What's new

Ringing Bells to launch India's cheapest smartphone at Rs 251

Anyone remember simputer?

I see this going the same way.

If its being subsidized, thats even worse.

How much is it being subsidized anyway?

Why announce this now instead of after India is making more OEM core electronics and chips/chipsets? If we are just assembling the cheapest chinese stuff out there and subsidizing it, thats a bad plan....unless this is just version 1 (hopefully).

We should only be serious about such things after this comes to fruition:

Govt plans $10 billion investment in two semiconductor plants - Livemint

I don't think combining smartphone with Tata Nano concept and then subsidizing it is a good idea.

Poor quality will lead to bad experience and lead to disenchantment with service.
True that! Inferior quality fones are a huge nuisance, THEY ARE GOOD FOR NOTHING. My domestic employee, bought one, manufactured by Pakistani brand Qmobile and even though it cost 5000 PKR. It is horrible to use, even he says that he will slam it in the wall and break it soon.

I actually think it is govt sponsored and subsidized. Touch wood on quality.
How much and how long can they keep giving subsidy? This is just another way of swindling money like mulayam singh yadavs laptops for all scheme.

How much and how long can they keep giving subsidy? This is just another way of swindling money like mulayam singh yadavs laptops for all scheme.

I suppose volumes will take care of costs of production.

How are villagers/poor people suppose to order this phone ONLINE ??? I guess this phone will have the same fate as Akash tablet. Kab aayi kab gayi kisi ko pata nahi chala.

Anyone remember simputer?

I see this going the same way.

If its being subsidized, thats even worse.

How much is it being subsidized anyway?

Why announce this now instead of after India is making more OEM core electronics and chips/chipsets? If we are just assembling the cheapest chinese stuff out there and subsidizing it, thats a bad plan....unless this is just version 1 (hopefully).

We should only be serious about such things after this comes to fruition:

Govt plans $10 billion investment in two semiconductor plants - Livemint

I don't think combining smartphone with Tata Nano concept and then subsidizing it is a good idea.

If this is the case, please don't blame Chinese for "cheap Chinese stuff". :partay:

Anyone succeeded in making an order? I am being redirecting back to the order page again and again after click pay now button... I want to buy 10 :D

_1b4f5a2c-d46c-11e5-b369-6a1e536aef0c.png

??

SIte is Down.. They are into maintenance now ..

For 251 rupees, they are giving a year warranty too.

Now I am thinking to buy one, even if it runs 3-4 months.... I will be happy.

freedom251(dot)com

This is the website.

VISION
Empower citizens, even in the remotest rural and semi-urban centres of India, with the latest in digital technology at incredible affordable prices and cascade knowledge, news and current issues so that all experience the confidence of inclusive growth and equal opportunity - In short, innovative solutions for a Brighter tomorrow.

And a Notice.....

Dear friends, we are very greatefull for your enormous response and your kind patronage and would submit that as of now we receive approx 6 Lacs hits per second as a result of which due to your kind overwhelming response servers are over loaded.

We humbly submit that we are therefore taking a pause and upgrading the service and will revert within or before 24 hours.

Once again our respectfull thanks and gratitude for your support and patience. We look forward your return as soon as we are back online well within 24 hours.

20160217230356.jpg

BTW Delivery in 4 months and shipping charges extra 40 Rupees.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom