What's new

Ringing Bells to launch India's cheapest smartphone at Rs 251

mirage

Reaction score
Country
India

Ringing Bells to launch India's cheapest smartphone at Rs 251
Booking for the phone open on February 18 at 6am and close on 21 February at 8pm
Press Trust of India | New Delhi February 17, 2016 Last Updated at 10:30 IST

link-icon.png
email.jpg

1455699211-2256.jpg
Freedom251, Smartphone
Domestic handset maker Ringing Bells will launch India's most affordable smartphone for Rs 251 today evening, a move that is set to disrupt the growing handset market in the country.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikkar will launch the smartphone 'Freedom 251' in an event presided over by Dr. Murli Manohar Joshi.

Important specifications of the Freedom 251 include a 4-inch display, 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage (expandable up to 32GB), 3.2-megapixel back camera, 0.3-megapixel front camera, and a 1450mAh battery.

Bookings for the Freedom 251 open on February 18 at 6am and close on 21 February at 8pm. The company says deliveries will be completed by 30th June 2016.

The launch is in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision for "empowering India to the last person, transforming India's growth story", the Noida-based company said.

Established last year, Ringing Bells will start with the assembly of handsets in Phase-I and aims at full indigenous development of the feature-rich smartphones, it said.

It did not disclose any other details about manufacturing, products and pricing.

A new entrant in the Indian mobile phone market, Ringing Bells had launched one of India's cheapest 4G smartphone at Rs 2,999, recently. It has launched two other feature phones in the market.

India, one of the fastest growing smartphone markets globally, is poised to overtake the US as the second-largest market in next few years.

In the last few months, global smartphone makers, including the likes of Xiaomi, Motorola and Gionee have commenced assembling their handsets in India, where the government is pushing local manufacturing through its Make in India initiative.

I was excited and wanted to but it for reading Manga but 4 inch screen turned me off :(

I was excited and wanted to but it for reading Manga but 4 inch screen turned me off :(
What were you expecting in RS 251 :o: Normally devices branded under such pricing are pathetic unless we are taking about subsidized stuff. I think any smartphone user wouldn't expect much from anything produced under such claims.

What were you expecting in RS 251 :o: Normally devices branded under such pricing are pathetic unless we are taking about subsidized stuff. I think any smartphone user wouldn't expect much from anything produced under such claims.
Yes, thats one way of solving the problem. Instead of increasing the earning capacity of ppl we end up decreasing the value of the goods. This phone will obviously land in dust bin quite soon. Instead of 4inch nonsense phone they could have just sold a monchrome phone similar to nokia 1110 which would have made a lot of sense quality and usability wise.

3g smart phone: 251 rs
3g internet pack: 300rs:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

btw im ordering it too just to c what it is....i can b happy enough if i can use it for 1-2 months straight lol........251 rs damn 251rs lol:agree::agree:

They change the picture of the phone from their website.
Look like this now
nexus2cee_2016-02-17-09_43_49-Freedom-251-india-first-most-affordable-smartphone-by-ringing-bells.-668x314.png

Yes, thats one way of solving the problem. Instead of increasing the earning capacity of ppl we end up decreasing the value of the goods. This phone will obviously land in dust bin quite soon. Instead of 4inch nonsense phone they could have just sold a monchrome phone similar to nokia 1110 which would have made a lot of sense quality and usability wise.

This phone is meant for villagers. They are going to use this phone to access government services. It will be used to inform them about news that's going to play a part with their daily lives, like fishermen can get weather reports while they are at sea, farmers can access new farming techniques etc.

This phone is meant for villagers. They are going to use this phone to access government services. It will be used to inform them about news that's going to play a part with their daily lives, like fishermen can get weather reports while they are at sea, farmers can access new farming techniques etc.
Poor quality will lead to bad experience and lead to disenchantment with service.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom