What's new

Roketsan KaraOK anti-tank missile to be inducted in Turkish army in 2021

Iranian made sniper rifle has over 3 KM Range. On a serious note, the range is too short for an Anti-Tank missile. But its weight is also too light making it suitable for special forces.
Are you really comparing a sniper round and guided AP anti-tank missile just to glorify Iran?
Care to show and compare Iranian man-portable anti-tank missile below 20 kg?
Once they match the Aim-120, I hope they keep advancing the Bozdogan program to develop a missile to match the Meteor, and put the Greeks with their Rafales back in their place.
It is under development too, going to take some years but eventually there will be ramjet-scramjet powered AA missile.
Pakistan should work with Turkey on this Anti Tank missile. Try to increase the range of up to 4 KM. It can be great addition in our arsenal
OMTAS already has 4 km according to the brochures and 6-7km+ range according to the sources. Either carried by 2 personnel or mounted on vehicles.

Are you really comparing a sniper round and guided AP anti-tank missile just to glorify Iran?
Care to show and compare Iranian man-portable anti-tank missile below 20 kg?
That was not a serious note 😁

Btw, Toophan-3 atgm weighs 19 Kg with a range of 650m to 4000 m.
ZSzYYayScafE.jpg

That was not a serious note 😁

Btw, Toophan-3 atgm weighs 19 Kg with a range of 650m to 4000 m.
View attachment 753302
And Karaok is 16kg with the tube ;) has 2500 meters range.

Toophan is that TOW derived one i presume? Then it is more comparable to OMTAS:
With targeting system + tube a launcher unit weights about 35 kg and carrier by 2 personnel, or mounted on vehicles.

Karaok is developed to replace Javelin, OMTAS is developed to replace Kornet-TOW, OMTAS's updated range has not still been announced.

Last edited:
There are two types of ATGM (according to me) on basis of use.

One is Man-portable system weighting less than 20 kg (Launcher + missile) so that it is easily carried by single soldier along 2 extra rounds (atleast). And can hit targets as far as 2000 meters atleast.

Second is the 6000-8000 meter range ATGM fixed on top of a moving body (jeep or personal carrier variant specified for ATGM). And the launcher fixed on the vehicle should atleast have 8 missiles in launcher while extra 8-16 missiles in the carrier with 2 personals (driver and loader).

images.jpeg

We can cover the second through other means but for the first scenario this Turkish ATGM (KaraOK) is perfect fit. We should already start its local production and aim for atleast 2000 launchers. This should be the "must have" addition to our infantry modernisation program.

Last edited:
looks like it has similar capability to the American Javelin

A must have weapon for Pakistan armed forces,It is light yet simple to operate a perfect choice for targeting infantry,Bunkers,IFV'S basically a weapon made for the battlefield spectrum.

Which we are lacking since the ATGM'S we operate are not lightweight.Or rather man portable

pak was interested with OMTAS but we never heard anything after that

Btw the article says it is a single use system. So it means we can only use the launcher once and if we want the launcher to be reused it will have to go back to factory and come out with another missile in it from there ? ?

If that is the case than it seems an issue because in war I don't think soldier will have time to collect these launchers, send them back and than wait for new one with missiles in them.

Last edited:
I hope you are right because Pakistan needs fire and forget missile. Pakistani Anti Tank arsenal needs this kind of missile. Most easy options for Pakistan are HJ 12 from China or this one from Turkey.
PLA is at the final phase of testing its fourth gen HJ-16.

And Karaok is 16kg with the tube ;) has 2500 meters range.

Toophan is that TOW derived one i presume? Then it is more comparable to OMTAS:
With targeting system + tube a launcher unit weights about 35 kg and carrier by 2 personnel, or mounted on vehicles.

Karaok is developed to replace Javelin, OMTAS is developed to replace Kornet-TOW, OMTAS's updated range has not still been announced.

the sound and quality of that launch says it all

that is a top tier anti-tank missile

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom