What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

I anticipate....our anti-Japan-invasion national anthem in their stadium!!!
Does China have that? China should come up with an alternative version just to piss the Japanese off in 2020. I encourage Chinese athlete to import their own food and water. You never know what the Japanese will do to the athletes as they did with Huo Yuanjia.

15 golds each for China and Britain so far. Andy Murray won gold for Britain.

China need to have a good day today.

Time to start performing as people expect especially in non-judging events. No excuses anymore. Need to hold 2nd place in the medal table.

Half way into the Olympics
Expecting more golds from other events on top of Badminton, TT and Diving

Eh, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Let me teach you. In the USA team basketball, Coach K employed a system which is called Motion Offense. In the motion offense, it will generated a lot of 3pts attempt through drive and kick, therefore the percentage that matter in the win/loss for team USA offense is the 3pts fg%, NOT the 2pt fg%. When Team USA scored less than 100pts in an international competition, there is some serious problem in the offense. It doesn't required a genius to understand that simple team stat, no need to pull off any irrelevant stat.

Wrong, motion offensive (or fluid offensive) is to use 3 points to drive out the defender, US team is not depending on 3 Pt (At least by design) to win a game, 3 points is, AND ALWAYS are to draw people out from the D Zone, so playmaker can make play inside the paint easier. You don't need to actually sink three to have people think you are going for three.

This "therefore the percentage that matter in the win/loss for team USA offense is the 3pts fg%, NOT the 2pt fg%" is simply nonsense.

Also, your interpretation of Motion Offense is wrong.

Read this

https://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/offense/motion-offenses.html

And coach K's favorite is 2 in 3 out or 3 in 2 out motion offensive, that way team USA player can use their motion to do either pick and roll or screen and shoot, Or simply use player like Thomson to do a catch and shoot.

For the check...

- High FG% - High FG% is an indication of their finishing ability at the rim, which has little to do with how the offense is being played considered their offense is about shooting the 3 ball.
You assume the whole play is about 3 pts, which is a wrong assumption.

Again, considering 3 pt % is usually around 30-40% in the US team, 3 pts % is not a determintrial factor in FG%

- High FT attempts - high FT attempt is an indication of opposing team not playing proper D, rather than the players running good offense.

You cannot generate new basket out of nowhere, you will have to have the ball before you can make a shot, a good offensive skill ensure your chance of getting that basket (hence only increase the FG%) a good defence leads to more TO and changing of procession, and since you have to have procession to make shot, which translate to you can ONLY make more shot if you have more procession. Is this that hard to understand?

- Medium to High offensive rebound suggest US play Offensive ball game - Offensive rebound has nothing to do with good offense. It just mean they are active on the board and hustle which is expect as Team USA have a lot of athletic quick players.

I think you misread my point, I said Low Opponent Offensive rebound suggest good defence. Not your own Offensive Rebound (that show yor opponent having a bad D) Check what I said again.

- High Opponent Offensive rebound - That is an indication of opposing team size advantage as the US often like to play small ball as is in the NBA modern style.

No, smaller size is not a factor, considering the actual height different were NEVER more than 3 inches, (KD, Cousin and Jordan are over 6 ft 10 inch), And none of the other team have anyone higher than 7 ft 1 (Only the 2 Chinese Center are 7 ft 2), if you are blocking out your opponent and making good D on rebound, 3 inch different is usually negated,

- High Opponent FG % - That is an indication that they are not putting in the effort. They have the personnel and one of the best defensive assistant and an NBA defensive guru, Tom Thibodeau. So no, defense is not their issue. It's the effort and a trust factor in rotating and they just need to play a proper lineup that can limit defensive liability in Kyrie, Carmelo, Derozan.. That is up to the coach.

High opponent FG ALWAYS points to point being make, which ALWAYS going to be you defence is lacking, again there are only 2 reason why your opponent can score a basket. Either you let him uncheck (Which is a defensive error) or they out play you (Which is again, your defensive error)

- High Opponent Score - Are you joking? That is not high. Like I told you, Australia/Serbia/France were scoring around the same mark they played against past USA Team. It is the Team USA offense which fail to score more than 100pts until France match. Even that, 103pts is consider a bad offensive night for Team USA who should be averaging at least 120ppg.

Just because US used to score 120 points, it does not mean Australian Scoring 86 points, Serbia scoring 91 points and France scoring 97 points is low. The score is high, the US just used to score Higher, that does not eman the other score low.

A good D inhabit opponent offense, hence their FG% will drop, idealy, you want to limited your opponent for 30-40% FG% in a good D, if you shoot 30-40% 2 and 3 pt lines, you will need to shoot at least 80 shot to get to 86 or 90 points. Which is A LOT. Which still mean your Defence sucks.

By the way, this is the stats from USA v AUS in 2012 Summer Olympic

USA
vs Australia 119-86, 08/08/2012 119 FG2P 20/40; FG3P 19/46; FT 22/32

Australia
vs USA 86-119, 08/08/2012 86 FG2P 23/49; FG3P 9/22; FT 13/21

US team have the similar shot counts (86 in 2012, and 85 in 2016), while Australia make 7 more shot in 2012 (71(2012) vs 66 (2016))

Like I said, once they played more team ball, a motion offense, and not trying to isolation too many possessions, they will score over 100pts, then they will play better defense and the other opposing team offensive stat will not matter because there is a lopsided in the talented despite Team USA is a B Team. In basketball, there is never a "good defense will lead to good offense". It is always "good offense will lead to good defense". Please learn that.

ehh, wrong.

What you said is unfounded, as I taught you, every play anyone make is build on your opponent offense, you either start a play when they finish their attacks, or when they lose the attacks, or when they turn over. Either way, all of these require to build from your own defense, Offense NEVER lead to Defense, it's the other wy around, any two bits coach and player knows that.

As far as Stephen Curry, he was on team USA in the Summer of 2014 which mean he was elected on Team USA for the season he played 2013-2014. Let look at those stat.

24.1 PER, .61TS%, .225WS48, 7.4 Boxscore plus/minus, 6.7 VORP in the regular season. These are very good number. Though, not elite. Elite would be (28PER, .61TS%, .269, etcc) based on averaged of league leader since 1960s.

In the postseason, he dropped to down...

18.8 PER, .60TS%, .131 WS48, 3.7 Boxscore plus/minus, 0.4 VORP.

Which is pathetic for a star player. Sure it is above average stat consider averaged player PER (Player Efficiency Rating) is about 15.0. So no, he wasn't an elite in 2014 season. He BECAME an elite player in 2015 AFTER he played on Team USA, and then went on to have a historic 2016 which based on my peak project, he ranked #9 of All-Time, a lists that include Jordan, Kareem, Lebron, Shaq, Wilt, Duncan, Bird, Magic, Hakeem..

Base on what? Do you know how much different a game played in 1960 and 2015? Are you forming a team with Jordan, Magic or Bird? I am talking about HE IS ONE OF THE TOP PLAYER THAT YEAR IN 2014, what the hell are you talking about Jordan, Hakeem, Magic for? We are not forming the 2014 team with player from the 1980s, if we did, then we will not be able to form a team AT ALL, as you don't have many people today can be compared to the 1980s NBA Stars.

So please learn basketball first before you talk to me. LOL

What you are saying does not make sense, actually all you said does not make one simple sense I don't think it's me who need to learn how to play basketball first......I am good, thank you, you, on the other hand, I am not so sure.

Last edited:
I anticipate....our anti-Japan-invasion national anthem in their stadium!!!

You do have to consider the investment cycle in these games. Chinese investment in its athletic program was at it's peak during the Beijing Olympic and London Olympic was the tail end of that investment cycle. Britain did the same, and Rio is a reflection of that. Japan is already ramping up it's athletic program, and you can see some results today. So it is highly possible for Japan to out perform China come Tokyo Olympic if China doesn't start increasing it's investment. But Olympic is no longer that big of a deal for Beijing so it might just be business as usual. Prior Olympics each team has their set target goals in medal, not so this time around. Attituds are changing.

Silver Medal
Women Hammer Throw
Zhang Wenxiu
Congrats :china:

RIOEC8F167Y6S_1536x864.JPG

XEx1-fxuxnah3593333.jpg

wenxiu-zhang-of-china-competes-in-the-womens-hammer-throw-on-day-12-picture-id149970542

Does China have that? China should come up with an alternative version just to piss the Japanese off in 2020. I encourage Chinese athlete to import their own food and water. You never know what the Japanese will do to the athletes as they did with Huo Yuanjia.
Our national anthem is 100% anti-Japan....
It was published in 1935.

Ode to the red flag!

- Taiwan athletes can participate under PRC flag or not at all.
- Hong Kong pro democracy fcukers not allowed to attend.

Exactly. No practical value in listing Olympic medals under various regions of China. They all should be listed under China, or not at all.

Especially so for Hong Kong and Macau.

Just saw the badminton team lose. Another gold medal opportunity gone. :mad:

Getting worse and worse with each passing day.

Now even Russia with half their team is closing on China's medal tally.

Where are the gold medalists?

Men's doubles, women's doubles, mixed doubles.

All lost.

I hate this Rio Olympics.

LOL, cheer up mate. winning losing is all part of sports. Train harder next time

BTW, I spoke to so many people and no one even watched the Olympics at work. No one really cares except the athletes and politicians.

Men's doubles, women's doubles, mixed doubles.

All lost.

I hate this Rio Olympics.

We have lost 2 gold medals: Mixed double and very surprisingly, the women's doubte
In Men's double, we still have Fu and Zhang in the competition against a British team coming up next
In the Singles, we are having 2 players in each event who are still in contention for gold
So Best of Luck Guys! :china:

Back
Top Bottom