic product plunging, but the economy’s resilience to total implosion has led analysts to speculate about the amount of international help the regime is receiving. It is only in the past few weeks that the gradual slide in the Syrian pound from its pre-crises levels of about 45 Syrian pounds to the dollar has turned into something more severe, with the rate topping S£200 some days.

Mr Jamil accused Saudi Arabia, the US and Britain of orchestrating a plot to undermine the Syrian currency by flooding pounds into neighbouring Lebanon and Jordan. Asked if he had evidence for this, he said only that he had “historical proof”.

Mr Jamil said Syria was now co-ordinating with Russia, China and Iran to defend the pound and bring it down to the government target price of 100 to the dollar. “We are preparing for a counter-offensive,” he said, although he declined to give details.

He added that once a political resolution to the war had been achieved, the Syrian government would be seeking compensation from world powers that had opposed it, just as Germany had to give reparations after the second world war. “If England feels like paying something, we don’t mind,” he said.
hahah look, Russia is defending Syria, so who is the puppet?? (joke)

anyways have you head of mutual benefits? Syria helped Iran back in the 80's, and now Iran is returning the favor... Syria also helps Russia and China economically and etc..

anyways like I said you are naive...

Nothing new with the article, pretty much general knowledge by now :)

About the West (which isn't one block, as USA/Europe many times don;t have the same view). I don't think for one second that they are supporting directly Al-Q & Co or sectarian war, both are bad for them. But they do support the Gulf states and look the other way when they start causing trouble.

As to why - well, in my opinion, the oil has to flow through for the world economy to work. To ensure that, you need allied states (or simply just to occupy those regions, but that type of thinking feel out of favor some time ago). Allied states that are strong, have influence over other regional players and have oil themselves. The Gulf states meet all the criteria - and more importantly, there is no other alternative , as Iran won't play ball.

I'm pretty sure that nobody in the West has any high opinions of the Saudis and other gulf countries, but to make sure the region is under their influence and oil flows, some compromise must be made, for now.

Ummmmh @Irfan Baloch - Youtube Michael Scheur - the ex-Head of CIA's Bin Ladin Hunt Team - you'd like what he has to say ! :)

avid follower of him. he doesnt pull any punches. openly admires Pakistan and defends its stance and its contribution to USA and the world over WoT. is open critic of America's Middle east policy . he is an American patriot and has some very compelling things to say about the Arab monarchies.

one of his top line responses to half arsed questions from Western journalists is

"Pakistan's interests cant be American interests, they will do what is best for them while NATO is in Afghanistan and when it will leave it. we cant expect them to give up their interests and do what we want.."

this answer covers all questions about Haqqani network, Taliban links, supplies stoppage, Salalla attack, Pak military contribution in the war etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think Al Qaeda is in partnership with the West, than I have nothing further to discuss with you.

On this issue, we could agree to disagree.

Cheers.

not the way you made it sound. imagine our inept & apologetic media & judiciary when it comes to presenting terrorists as heroes of Islam and overturning their sentences by the lower-courts (not the best analogy but thats what I can think of)

subversion, covert-ops and the world of espionage has pawns and players who dont even know who they are working for and who they are actually assisting.

to cut the story short, just see who benefited from Western direct and indirect intervention in Middle East and Africa. Al Qaeda closely follows American invasions and establishes roots in places that were formally free of it (Libya for example).

PS: still not buying it? fair enough.. thats the whole reason of having open forum "discussions" otherwise it will be a boring place

Back
Top Bottom