What's new

Romania intends to buy another F-16 squadron

are f16 still in productions? aren't they already vintage.

are f16 still in productions? aren't they already vintage.

They saved some aside for India because they knew 3 years ago that you won't buy the Rafale,so they got prepared.:D

They saved some aside for India because they knew 3 years ago that you won't buy the Rafale,so they got prepared.:D

Seriously...F16 was designed in late 60's. Today is 2015. With US Air force stop ordering F16, the future of F16 is zero. Now you buy a new fighter assuming that it will serve you for next 30 years. So would you use 1960 fighter in 2030 or 2040's wars

because we have this very friendly neighbor who has some issues from 1947 :D
so we have to keep them check :D
@Rockstar
THAT IS NOT THE ONLY REASON ...COME ON YOU KNOW IT TOO.....FOR 80% OF TIME WE HAVE BEEN RULED BY DICTATORS ...YEAH DICTATORS....NOW I KNOW OUR ROMANIAN FRIEND WOULD NOT WANT THAT IN HIS COUNTRY I AM PRETTY SURE FOR BETTER LOOKING ARMED FORCES... WOULD YA BUDDY

Seriously...F16 was designed in late 60's. Today is 2015. With US Air force stop ordering F16, the future of F16 is zero. Now you buy a new fighter assuming that it will serve you for next 30 years. So would you use 1960 fighter in 2030 or 2040's wars

If you think we're buying a 60's fighter i'll honestly tell you that i'm not going to waste bandwith in discussing such a retarded statement.

OH there you are steven hawking i have been looking all over the forum for you.....and where is your wheel chair.....lol
come on buddy your comment shows us all how much knowledge you have about planes ..let it go don't throw stones at tree which doesn't bear fruit.....still i think these f16s you talking about they are quite new compared to your space craft that your forefathers had made and had flown ....you still believe on them rely on them ... evenyour PM does ..than why you dont allow other countries to buy these old crap f16s...

If you think we're buying a 60's fighter i'll honestly tell you that i'm not going to waste bandwith in discussing such a retarded statement.

Not at all. The fact that US as stopped ordering the fighter and the last sale happened back in 2010 tells something. The future of F16 is dead.

OH there you are steven hawking i have been looking all over the forum for you.....and where is your wheel chair.....lol
come on buddy your comment shows us all how much knowledge you have about planes ..let it go don't throw stones at tree which doesn't bear fruit.....still i think these f16s you talking about they are quite new compared to your space craft that your forefathers had made and had flown ....you still believe on them rely on them ... evenyour PM does ..than why you dont allow other countries to buy these old crap f16s...

Please write in English....

F-16 lol.... They should buy something like Aster Air defence system,eurofighter or rafale rather than the obsolete f-16. But the best investment would be buying off the shelf nukes from Pakistan or Israel.

He is right in some ways as the fighter was designed in the 1960s and 1970s.

The issue with buying F-16 now is the imminent obselesence of the airframe. This combined with the single engine does not bode well for the fighter for more than the next 10 years.

I don't see why a fighter designed in the 60 will be obsolete now. It was designed in the 60s, that does not mean they are made in the 60s.

What if I say tomorrow the US is going to sell all the moth ball stuff, that is older AC-130 that designed during Vietnam war, B-52 Stratofortress, F-14 Tomcat, F-15C fighter to pay off the national debt. You would think there will be load of country that put up their hand

It was designed in the 60s only means they are designed in the 60s, that we have that level of technology then which today, not too many country can counter in 2015. That only mean the world is behind the US in fighter development, not the US tech become obsolete.

I don't see why a fighter designed in the 60 will be obsolete now. It was designed in the 60s, that does not mean they are made in the 60s.

What if I say tomorrow the US is going to sell all the moth ball stuff, that is older AC-130 that designed during Vietnam war, B-52 Stratofortress, F-14 Tomcat, F-15C fighter to pay off the national debt. You would think there will be load of country that put up their hand

It was designed in the 60s only means they are designed in the 60s, that we have that level of technology then which today, not too many country can counter in 2015. That only mean the world is behind the US in fighter development, not the US tech become obsolete.

Haha, so when you will sell all of your B-52, A-10, F-16 and F-15C from AMAARG? maybe we can put them into a good use :azn:

Haha, so when you will sell all of your B-52, A-10, F-16 and F-15C from AMAARG? maybe we can put them into a good use :azn:

which one you wanted, take your pick...

AMARC_at_Davis-Monthan_Air_Force_Base.jpg

How about some F=4 and F-14?

2883947754_1ab0a4d3ec_b.jpg

How about some Sea Knight Helicopter??

5732778640_5474f74efc_b.jpg

perhaps some F-18C

4114887087_a2e42c011e_o.jpg

Maybe some Tomcats??

5732778952_95ef7ce40b_b.jpg

or a B-1 if you can afford it??

16141043759_fcc8ab469b_b.jpg

Some B-52 too??00

7344409260_e7a8196e74_b.jpg

or you fancy some transport fleet??

Don't forget, at Davis-Monthan AFB, we only accept Cash on Delivery, or Paypal :)

All seriousness, I think most country would want to have a USAF boneyard in Davis-Monthan for its fleet, don't you think??

which one you wanted, take your pick...

How about some F=4 and F-14?

How about some Sea Knight Helicopter??

perhaps some F-18C

Maybe some Tomcats??

or a B-1 if you can afford it??

Some B-52 too??00

or you fancy some transport fleet??

Don't forget, at Davis-Monthan AFB, we only accept Cash on Delivery, or Paypal :)

All seriousness, I think most country would want to have a USAF boneyard in Davis-Monthan for its fleet, don't you think??

haha, if it's up to me, i would chose only the mostly needed platform for our Air Forces

Prowler, F-16 C/D, F-15, E-2C and more Hercules fleets ..........

haha, if it's up to me, i would chose only the mostly needed platform for our Air Forces

Prowler, F-16 C/D, F-15, E-2C and more Hercules fleets ..........

Right, we can cater that too

dm_ea6a_1.jpg

Prowler

f16az.jpg

F-16

120223-f-fp776-210.jpg

E-2C

f-15boneyard.jpg

F-15

And you already saw the C-130 :) How much are you willing to pay? We have 5000 aircrafts in mothball

Quick question, aren't the Flankers you fly from the same era? Aren't you worried about having 40 year old soviet technology as the backbone of your airforce?

Back
Top Bottom