What's new

Rifles for F-INSAS.

SCARs are a maintenance nightmare just as the good old M4.

How should I put this, I don't trust the government agencies with F-INSAS program. I am more in favor of private agencies, and I know that private agencies are working in the project, its just that I think they should just give the whole project to private agencies and make them fight for the order, it will give us a better result rather than the delays of the state run agencies.

Private Cos can't make guns yet, not allowed. Everything else is private. The BP jackets and helmets come from MKU, Tata or Starwire, the computer, I'm not sure, the scopes fro Tata, everything is slowly getting private.

Isn't scar mainly used by SF, and I don't think even the US military uses SCAR for its regular infantry?:undecided:

The full-form of SCAR is Special Operation Forces Combat Assault Rifle. It is purely meant for SOFs. Yet it is participating in the tender to replace/supplement M4 in the army.

SCARs are a maintenance nightmare just as the good old M4.

In 2007 Dust Test, ten rifles of eeach kind, i.e. 10 M4s, 10 SCARs, and 10 HK416, fired 6000 rounds each, a total of 60000 rounds per rifle.

The M4 stopped 882 times, and SCAR stopped 226 times, and HK416 stopped 233 times. So if SCAR is a nightmare, the M4 is a much worse nightmare.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom