What's new

Rickshaw puller in Dhaka earns Tk 6,300 per month: JICA study

I am inclined to agree that the 20 million is an over exaggerated figure. I would put it somewhere around a 100 million! Lol....im just kidding. I think the figure is probably around 9 to 10 million. Oh and almost all of them are "bangladeshis". Couple of those guys who build our church building regularly send money to bangladesh.

This is also another guess for you 9-10 million.... but would like to thank you as sense has started to prevail in to the mind of bhartis.... we all know a certain portion of hindus did not return after 1971 war... from India and the number of muslim was very small portion of that.... but no where it would be 10 million... may be 2 to 3 million at best at present figure what was published by indias census report....

But all of those hindus are there with backing of the hindu politicians and even BJP has asked to give them citizenship....

So, from next time stop this ranting like Bangladeshis are migrating to india illegally.... n if i need to take your point 10 million it is still around 7% of total bd population.... no such drop has been observed in total bd population...

So, now come up with new logic....

Well, I am still not convinced that rickshaw puller in dhaka earning good money means no illegal immigration to India. The number of rickshaw puller that can do business in Dhaka is quite small compared to population in bang'desh. Also, as the article says they earn much more than garment factory workers and even some govt officials. Which means vast majority of bang poor earn much less. That does not prove that there is illegal migration, but it definitely does not prove the opposite.

Next time publish it as a news item, and try to draw logical conclusion. I will hate to see an article on bang version of "Who wants to be a millionaire" posted to prove that bangs are rich and illegal migration is all false propaganda.

For 2 reasons:

1. To show the bhartis that there is no reason for bd people to go to india to be a rickshaw puller and house maid as claimed by the bhartis as they are already earning a big amount of money...

2. To show the bhartis it is not bd but the bhartis are the biggest problem in the world related to illegal migration...

Point to be noted so far bhartis did not provided any proof o bd that there are such a huge amount of illegal bd immogrants in India... n whatever there are are mostly due to 1971 war and majority of them are hindus... THis is radical hindu groups and parties those who start this ranting just before election specially in the places where they can understand that they have no chance to win...

b0a1623a3b0453a6217123a.jpg

Well, I am still not convinced that rickshaw puller in dhaka earning good money means no illegal immigration to India. The number of rickshaw puller that can do business in Dhaka is quite small compared to population in bang'desh. Also, as the article says they earn much more than garment factory workers and even some govt officials. Which means vast majority of bang poor earn much less. That does not prove that there is illegal migration, but it definitely does not prove the opposite.

Next time publish it as a news item, and try to draw logical conclusion. I will hate to see an article on bang version of "Who wants to be a millionaire" posted to prove that bangs are rich and illegal migration is all false propaganda.

Rickshaw pullers are not there only in Dhaka but all across Bangladesh along with that auto rickshaw drivers... many poor people when they move to city they at first take this job.... n the income mentioned here is average income but hard working rickshaw puller earn 14300 taka and this is 2 year old history... now it has risen more...

Now let me remind you something you bhartis....

1. From where this illegal migration are happening and what your BSF were doing???? Were they drunken or taking bribe at a mass scale...

2. I have openly challenged you bhartis to show me proof that any given point total population of bd has decreased... as it is claimed by the radical extremist hindu politicians that 20 million Bangladeshi migrated to India.... this amount is 12.5% of the total bangladeshi population... This is the lit mass test of the illegal migration claim... If you can proof it that bd population has decreased due to illegal migtation and I will accept it or just shut up and do not post irritating stuff.

Now if your ego is hurt like your fellow bharti member "abir" you can report my post as he was offended as I said Indian Optimist idiot and foolish but failed to refute my claim but in reality the main reason was I have busted his claim that Indian rickshaw puller charge 15 rupee per kilo meter where as even AC taxi cab does not charge that...

This is also another guess for you 9-10 million.... but would like to thank you as sense has started to prevail in to the mind of bhartis.... we all know a certain portion of hindus did not return after 1971 war... from India and the number of muslim was very small portion of that.... but no where it would be 10 million... may be 2 to 3 million at best at present figure what was published by indias census report....

But all of those hindus are there with backing of the hindu politicians and even BJP has asked to give them citizenship....

So, from next time stop this ranting like Bangladeshis are migrating to india illegally.... n if i need to take your point 10 million it is still around 7% of total bd population.... no such drop has been observed in total bd population...

So, now come up with new logic....

well, maybe the whole friggin 7% of your population is living and working in india. And please learn to spell.

Is it our fault that you guys reproduce like rabbits? :P Kidding, kidding

Just go and check who reproduce like rabbit... birth rate of bd is less then the bhartis.. it is the bhartis who are reproducing like rabbit... Even having less birth rate BD population has never decreased... so if 20 million illegal migrants went to India is really a true story do not you think that there should have been a reflection of it in the total bangladeshi population???? And why none of your government has never raised the issue to Bangladesh and only start ranting during the time of election... N how come 20 million Bangladeshi went to India and what was your BSF doing.... 20 million means daily around 1400 people went to India in the last 40 year... do you think this number is logical... If true then you should abolish your useless BSF which can not even control this much mass flow daily ... then what is the purpose of keeping this force...??

Rickshaw pullers are not there only in Dhaka but all across Bangladesh along with that auto rickshaw drivers... many poor people when they move to city they at first take this job.... n the income mentioned here is average income but hard working rickshaw puller earn 14300 taka and this is 2 year old history... now it has risen more...

Now let me remind you something you bhartis....

1. From where this illegal migration are happening and what your BSF were doing???? Were they drunken or taking bribe at a mass scale...

2. I have openly challenged you bhartis to show me proof that any given point total population of bd has decreased... as it is claimed by the radical extremist hindu politicians that 20 million Bangladeshi migrated to India.... this amount is 12.5% of the total bangladeshi population... This is the lit mass test of the illegal migration claim... If you can proof it that bd population has decreased due to illegal migtation and I will accept it or just shut up and do not post irritating stuff.

Firstly its litmus test not lit mass test, don't mind the correction. Secondly this figure of 20 Million as claimed by some political parties in India, is not for one month or one year. Its for the past 40 years. No one has ever said that all the 20 Million migrated within a year. Thats why you don't see the drastic change in Bangladeshi population, cause the migration has been gradual. Maybe the population growth rate of Bangladesh is more than what every thinks it is, but it shows up less due to the migration? So your argument is flawed like ours.

Now if your ego is hurt like your fellow bharti member "abir" you can report my post as he was offended as I said Indian Optimist idiot and foolish but failed to refute my claim but in reality the main reason was I have busted his claim that Indian rickshaw puller charge 15 rupee per kilo meter where as even AC taxi cab does not charge that...

And as far Rickshaw charging 15 Rs/Km I wouldn't be surprised. Mind you in India rickshaws are only used for distances of 1 or 2 Kilometers. Wheres the AC taxis travel longer distance. So 15Rs/Km for a rickshaw isn't more expensive than 15Rs/Km for a taxi. If thats what you were trying to get at.
:enjoy:

well, maybe the whole friggin 7% of your population is living and working in india. And please learn to spell.

Do not talk foolish.... if 7% people are working and living in India then there should be 7% people less in the total Bangladeshi population but no such decrease has been observed... year on year census of total Bangladeshi population is there... show me where Bangladeshi population decreased if such a huge amount of people went to India illegally???

Firstly its litmus test not lit mass test, don't mind the correction. Secondly this figure of 20 Million as claimed by some political parties in India, is not for one month or one year. Its for the past 40 years. No one has ever said that all the 20 Million migrated within a year. Thats why you don't see the drastic change in Bangladeshi population, cause the migration has been gradual. Maybe the population growth rate of Bangladesh is more than what every thinks it is, but it shows up less due to the migration? So your argument is flawed like ours.

Stupidity knows no bounds of the bhartis... 20 million is not a small number that even it happened in 40 years it should have a reflection in the total Bangladeshi population.... N regarding Bangladeshi birth rate it has decreased just recently... even few years back it was more then 3 children per woman and I think it is higher then India... so low birth rate has virtually has no Impact on population... So next time come here with some new idea and regarding low fertility rate it has been consistent by many orgs then it has been reduced... So keep your guess with you.... and come here with some new idea....

And as far Rickshaw charging 15 Rs/Km I wouldn't be surprised. Mind you in India rickshaws are only used for distances of 1 or 2 Kilometers. Wheres the AC taxis travel longer distance. So 15Rs/Km for a rickshaw isn't more expensive than 15Rs/Km for a taxi. If thats what you were trying to get at.

Do not be foolish here... I personally know how cheap the people of Kolkata are... N you are saying that they will spend 15 rupee only for 1 kilometer instead of walking... Last time when my cousin went to India for vacation he came across a man who used to take mutiple route and walk to save only 10 paisa.... When my dad went to kolkata for government inspection visit ... the indian representative advised my dad to buy matches when my dad was looking to buy a lighter as matches is cheap... for the sake of argument even if we accept that rickshaw puller charge 15 rupee for 1 or 2 kilo meter distance only it should have been said so instead giving a random figure to reflect it as a universal figure...

Do not talk foolish.... if 7% people are working and living in India then there should be 7% people less in the total Bangladeshi population but no such decrease has been observed... year on year census of total Bangladeshi population is there... show me where Bangladeshi population decreased if such a huge amount of people went to India illegally???

Some 10+ million indians are overseas, can you show me a 10 million drop in indias population graph in any one year? Of course not, the immigratoion happens over time.

12 lakh Bangladeshis missing after entering India: BSF - Express India

If 12 lakh have gone missing after entering legally...

Check out the demography change in many districts in assam, that change is NOT possible by birth rate alone.

I don't have any data on the numbers though, other than various estimates.

Some 10+ million indians are overseas, can you show me a 10 million drop in indias population graph in any one year? Of course not, the immigratoion happens over time.

12 lakh Bangladeshis missing after entering India: BSF - Express India

If 12 lakh have gone missing after entering legally...

Check out the demography change in many districts in assam, that change is NOT possible by birth rate alone.

I don't have any data on the numbers though, other than various estimates.

10 million number in 1.2 billion people and 20 million in 150 million people is not the same thing.... this number is almost 15% which is quite big to be ignored or not be detected....

I just asked you couple of simple questions.... when this huge number of people were entering India what your BSF were doing??? And do you think 1400 people are entering India is a logical number for the last 40 years is a logical number????

N will you tell me if 15% of India suppose suddenly disappear by going to mars or trying to become illegal citizen in other country (as India is the biggest prob in the world regarding Illegal migration) it will not have any affect on the demography or it will not be detected????

N I do not reply on any bharti news source ... which has a very less credibility when it promote propaganda of radical hindu politicians during the time of election to rant on the muslims to gain some hindu vote bank that 20 million bangladeshis are living in India illegally!!!

N regarding Assam bengalis are living there for centuries and socio economic structure of assam is backward then Bangladesh... then why should bd people need to go there....????

N thank you very much for reporting my post... now will you tell me in which part you were offended so that I can debunk your ego???

Truth and reality of the bharti rickshaw puller has been revealed here... Now after reading this if any bhartis has little bit shame he will not try to rant here...

Problems of Rickshaw Pullers.

Problems of Rickshaw Pullers.

Posted Date: 13 Jun 2010 Resource Type: Articles/Knowledge Sharing Category: General
Author: Aparna Member Level: Gold
Rating: 3 out of 53 out of 53 out of 5 Points: 15 (Rs 15)

The problems faced by the Rickshaw Pullers in their day to day life is discussed here.

The problems faced by the Pullers

A.1. The main problem faced by the pullers is economic. These are
• The main problem is, puller have to face the increasing cost of daily commodities. So they have to work more to adjust with this increasing rate. One of the puller have said that he have to earn Rs.200 a day because of this increasing price of commodities. So, he has to pull the rickshaw all the day to earn this amount of money. And this case is applicable for the maximum rickshaw pullers. This can be affect on their health negatively.
• The pullers who pull owners' rickshaw they have to pay the deposit ( 'joma' ) money. If any day he can not earn then there is no excuse, they have to pay the deposit money.

• In the days of bandh or in their illness, their income is nil. If this case happens they have to lend money.
• In a visit of a minister the rickshaws which are standing in the station have to leave the stand. Or they are compelled by police to do so. That day their income becomes low.
• The municipality rickshaw puller's face problem with the increasing rate of without plate rickshaw. That is why, the municipality rickshaw pullers get low rate of passengers.
• In case of any accident the pullers do not get compensations from any where. If the puller dies in accident then his family gets Rs.10, 000 from Government.
• The rickshaw pullers spend their earnings for food, shelter, health purposes and so on. Their income is not sufficient that they can fulfill all their needs.
• They all have loan and if they failed to give it. It has no solution and some times they have to sell their own rickshaw or land.
:
A.2 . Social and health problem:.

• Their living condition is not satisfactory. This affect on their health very much.

• They have the desire to educate their children but the economic condition and social environment are the main obstracles for good education.
• Another main problem is health problem. In hospital they do not get any other facilities. By the opinion survey the maximum of them have told that they face physical problem. They don't think about this because their family is dependent on them.
• They have no Sunday to relax. Throughout the year they work hard for sustaining.
A.3. Others:
• Government has not provided any step for them in regard to economy, social and health.
• There is a plan that auto service will start. Some of the pullers say that if they drive auto then they have to take training for 6 months. Then how they can manage for these days. Another group's opinion is that, if the rickshaw pullers get this type of work then they earn more and their development will be faster.

Now even after these bhartis claim that bangladeshi people are going to India illegally to become a rickshaw puller those who even had to work really hard to earn 200 rupee... n here we have even seen from some big mouth indian that rickshaw puller earn 15 rupee per kilo meter.... where as in Bangladesh 2 years back hard working rickshaw puller used to earn 14300 Taka which is much higher then the 200 rupee per day figure....

Back
Top Bottom