What's new

Rimsha case: Imam masjid, Khalid Jadoon held

Even in that case, don't you think that her arrest has actually saved her from being lynched by a pack of illiterate hooligans?

Thats what the police says now.
But it may be true,may not be...as there is a factor of 'error in law' by the police...
As many news channels reported , it was 'noorani qaeda'.....so the laws in place for protection of our holy book dont apply here anyway.
Pakistan and pakistanis are very strict when it comes to handling Quran and protecting Quran....even more strict than Arabs...

if proved guilty, than he should be severely punished for framing a little girl, tampering with the evidence, providing false info and causing a great deal of embarrassment to Pakistan & people... we must not let him walk free.... this guy is an embarrassing to us

if proved guilty, than he should be severely punished for framing a little girl, tampering with the evidence, providing false info and causing a great deal of embarrassment to Pakistan & people... we must not let him walk free.... this guy is an embarrassing to us

There is no embarrasment in making laws to protect a holy book..
Its similar to copyright laws and criminal damage,a mix of both.
And every country has similar laws about one thing or another..
If Pakistan has these laws about Quran,nothing to be ashamed of..
But here,there are many question marks,including the girls age and the court should do their job in punishing the guilty party.

There is no embarrasment in making laws to protect a holy book..
Its similar to copyright laws and criminal damage,a mix of both.
And every country has similar laws about one thing or another..
If Pakistan has these laws about Quran,nothing to be ashamed of..
But here,there are many question marks,including the girls age and the court should do their job in punishing the guilty party.

read my words again.... i clearly said " this guy is an embarrassment to us" :)

Even in that case, don't you think that her arrest has actually saved her from being lynched by a pack of illiterate hooligans?

The police arrest and publicity following it, ensures that the poor girl and her family will be hounded by same illetrate hooligans for atleast some part of their life...

295-B. Defiling, etc., of Holy Qur'an:
Whoever wilfully defiles, damages or desecrates a copy of the Holy Qur'an or of an extract therefrom or uses it in any derogatory manner or for any unlawful purpose shall be punishable with imprisonment for life

To be noted is 'wilfully' It seems the girl didn't do it wilfully as she is just a child, not mentally fit and was into the kind of job.
Infact those who throw pages of Noorani Qaida's in trash bin can be prosecuted according to the law. ( I don't think that you won't find any islamic pages in the any trash dumping yard)
While the Imam did it 'wilfully' so he can be prosecuted as per 295-B (life sentence) for desecrating an extract of Holy Quran and 505 ( 7 years) like to incite violence against any community

505 Statements conducing to public mischief:
(1) Whoever makes, publishes, or circulates any statement, rumour or report-
(c) with intent to incite, or which is likely to incite, any class or community of persons to commit any offence against any other class or community, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years and with fine

@ajtr
I don't think article 295 is about soft copies. And when you delete from your hard disk, it cannot be proven that you desecrated wilfully. :D :hang2:
Thats what you think.But the way 295-B leaves the loophole in laws itself that anyone desecration according to his/her own understanding.so you never know even if i'm acquitted by courts there is no guarantee that i would be acquitted by the vigilant public and wont meet the end like that of salman taseer through some mumtaz qadiri and after my death some lawyers will be garlanding my killer outside court itself..

I am just debating over the laws of the land..... I didnt make them, but as a citizen, I am obliged to respect them. Religious topics are banned, so you might wanna curb your enthusiastic intrigue here.
Sure you are obliged to respect the law of the land but when law becomes discriminatory then as a citizen its your duty to protest against the law and get it changed or removed.Like TADA became discriminatory law in india and vigilant citizen fought against it to get it removed.

Thats what you think.But the way 295-B leaves the loophole in laws itself that anyone desecration according to his/her own understanding.so you never know even if i'm acquitted by courts there is no guarantee that i would be acquitted by the vigilant public and wont meet the end like that of salman taseer through some mumtaz qadiri and after my death some lawyers will be garlanding my killer outside court itself..

Sure you are obliged to respect the law of the land but when law becomes discriminatory then as a citizen its your duty to protest against the law and get it changed or removed.Like TADA became discriminatory law in india and vigilant citizen fought against it to get it removed.

Paranoia has no limits,and a severely paranoid person shouldnt leave house without adult supervision....applies to you..

The law is fine and nothing wrong with it..
Which law isnt used to disadvantage? All are.

Paranoia has no limits,and a severely paranoid person shouldnt leave house without adult supervision....applies to you..

She means this law is fine only with the Muslims....Not other pakistanis.........
otherwise please include Holy books of other religions too in the blasephmey law

She means this law is fine only with the Muslims....Not other pakistanis.........
otherwise please include Holy books of other religions too in the blasephmey law

Muslims never burn or throw in garbage or in any other way disrespect other religions holy books..
Too many 'proud' pastors burning Quran in USA and elsewhere but mot a single case if muslim scholor burning bible.....so thats the differene between their level and ours.

Advice to blasmphemy case victims file counter cases against those who accuse you .. Excellent work one done many more to go

@sarfiz
if you or your 11 year old comes to recieving end of this law you will realise how great this law is

295-B. Defiling, etc., of Holy Qur'an:
Whoever wilfully defiles, damages or desecrates a copy of the Holy Qur'an or of an extract therefrom or uses it in any derogatory manner or for any unlawful purpose shall be punishable with imprisonment for life

To be noted is 'wilfully' It seems the girl didn't do it wilfully as she is just a child, not mentally fit and was into the kind of job.
Infact those who throw pages of Noorani Qaida's in trash bin can be prosecuted according to the law. ( I don't think that you won't find any islamic pages in the any trash dumping yard)
While the Imam did it 'wilfully' so he can be prosecuted as per 295-B (life sentence) for desecrating an extract of Holy Quran and 505 ( 7 years) like to incite violence against any community

505 Statements conducing to public mischief:
(1) Whoever makes, publishes, or circulates any statement, rumour or report-
(c) with intent to incite, or which is likely to incite, any class or community of persons to commit any offence against any other class or community, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years and with fine

@ajtr
I don't think article 295 is about soft copies. And when you delete from your hard disk, it cannot be proven that you desecrated wilfully. :D :hang2:

All this is fair if someone willfully desecrates a holy book in public knowingly and purposely, a child who is a christian and most probably an illiterate going by her mental constitution does not deserve to be in jail or be tried. People who do not know urdu might just throw pieces of paper in the trash can, if for example I am in Pakistan and not knowing what's written in the piece of paper that is in my hands and I crumple it and throw it in a trash bin I am sure some nutcase will start attacking me and have me arrested.

Muslims never burn or throw in garbage or in any other way disrespect other religions holy books..
Too many 'proud' pastors burning Quran in USA and elsewhere but mot a single case if muslim scholor burning bible.....so thats the differene between their level and ours.

Not by scholars but by nutcases - they exist in all religious groups.

Muslim Desecrates Bible in Pakistan to 'Avenge' Quran Burning
Muslims Burning Bibles - Atlas Shrugs
Answering Muslims: Iran Launches Bible-Burning Campaign

Na .. I wont argue for sake of argument .. I only argue to satisfy my conscience ..if religion shifts its base from sympathy to intolerance due to misinterpretation you should not support it for sake of religion .. You are doing disservice to it

how about the paranoid crowd eager to see Blasphemy in anything according to its own varying interpretation due to loophole in the law itself.

What you call as my paranoia is as valid a question as it can be.If salman Taseer can be declared as Blasphemer and killed subsequently just for saying that the lady must get fair trial then i have to be more worried about with the copy of Quran on my hard drive.

By the i wonder the judge who sentenced Mumtaz Qadiri did return to pakistan or not from haj.

Pakistan's blasphemy laws have left even judges in fear of their lives

If this is the situation of Judges then i've to be paranoid about blasphemy.after all jaan to sabhi ko pyari hoti hai.where i'll run away then...????back to india.....?

No. What i mean is law is discriminatory to everyone.Btw if you look at statistics more muslims were prosecuted under blasphemy law than the other religion people.What i really mean is that this law must go in its all entirety.

How can you explain more muslims were prosecuted under blasphemy law than minorities in pakistan then.

Back
Top Bottom