What's new

Romania intends to buy another F-16 squadron

Basic SU-27 but with a completely redesigned fuselage. Anyways, don't hid it, you know you would want SU-30s.

Well yeah,but a MLU F16 (to blk 50/52/60 standard) is the same thing,another beast from the early variants.

I like the SU-30 but due to our relationship to Russia i would never want it.Anyway,at best,Russia proposed us the Mig 29 SMT to be produced in Romania if we didn't join NATO back in 2002-2003.Or at least that's what one guy who writes for the Voice of Russia (Romanian edition) claims.

Well yeah,but a MLU F16 (to blk 50/52/60 standard) is the same thing,another beast from the early variants.

I like the SU-30 but due to our relationship to Russia i would never want it.Anyway,at best,Russia proposed us the Mig 29 SMT to be produced in Romania if we didn't join NATO back in 2002-2003.Or at least that's what one guy who writes for the Voice of Russia (Romanian edition) claims.

We can still be friends, we have a lot in common, both countries start with the letter R and end with A, both are orthodox, both countries have people that like to wear tracksuits (dying bread) with leather jackets. What do you say?

We can still be friends, we have a lot in common, both countries start with the letter R and end with A, both are orthodox, both countries have people that like to wear tracksuits (dying bread) with leather jackets. What do you say?

:lol:

Joke aside,Russians and Romanians really have a lot in common but Russia never "gave" anything to this relationship,only "took".Than there's Moldova,such a small piece of land when you relate it to Russia but so big and important to the Romanians.I never understood why Russians wanted it so bad transforming in the process one of the biggest countries in E. Europe in an eternal enemy.:unsure:

are f16 still in productions? aren't they already vintage.

They won't buy new F16s,but probably from the US or others that are selling/retiring theirs.

F-16 lol.... They should buy something like Aster Air defence system,eurofighter or rafale rather than the obsolete f-16.

You have to see the economical situation of Romania,it isn't a country that actually can afford expensive fighters such as the Rafale or Euro...

You have to see the economical situation of Romania,it isn't a country that actually can afford expensive fighters such as the Rafale or Euro...

This is so relative when i'm seeing news as the one from today :

The DNA (National Directorate for Anticorruption) will open a new mega case in which are involeved ALL the Ministers of Transport in the last 15 years.Accusation : embezzlement and corruption,wasting of 30 billion euros for only 530 km of motorways.

How ,many Rafales are in those 30 billion euros ? :(

This is so relative when i'm seeing news as the one from today :

The DNA (National Directorate for Anticorruption) will open a new mega case in which are involeved ALL the Ministers of Transport in the last 15 years.Accusation : embezzlement and corruption,wasting of 30 billion euros for only 530 km of motorways.

How ,many Rafales are in those 30 billion euros ? :(

Damn 30 billions o_O Hope Romania will continue to fight corruption without any mercy.
With 30 billions you could buy more than 250 Rafale. :o:

Damn 30 billions o_O Hope Romania will continue to fight corruption without any mercy.
With 30 billions you could buy more than 250 Rafale. :o:

I'm just talking to a friend right now ,from what we're seeing,the cost for those 530 km is about 10-11 billion,so...yeah,they stole 19-20 billion :blink:.....with those money they could have built another 530 km ( 10-11 billion) and still have some 9-10 billion left for around 60 nice Rafales....I feel like grabbing a gun and go beserk........:suicide2:

Flanker is designed in 1989 and introduced in 96
I don't know why i'm even bothering. The program was started in 1969 as you can see. What a waste of bandwidth.
Sukhoi Su-27 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

F-16 entered service a year after F-15, in 1975.

Joke aside,Russians and Romanians really have a lot in common but Russia never "gave" anything to this relationship,only "took".Than there's Moldova,such a small piece of land when you relate it to Russia but so big and important to the Romanians.I never understood why Russians wanted it so bad transforming in the process one of the biggest countries in E. Europe in an eternal enemy.:unsure:
I have a totally off-topic random question. Why do all Romanian women names ends with "a"?

I am sure that Romania can easily takes on about:
100-150+ F-16s Block 30/32s with upgrades
30+ P-Cs For Surveillance, Reconnaissance, AEW&Cs and Bomber

I am sure NATO wants to make the right use of Romania which has a good history in terms of fighting with enemies of all kinds, similar to Pakistan Military.

They might be looking to give them some 1000-3000 used Humvess and other equipment too with upgrades.

I don't know why i'm even bothering. The program was started in 1969 as you can see. What a waste of bandwidth.
Sukhoi Su-27 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

F-16 entered service a year after F-15, in 1975.

I have a totally off-topic random question. Why do all Romanian women names ends with "a"?

India has Su 30 and not Su 27

They won't buy new F16s,but probably from the US or others that are selling/retiring theirs.

This make sense.

A MLU keeps it going for about 15 years.

It's a rebranded SU-27.

It is like saying F18 are rebranded version of F16.

India has Su 30 and not Su 27

This make sense.

It is like saying F18 are rebranded version of F16.

No...it's a SU-27 but instead of going the American way and naming them BLK15,40,...52...etc,they called their upgrades SU-30

The F18 is a totally different jet in regards t the F16.

Sry dude,you've tried to be a smartass and failed.

Back
Top Bottom