What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

China cheated out of ten Olympic medals since 1968
(Chinadaily.com.cn) August 17, 2016

Chinese athletes are among those who suffered the most from doping during the Olympic Games, as they were cheated out of ten medals since 1968 due to competitors doping , according to a report by the New York Times.

Meanwhile, the country's Olympians never had to surrender one medal because of analeptics usage during the same period.

In the report, China topped the list of net medal difference due to doping with ten upgraded medals and no stripped medals.

3210768478355073388.jpg

China tops the list of net medal difference compiled by the New York Times.

The statistics were based on International Olympic Committee (IOC) statements as of June 2016.

When an Olympic medalist is caught doping, any medals he or she has won are usually ordered to be returned and awarded to the next finisher in line, the report said. But sometimes upgraded athletes won't get their medals until long after the Olympic medals ceremony.

According to rules, the IOC can hold the athletes' urine samples for up to 10 years, and can thaw the urine for a retest any time during that window.

Statistics shows that since 1968, in at least 25 cases athletes didn't get their deserved gold medals until later. In at least 41 cases, athletes were upgraded to the silver medal and in at least 54 cases, athletes were upgraded to a bronze.

One example is US track star Marion Jones, who was stripped of all five of her medals, three gold and two bronze, seven years after the 2000 Summer Olympics. That ultimately affected the standing of seven other athletes.

This list above tells something...

@AndrewJin , @xunzi , @+4vsgorillas-Apebane

It doesnt even take into account biased judges and umpires. Then there are the blatant cuts in table tennis medals and events and the arbitrary limit to the number of weight lifters.

It doesnt even take into account biased judges and umpires. Then there are the blatant cuts in table tennis medals and events and the arbitrary limit to the number of weight lifters.

That's probably why it is now time to move beyond the petty competitions that may be rather subjective and focus on the tangible results that cannot be denied or can be denied at one's own peril (which is not a bad thing, actually).

That's probably why it is now time to move beyond the petty competitions that may be rather subjective and focus on the tangible results that cannot be denied or can be denied at one's own peril (which is not a bad thing, actually).

That path requires highly advanced American doping technology like Marion Jones.

So essentially, what the PDF Chinese are saying...

- If China does not win the gold in an event, it is because the others cheated in some ways.

- If China does not win the gold in an event, it is because that Chinese athlete had to compete in a 'Western' sport that the Chinese people traditionally have little or no experience.

Now I got it...

Dong Bin wins China's first triple jump Olympic bronze medal
By Zhang Tianrui (People's Daily Online) 15:01, August 17, 2016

FOREIGN201608171510000200740342891.jpg

On Aug.16, Dong Bin won China's first ever bronze medal for the men's triple jump at the Rio Olympic Games. However,
following his excellent first round, Dong sustained an injury
that prevented him from finishing the last round of the event.

In the first round, Dong surprised himself by jumping 17.58 meters. This was Dong's personal best for both indoor and outdoor tournaments. In the second round, however,Dong ran into some difficulties.

"I sprained my right ankle, the side I use for taking off. I didn't want to have any regrets,so I still tried to jump in the third round, but I couldn't," Dong explained.

Dong accepted emergency treatment, but he eventually had
to admit defeat in the thirdround. Although he accomplished an overall impressive
performance in the event, he admitted that he still feels bad about his performance, as his score was only 1 cm_below the
Asian record set by Chinese athlete Li Yanxi in

FOREIGN201608171510000584376144059.jpg

Early in 2016, Dong scored 17.41 meters and raised his record by 25 centimeters. In March, he won a gold medal in the World Championships of indoor track and field with a performance of 17.33 meters.

Dong kept his competition status in the outdoor matches as well, explaining that he did not originally plan to participate in the indoor games. He received the invitation to participate after winning the championship, and he wanted to take advantage of the opportunity.

Dong participated in six games in just three months, exhausting himself in the process. Now, with this Olympic bronze medal, he has justified all his hard work.

"I thought about this score before, but I can't believe I've actually achieved it. Although I haven't broken the Asian record, I'm still hopeful about my prospects in the future," Dong said.

FOREIGN201608171511000290030614398.jpg

t'is what yer saying not Chinois
Yes, it is. You guys on PDF have been crying about 'Western' style events since this Olympics began.

I commented in a different discussion that the most basic Olympics events are universal since they came from the military.

For a few examples...

The hurdler came from the messenger who has to run over obstacles to deliver his message.

The marathon came from the famous Battle of Marathon: long distance running.

Archery is self evident that it came from the military. Same for shooting and javelin.

If China does not like a particular 'Western' sport, then do not enter. Simple as that. After all, the Olympics has its origins from Greece and last I checked the map, Greece is nowhere near Asia, let alone China. But if China chose to enter a Western event, like basketball, then compete according to the rules and do not complain, like you guys did here before the thread was cleaned up.

https://defence.pk/threads/u-s-mens-olympic-basketball-team-routs-china-by-57-points-119-62.443031/

https://defence.pk/threads/u-s-mens...y-57-points-119-62.443031/page-2#post-8552046

https://defence.pk/threads/u-s-mens...y-57-points-119-62.443031/page-2#post-8552331

No one forced China to compete in the Olympics. If China do not enter the Olympics, it does not mean no one will invest in China or bar Chinese tourists from entering his country.

Yes, it is. You guys on PDF have been crying about 'Western' style events since this Olympics began.

I commented in a different discussion that the most basic Olympics events are universal since they came from the military.

For a few examples...

The hurdler came from the messenger who has to run over obstacles to deliver his message.

The marathon came from the famous Battle of Marathon: long distance running.

Archery is self evident that it came from the military. Same for shooting and javelin.

If China does not like a particular 'Western' sport, then do not enter. Simple as that. After all, the Olympics has its origins from Greece and last I checked the map, Greece is nowhere near Asia, let alone China. But if China chose to enter a Western event, like basketball, then compete according to the rules and do not complain, like you guys did here before the thread was cleaned up.

https://defence.pk/threads/u-s-mens-olympic-basketball-team-routs-china-by-57-points-119-62.443031/

https://defence.pk/threads/u-s-mens...y-57-points-119-62.443031/page-2#post-8552046

https://defence.pk/threads/u-s-mens...y-57-points-119-62.443031/page-2#post-8552331

No one forced China to compete in the Olympics. If China do not enter the Olympics, it does not mean no one will invest in China or bar Chinese tourists from entering his country.

The creator of the thread that you quoted is a mega troll and it was a childish provocation

why dont you start a thread on american viets in the rio olympics or american communist viets in the rio olympics or communist viet in the rio olympics or non-communist viets in the rio olympics to relieve yourselves there please

Chinese synchronized swimming duo advances into final

(chinadaily.com.cn) Updated: 2016-08-16 07:32

d8cb8a515758191c956b0f.jpg

d8cb8a515758191c93db0a.jpg

Chinese duo Huang Xuechen and Sun Wenyan display their technical routines at the Maria Lenk Aquatics Centre, Rio de Janeiro during the women's synchronized swimming qualifications of the Rio Olympics on Aug 15, 2016. The Chinese duo entered the final as the runners-up with 191.4355 points. [Photo by Wei Xiaohao/chinadaily.com.cn]

China's synchronized swimming team reveals its talent in tune
By Sun Xiaochen and Zhan Qianhui (chinadaily.com.cn)Updated: 2016-08-17 13:02

ap_rio_olympics_synchronized_swimming_84378700.jpg

f8bc126e4b4e191e356704.jpg

China's Huang Xuechen (left) and Sun Wenyan pose with their silver medal after the synchronized swimming duet free routine at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, August 16, 2016. [Photo by Wei Xiaohao/chinadaily.com.cn]

Chinese synchronized swimming team shows its top-level ability once again and is confident of shaking Russian dominance after Huang Xuechen and Sun Wenyan won a silver medal in duet synchronized swimming at Rio Olympics.

The Chinese pair got second highest score of 192.3688 with their performance in free and technical routines, following the Russian champions' 194.9910 points. It is also the team's best result at Olympic Games.

The coach, Mayuko Fujiki from Japan, has added some innovative changes in movement arrangement and music, making the show more powerful and with stronger artistic attraction.

"What we want to show is aspiration. The adding of Chinese elements such as Peking Opera expresses our aspiration for a better life and a better result," Sun Wenyan said.

Russian pair Natalia Ishchenko and Svetlana Romashina claimed the gold medal with their perfect performance, maintaining Russia's streak of gold medals in this event since the Sydney Olympics in 2000. Japan's Yukiko Inui and Risako Mitsui came third with 188.0547.

Like China's dominance in table tennis, Russia has been an unbeatable legend in synchronized swimming for a long time. The European country's comprehensive advantage in technique, execution and artistic expression is hard to go beyond in short run. And the two Chinese girls are very clear about the status quo.

"We are pretty satisfied with our show and we didn't let the Russian's high score affect us. We just wanted to do our best," Huang Xuechen said, adding that movement arrangements and execution play a key role in surpassing the Russian.

"We still need to make breakthroughs in the free routine program as we are pretty close to them in the technical routine. And improvements in movement execution are also needed," said Huang.

"We have always dreamt to beat Russia and we hope to do better four years later. The arrangement of Chinese elements is aimed to highlight Chinese culture and distinguish ourselves from the Russian," said Sun Wenyan expressings her desire to be No 1.

The bronze medalists, the Japanese team, also made great achievements and showed their goal for 2020 Tokyo Olympics after Masayo Imura, former Chinese team's head coach, returned to Japan.

"We made our progress step by step under the guidance of coach Imura. Now that she has returned to Japan, we are pretty sure about what she will bring to Japanese team," Sun said

Imura helped Chinese team win a bronze medal in duet synchronized swimming and silver medal in team's duet synchronized swimming at London Olympics four years ago.

"The next Olympic Games will be held in Japan and the Japanese have more impetus than us as they are eager to have a better result at their home land. We just need to do our best, keep calm and carry on," Huang Xuechen said.

Last edited:
CHINA WOMEN BEAT GERMANY TO CLAIM TABLE TENNIS GOLD
  • OW WHY THEY ARE THE MASTERS OF TABLE TENNIS ON 16 AUGUST WITH A RESOUNDING WIN OVER GERMANY TO TAKE THE WOMEN’S TEAM GOLD.
2016-08-16-Table-Tennis-women-thumbnail.jpg

2016-08-16-Table-Tennis-women-inside-01.jpg

2016-08-16-Table-Tennis-women-inside-02.jpg

2016-08-16-Table-Tennis-women-inside-03.jpg

2016-08-10-Table-Tennis-Women-single-inside-02.jpg

In a 3-0 whitewash (3-0, 3-0, 3-1) that lasted just one-and-a-half hours, China’s Li Xiaoxia and Liu Shiwen used booming smashes and prodigious spin shots to overcome Han Ying and Petrissa Solja of Germany without dropping a game in the opening singles matches.

Germany showed a little resistance in the doubles match when they took the third game but Liu and her partner Ding Ning soon regained control to complete a resounding victory.

“Losing that game made the competition more anxious and exciting, but of course I didn’t want to lose any game,” Liu said.

GETTY IMAGES

Despite the lop-sided manner of the defeat, the silver represents the best-ever result for Germany in women’s table tennis after the country had failed to win a medal of any kind until they defeated Japan in a four-hour marathon in the semi-finals.

“The fact that we won one game makes us happy,” said Germany’s Han. “Skills-wise the gap between us and China is simply too big, so this is the first time I’ve not felt pressure while playing a match. It was just about enjoying table tennis,” she said.

GETTY IMAGES

China has won 26 out of 30 golds awarded in table tennis since the sport joined the Olympic program in 1988, claiming gold and silver in both singles events in Rio so far and being favourites to win the men’s team title as well. The country has now won 22 of the last 23 available gold medals in table tennis.

The women’s team head coach, Kong Linghui, said that while the journey to the title this year had been relatively smooth and relaxing, they were already planning for Tokyo 2020, where they expect the young and highly promising Japanese team to become a greater threat.

GETTY IMAGES

“We are still talking to the current team about whether they will be able to continue to 2020. If we send a completely new team then it will be a tough battle,” he said as he looked ahead to the next Olympic challenge.

Fifteen-year-old Mima Ito of Japan became the youngest-ever Olympic table tennis medallist after she helped her team to clinch the bronze medal earlier in the day, easing to victory over Singapore’s Feng Tianwei to secure a 3-1 win. The bronze was Japan’s second medal in a women’s event in table tennis at the Olympic Games after it claimed silver in the same event four years ago.

T

Badminton

Men's Single
Quater Final Match

Lin Dan beat Srikanth Kidambi (India) 2-1

:china:

In another Quarter Final Match

Chen Long vs Son Wan Ho (S Korea)

im looking at the olympic medal count and the UK is only 1 medal away from China's total medal count! that's amazing!

im looking at the olympic medal count and the UK is only 1 medal away from China's total medal count! that's amazing!

Yes it is. They spent a lot and worked hard during the London games and the benefits are still lingering 4 years on. I still think that China will come out with second place.

China takes 1st wrestling medal in Rio
Xinhua, August 18, 2016

The Chinese team won their first wrestling medal at the Rio Olympic Games through 2013 world champion Sun Yanan when Japan bagged all three women's titles on Wednesday.

b8aeedd12cd9191f4ac001.jpg

Chinese wrestler Sun Yanan is interviewed after a competition at the Rio Olympic Games on August 17, 2016. [Photo: weibo.com]

Sun walked away with a bronze in women's freestyle 48kg after she made quick work of two-time world medalist Zhuldyz Eshimova of Kazakhstan in the bronze medal match in the afternoon.

The 23-year-old Chinese spent just 54 seconds executing a four-point lift and three gut wrenches to end the match 10-0.

"I am happy to have a medal but I really want the gold. It hit me hard when I lost in the semifinals where I did have a chance, because I know well about Eri Tosaka," Sun said through sobs.

Sun jumped to a 2-0 lead in the semifinal against three-time world champion Tosaka, whom Sun beat in this year's Asian Championships. But Tosaka came back with a takedown and three straight turns off a leg lace to win 8-3 and advance to the final where the Japanese edged Mariya Stadnik of Azerbaijan 3-2 for her first Olympic gold.

Elitsa Yankova of Bulgaria took the second bronze medal by winning a tight battle over Patricia Bermudez of Argentina.

In the 58kg final, 10-time world champion and three-time defending champion Kaori Icho won in dramatic fashion, scoring a takedown off a single leg in the closing seconds on Valeria Koblova of Russia to win 3-2 and become the first-ever four-time Olympic wrestling champion.

Sakshi Malik became India's first ever Olympic medalist in women's wrestling as she beat Aisuluu Tynybekova of Kyrgyzstan 8-5 to win a bronze while Marwa Amri gave Tunisia its first medal in wrestling in any style, beating former world champion Yuliya Ratkevich from Azerbaijan 6-3 in the first bronze medal match.

Sara Dosho came from behind to beat former Olympic champion Natalia Vorobieva of Russia 2-2 on criteria, wrapping up a golden night for Japan.

Swede Jenny Fransson, a 2012 world champion, won her first Olympic medal by defeating Canada's Dorothy Yeats 2-1 and world No. 9 Elmira Syzdykova of Kazakhstan took the other bronze medal.

Rio boxing judges, referees removed after AIBA review

RIO DE JANEIRO (AFP) -

Amateur boxing's governing body said Wednesday an undisclosed number of referees and judges had been dropped from the Rio Olympics after "less than a handful of decisions not at the level expected".

http://m.france24.com/en/20160817-rio-boxing-judges-referees-removed-after-aiba-review

Gymnastics 'judges' were worse.....FAR WORSE!

Gymnastics and Boxing are the worst when it comes to judge bias because it is so close.

Back
Top Bottom