What's new

Role of Big Powers in Indo-Pak War of 1971

Maybe 10, maybe 100. But smart enough to write a post to which you have no response other than a snide one liner. If you are incapable of mustering a response despite your presumably advanced age, don't highlight it for all to know
Actually, I admire the way you come up with BIG Lies right after 50 years old buried pandora Box

a) American Guns were superior then soviets ...maybe they fire 10 bullets when you intended for 1 and bcoz of that reason they banned export of those stuff in the middle of war ....:p:

b) NATO was on your side.........Damn Eye opening Revealations ....

(is sadgee pay kon na mar jaee)....o_O

c) Pleae help me solve that Chinese puzzle for us......Indian meddling in our Eastern affairs was some sort of Help from India to B'desh....but our help to freedom fighters is considered most devilish thing :devil:
"Mir" bhi kia sada hain Bemar hoay jis k sabab......Usi Attar kay londay say dawa laitay hain ;)

Last edited:
If you think India ought to have attacked Pakistan, isn't that an implicit admission that 26/1 was Pakistan's doing? You didn't say India couldn't attack China, you didn't say India couldn't attack Sri Lanka. You said that after 26/11 India couldn't attack Pakistan. Obviously that's an admission of Pakistan doing 26/11.
Logic ain't your forte, huh? It's not my lack of English that's at play here - it is your lack of logical reasoning. Put simply, your lack of brains.
Maybe 10, maybe 100. But smart enough to write a post to which you have no response other than a snide one liner. If you are incapable of mustering a response despite your presumably advanced age, don't highlight it for all to know.

I can see your Logic lol
What is your age kid, 26/11 was just another inside job like Samjhota Express ...
India blamed Pakistan for it and moved its army on the borders but couldn't do anything ..

NOW maybe you think as indian , that proves it was Pakistan who did that .. but there are no clear evidence stating that .. its all politics ..

Indians and Brains are 2 different things .. and you talking about logic lol ...

Just for the record when was the last time ' your forces' attacked another nation to help someone else - all this outside the ambit of a UN resolution ?

Lol ok....must confess you caught me with my pants down. :) lol
However, were doing it for our interests first and foremost.
Can
you blame us? Every power/country does the Same. Doesn't change the fact that we helped Pakistan though. :)

Thanks for posting this thead.
I was having a silly argument with one delusional pakistani member on here who said they received no help whatsoever from U.S/U.K. Lool. Even though everybody knows its a BIG LIE. He was saying this just to boast his ego though, I understand. Lool
Cant even remember his name, whether it was desertfox or something. Lol
I'm glad our navy was late in reaching Indian shores where the Soviets had already encircled the area, if not our force would have invaded India for no good reason just to help Pakistan.

Well, the Chinese have always been a passive power and will never intervene in a war that doesn't concern them. Be it for Pakistan or in Syria today(where their ' ally' Russia wished they could help.lol). They will rather watch tings from the sidelines. Lol. GOOD STRATEGY THOUGH.:)
USA/UK did not materially help pakistan. Was there any transfer of armament or training leading upto war? Also uk was on India's side in 71 if I remeber correctly. not sure.

The rebel forces alone outnumbered the Pakistani military 3 to 1 in East Pakistan.

It was a lost cause ...Both politically and militarily.
People talking about "enormous " Western support enjoyed by Pakistan have probably forgotten the enormous Soviet support enjoyed by India.

The rebel forces alone outnumbered the Pakistani military 3 to 1 in East Pakistan.

It was a lost cause ...Both politically and militarily.
People talking about "enormous " Western support enjoyed by Pakistan have probably forgotten the enormous Soviet support enjoyed by India.
soviets also did not help materially, they simply neutralized threat from US, apart from diplomatic help. That was quite important for India. If you see Bhutto video of UN, he is literally crying for help from west.

soviets also did not help materially, they simply neutralized threat from US, apart from diplomatic help. That was quite important for India. If you see Bhutto video of UN, he is literally crying for help from west.
USSR-India signed a defence pact in 1969 and in 1971, India armed with Soviet weapons was fully prepared to attack and destroy Pakistani forces in East Pakistan.
The equipment like Mig-21's and T-55's, PT-76 proved to be very useful in Indian advances.

You are quite ignorant about how your country came into existence.

The reason HOW Pakistan come into existence is irrelevant. The reason WHY is more pertinent. The reason behind Bangladesh's creation and why it could not continue to be a part of Pakistan is the same reason why Pakistan could never be a part of india. You cannot expect 2 different races with different cultures and heritage to be 1 nation. Has never worked, will never work.

Few GK questions for everyone but special comments expected from Pakistani friends.

1. Which is the first army in the world to surrender their arms after world war?

2.Which army holds the record for the largest ever surrender ?

3. Which army is the only army to surrender before a single enemy ?

4. Which army is the only army that begins a war invading others but ends up defending itself?

5. Which army is the only army to secure defeat after defeat despite having superior arms in comparison to its enemy?

6. Which army is the only army to be defeated by a non aligned nation despite of being a part of cold war bloc (CENTO)?
Go and learn history of warfare, you will get your answers.

USSR-India signed a defence pact in 1969 and in 1971, India armed with Soviet weapons was fully prepared to attack and destroy Pakistani forces in East Pakistan.
The equipment like Mig-21's and T-55's, PT-76 proved to be very useful in Indian advances.
was not pakistan armed with western hardware, and pakistan joined their group much before. I am simply pointing that since the hostility began, both west and soviets did not fly in arms. Like they do in syria for example or they did for israel.

Lol ok....must confess you caught me with my pants down. :) lol
However, were doing it for our interests first and foremost.
Can
you blame us? Every power/country does the Same. Doesn't change the fact that we helped Pakistan though. :)

Appreciate your reply.

Fact is that it all was sabre rattling . India had covered its bets with the treaty with USSR.

Nonetheless , the incident of 7th fleet in the BoB became the second event that shaped national thinking . The first being the drubbing in 62.

Both led to a ' never again' way of thinking. The Nuclear test three years later in 74 was a part of this ' never again' approach to national defence .

The reason HOW Pakistan come into existence is irrelevant. The reason WHY is more pertinent. The reason behind Bangladesh's creation and why it could not continue to be a part of Pakistan is the same reason why Pakistan could never be a part of india. You cannot expect 2 different races with different cultures and heritage to be 1 nation. Has never worked, will never work.
the key issue is geography not culture. Many multicultural countries work. It works fine in India.(punjabi and tamils have same difference as you speak of). Even within pakistan there is cultural difference. Tomorrow if KPK separates, you will have same answer, they are different from punjabis.
What do you think of scots, separate nation or not much different?

This is even more illogical. Pashtun, Baloch, Punjabi, these are different cultures, not to mention the Muhajir. That somehow works out presently, right ?

was not pakistan armed with western hardware, and pakistan joined their group much before. I am simply pointing that since the hostility began, both west and soviets did not fly in arms. Like they do in syria for example or they did for israel.
65 and earlier, yes Pakistan was armed against the Soviet threat....Whereas India was armed for the sole intention of invading East Pakistan.

This is even more illogical. Pashtun, Baloch, Punjabi, these are different cultures, not to mention the Muhajir. That somehow works out presently, right ?
Those regions are geographically contiguous unlike former East Pakistan.

Those regions are geographically contiguous unlike former East Pakistan.
Exactly. That is one big reason. Not the only one though. The Punjabis would have been up in arms as well even if the Pushtoons ever had any chance to make it to the majority.
It's just that Bengalis were a little more than half of the then population of Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom