What's new

Rickshaw puller in Dhaka earns Tk 6,300 per month: JICA study

Truth and reality of the bharti rickshaw puller has been revealed here... Now after reading this if any bhartis has little bit shame he will not try to rant here...

Problems of Rickshaw Pullers.

Problems of Rickshaw Pullers.

Posted Date: 13 Jun 2010 Resource Type: Articles/Knowledge Sharing Category: General
Author: Aparna Member Level: Gold
Rating: 3 out of 53 out of 53 out of 5 Points: 15 (Rs 15)

The problems faced by the Rickshaw Pullers in their day to day life is discussed here.

The problems faced by the Pullers

A.1. The main problem faced by the pullers is economic. These are
• The main problem is, puller have to face the increasing cost of daily commodities. So they have to work more to adjust with this increasing rate. One of the puller have said that he have to earn Rs.200 a day because of this increasing price of commodities. So, he has to pull the rickshaw all the day to earn this amount of money. And this case is applicable for the maximum rickshaw pullers. This can be affect on their health negatively.
• The pullers who pull owners' rickshaw they have to pay the deposit ( 'joma' ) money. If any day he can not earn then there is no excuse, they have to pay the deposit money.

• In the days of bandh or in their illness, their income is nil. If this case happens they have to lend money.
• In a visit of a minister the rickshaws which are standing in the station have to leave the stand. Or they are compelled by police to do so. That day their income becomes low.
• The municipality rickshaw puller's face problem with the increasing rate of without plate rickshaw. That is why, the municipality rickshaw pullers get low rate of passengers.
• In case of any accident the pullers do not get compensations from any where. If the puller dies in accident then his family gets Rs.10, 000 from Government.
• The rickshaw pullers spend their earnings for food, shelter, health purposes and so on. Their income is not sufficient that they can fulfill all their needs.
• They all have loan and if they failed to give it. It has no solution and some times they have to sell their own rickshaw or land.
:
A.2 . Social and health problem:.

• Their living condition is not satisfactory. This affect on their health very much.

• They have the desire to educate their children but the economic condition and social environment are the main obstracles for good education.
• Another main problem is health problem. In hospital they do not get any other facilities. By the opinion survey the maximum of them have told that they face physical problem. They don't think about this because their family is dependent on them.
• They have no Sunday to relax. Throughout the year they work hard for sustaining.
A.3. Others:
• Government has not provided any step for them in regard to economy, social and health.
• There is a plan that auto service will start. Some of the pullers say that if they drive auto then they have to take training for 6 months. Then how they can manage for these days. Another group's opinion is that, if the rickshaw pullers get this type of work then they earn more and their development will be faster.

Now even after these bhartis claim that bangladeshi people are going to India illegally to become a rickshaw puller those who even had to work really hard to earn 200 rupee... n here we have even seen from some big mouth indian that rickshaw puller earn 15 rupee per kilo meter.... where as in Bangladesh 2 years back hard working rickshaw puller used to earn 14300 Taka which is much higher then the 200 rupee per day figure....

I agree with most above point although all you have done is google "problem rickshaw puller" and copy paste any link you got (does not matter whether it is personal opinion).
It also means rickshaw pullers in dhaka earning 6300 does not show actual picture of today. Food inflation has eaten away a part of their earnings too.
You can only argue that they are better off than garment workers in bangladesh.
No other logical conclusion.
BD people living in India is separate discussion, I dont see any logical conclusion from above.

I agree with most above point although all you have done is google "problem rickshaw puller" and copy paste any link you got (does not matter whether it is personal opinion).
It also means rickshaw pullers in dhaka earning 6300 does not show actual picture of today. Food inflation has eaten away a part of their earnings too.
You can only argue that they are better off than garment workers in bangladesh.
No other logical conclusion.
BD people living in India is separate discussion, I dont see any logical conclusion from above.

Are you dumb or just post without reading anything.... the article that I posted in this thread that said hard working rickshaw puller earn 14300 Taka per month and average earning is 6300 and even irregular rickshaw puller earn 3000 taka per month ... where as in India a rickshaw puller those who work all day and night had to struggle earning 200 rupee per day... n for the case of bangladesh this is 2 year old story ... now the income is much much higher then that... n regarding garments it is a different story... more then 90% garment workers are female... what ever they are earning is giving them the means to lead a life....

N The main reason for posting this thread is to debunk bharti claim which was made by some bharti member that bd people are migrating to India to be a rickshaw puller or becoming house maid.... n regarding house maid it is very very difficult to get house maid in bangladesh as majority of them are going to school or associated with garments ... n for even daily labor it is very difficult to get them... due to very high demand... so why should people go to poor India for an uncertain life risking his life????

Are you dumb or just post without reading anything.... the article that I posted in this thread that said hard working rickshaw puller earn 14300 Taka per month and average earning is 6300 and even irregular rickshaw puller earn 3000 taka per month ... where as in India a rickshaw puller those who work all day and night had to struggle earning 200 rupee per day... n for the case of bangladesh this is 2 year old story ... now the income is much much higher then that... n regarding garments it is a different story... more then 90% garment workers are female... what ever they are earning is giving them the means to lead a life....

N The main reason for posting this thread is to debunk bharti claim which was made by some bharti member that bd people are migrating to India to be a rickshaw puller or becoming house maid.... n regarding house maid it is very very difficult to get house maid in bangladesh as majority of them are going to school or associated with garments ... n for even daily labor it is very difficult to get them... due to very high demand... so why should people go to poor India for an uncertain life risking his life????

So now it is a comparison of Indian vs Bang rickshaw pullers right? And you want to compare that using a proper data generated by Japs ( for dhaka, not whole of BD) with a blog entry (about India perhaps).
Both are not even in same currency. 200 INR per day makes 6000 INR.
We can argue about which rickshaw puller is better off, if you can give a source which is equally good as generated by Japs.
However even then it neither proves nor disproves illegal migration to India.

Next time please do not use terms like "dumb" or "stupid" for opponents while arguing. Even if you are right, it only shows you lack the capability to argue.
Also please do not use phrases like "this is the greatest joke I heard". It will only show the lack of a sense of humor.

I dont know which other profession bd illegals go for, I have seen them as either collecting scrap metals/newspapers or selling small goods door to door ( har ek maal - 10 rs)

@Sami
Ok if rickshaw pullers earn so much , make every bangladeshi rickshaw puller u r per capita income will become highest in the world
Nuff said

Indians on this forum don't complain about BD immigrants to anyone.
You have been on this forum for quite a long time. You must have noticed that all this BD immigrant issue only comes up, when there are topics made regarding the killings on the border or the behavious of BSF or the construction of the border fence. Indians comment just to justify what our government does on the border. And we do criticize our polictos for doing vote bank politics when it comes to Bangladeshi migrants.

And once again no, no Indian hates the positive development in Bangladesh. As far as this topic is concerned you should have a look at the second post of this thread and then you ll realize where we are coming from.
:cheers:

:lol: joke of the century. Indians start complaining about presence of Bangladeshis in India and also come up with false claims of 20 million to 50 million illegal Bangladeshis whenever Bangladeshi brothers start pointing out Indian interference in Bangladesh

@Sami
Ok if rickshaw pullers earn so much , make every bangladeshi rickshaw puller u r per capita income will become highest in the world
Nuff said

Thisis not the argument whether we need to make every bangladeshi rickshaw puller or not but the argument and post which was made by different bhartis in different thread ... is absolutely nonsense and irrelevant... rickshaw puller charge is not much different in all across bangladesh ... even in other cities people use more rickshaw but living cost is much lower.... any new excuse????

@Sami
Nuff said

Stupid thinking. every market has own capacity of supply and demand. you can not just turn 100% population into Techies to raise per capita income just because they earn more

So now it is a comparison of Indian vs Bang rickshaw pullers right? And you want to compare that using a proper data generated by Japs ( for dhaka, not whole of BD) with a blog entry (about India perhaps).

whats Bang?? :what: do Indians have a Hindi word Bang for Bangladeshis ?? Sanskrit word, Tamil, Kanada?

Both are not even in same currency. 200 INR per day makes 6000 INR.
We can argue about which rickshaw puller is better off, if you can give a source which is equally good as generated by Japs.
However even then it neither proves nor disproves illegal migration to India.

Next time please do not use terms like "dumb" or "stupid" for opponents while arguing. Even if you are right, it only shows you lack the capability to argue.
Also please do not use phrases like "this is the greatest joke I heard". It will only show the lack of a sense of humor.

I dont know which other profession bd illegals go for, I have seen them as either collecting scrap metals/newspapers or selling small goods door to door ( har ek maal - 10 rs)

This is your responsibility not mine to come up with data for bharti rickshaw puller.... as it has been claimed by bhartis that bd illegal migrants are either rickshaw puller or house maid...

N here the issue is not which rickshaw puller is better off ... as I have shown in bd rickshaw puller earn at least a decent amount to live their lives . Then why should they go to poor India leaving their family members for an uncertain life with risking their life???? Now you have came up with more lower graded profession hawkers.... This only shows how propaganda and ranting of radical hindu politicians has covered all of your mind...

This is the bhartis for long claiming here and by extremist radical hindu politicians during election to rant against muslims to gain some hindu vote bank that 20 million bd people has migrated to India.... but to proof it I am asking a simple question where is the reduction of bd population for this??? N how come 20 million means 1400 people crossed Indian Border daily for the last 40 years...and what your brave BSF were and are doing??? Do not you think if this 20 million is really a truth then you should abolish this worth less org named BSF????

10 million number in 1.2 billion people and 20 million in 150 million people is not the same thing.... this number is almost 15% which is quite big to be ignored or not be detected....

I just asked you couple of simple questions.... when this huge number of people were entering India what your BSF were doing??? And do you think 1400 people are entering India is a logical number for the last 40 years is a logical number????

N will you tell me if 15% of India suppose suddenly disappear by going to mars or trying to become illegal citizen in other country (as India is the biggest prob in the world regarding Illegal migration) it will not have any affect on the demography or it will not be detected????

N I do not reply on any bharti news source ... which has a very less credibility when it promote propaganda of radical hindu politicians during the time of election to rant on the muslims to gain some hindu vote bank that 20 million bangladeshis are living in India illegally!!!

N regarding Assam bengalis are living there for centuries and socio economic structure of assam is backward then Bangladesh... then why should bd people need to go there....????

N thank you very much for reporting my post... now will you tell me in which part you were offended so that I can debunk your ego???

First, tone down your posts. your anger betrays your frustration

Second, the 12 lakh number is the official number backed by official documents. When BSF made this claim, can you show me the BD govt rejected it, because this is people who came through legal channels and then disappeared, not some guesswork.

Third, I've already said I don't have anything for the 20 mil no, i've never used it too. but I do have the 12 lakh missing official number, you can say its india source etc etc but that has no value in an argument, its just denial and shows your rigid mindset.

Fourth, yes bengalis have lived in Assam but in districts bordering BD their % has sky rocketed over the decades, this is not possible without immigration. this is from official census data, now you will say you don't believe indian census data, but want us to believe blog entries :)

Fifth, Why they come to Assam, for LAND. They have taken over and inhabited land. You must know there is scarcity of land in BD with population density of 1127 pr KM whereas Assams population density per km is 340, less than one third.

Sixth, your overstretched logic based on some random claim abt rikshaw pullers has more holes than swiss cheese. The rikshaw puller index is the new mcdonals index but for immigration??? its not, nice try but contradicted by reality on the ground.

Seventh, all those rants about hindu radicals and all, take it easy. yes they don't like illigal immigrants, but that does not refute the reality of immigrants, as i've experienced them first hand.

And last, you abused someone else, so i was not offended, i just reported the post because it was against forum rules. The mods here encourage that, and i'd encourage you to do that too.

This is your responsibility not mine to come up with data for bharti rickshaw puller.... as it has been claimed by bhartis that bd illegal migrants are either rickshaw puller or house maid...

N here the issue is not which rickshaw puller is better off ... as I have shown in bd rickshaw puller earn at least a decent amount to live their lives . Then why should they go to poor India leaving their family members for an uncertain life with risking their life???? Now you have came up with more lower graded profession hawkers.... This only shows how propaganda and ranting of radical hindu politicians has covered all of your mind...

This is the bhartis for long claiming here and by extremist radical hindu politicians during election to rant against muslims to gain some hindu vote bank that 20 million bd people has migrated to India.... but to proof it I am asking a simple question where is the reduction of bd population for this??? N how come 20 million means 1400 people crossed Indian Border daily for the last 40 years...and what your brave BSF were and are doing??? Do not you think if this 20 million is really a truth then you should abolish this worth less org named BSF????

Firstly millions took refuge in 71. a large proportion of aliens is from them.
Ans secondly they havent been crossing the border. Many of them come here legally and stay back.

Firstly millions took refuge in 71. a large proportion of aliens is from them.
Ans secondly they havent been crossing the border. Many of them come here legally and stay back.
1108845-godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_face_palm_epic_fail_demotivational_poster_1245384435_super.jpg

Indians on this forum don't complain about BD immigrants to anyone. You have been on this forum for quite a long time. You must have noticed that all this BD immigrant issue only comes up, when there are topics made regarding the killings on the border or the behavious of BSF or the construction of the border fence. Indians comment just to justify what our government does on the border. And we do criticize our polictos for doing vote bank politics when it comes to Bangladeshi migrants.

And once again no, no Indian hates the positive development in Bangladesh. As far as this topic is concerned you should have a look at the second post of this thread and then you ll realize where we are coming from.
:cheers:

:lol: joke of the century. Indians start complaining about presence of Bangladeshis in India and also come up with false claims of 20 million to 50 million illegal Bangladeshis whenever Bangladeshi brothers start pointing out Indian interference in Bangladesh

18,000 posts under your belt, but I guess expecting you to read the whole paragraph is too much to ask. You would rather just read a sentence from a paragraph and take it out of context . Joke of the century indeed. :cheers:

Stupidity knows no bounds of the bhartis... 20 million is not a small number that even it happened in 40 years it should have a reflection in the total Bangladeshi population.... N regarding Bangladeshi birth rate it has decreased just recently... even few years back it was more then 3 children per woman and I think it is higher then India... so low birth rate has virtually has no Impact on population... So next time come here with some new idea and regarding low fertility rate it has been consistent by many orgs then it has been reduced... So keep your guess with you.... and come here with some new idea....

Firstly 20 Million is not the Indian Government figure. Secondly, a lot of Bangladeshi immigrants bear kids when in India, who are also counted as illegals. So all the Bangladeshis didn't come from Bangladesh , some were born in India, but still they ll be considered illegal migrants cause their parents are. Thats how it is all over the world.

Even then, if for arguments sake lets just agree that in the past 40 years, 20 Million Bangladeshis came to India from Bangladesh. I ll break it down for you how and why you wont see an impact on the Population of Bangladesh.

First thing first, Population of Bangladesh is 166 Million, so 20 Million migrants equals12 %
Lets say country X has a population of 1000. 12% of 1000 migrate to Y over a period of 40 years. That is 120 people migrated to Y.

Now crude birth rate of X =24.68/1000 ,which incidentally is the same as birth rate of Bangladesh.

So in 40 years 24.68*40 kids were born. Thats 990 kids born in over 40 years.

Death rate of X= 8/1000, which incidentally is the same as death rate of Bangladesh.

in 40 years 8*40=320 people died.

So population of X after 40 years= (1000+990)-(120+320)=1550

Thats a growth rate of 1.162%, using I = (F / P) ^ (1 / T) - 1

So the population growth rate of country X after immigration is 1.162%, but the claimed growth rate is 1.292%

My calculation is a bit rough, but should prove whatever am trying to say.See how close these two growth rate figures are? So your argument that if 8.3% of the population of Bangladesh have migrated to India over 40 years, it would have a major effect on the Bangladesh population is wrong. Maybe the growth rate of Bangladesh would have been more than 1.292%, instead would have been 1.352% if it wasn't for the migration into India. I just have too much free time on my hand, but if you still don't get it , I give up.

P.S: If your reply is going to have words like"Bharti", "stupid" "idiotic" "joke" please don't bother replying then

Back
Top Bottom