What's new

Rickshaw puller in Dhaka earns Tk 6,300 per month: JICA study

BD is even poorer, and it's easier to get into India than US!

going to India for what??? to become a hawker or rickshaw driver??? I have said in my previous post it will not let him save anything or live a better life then bd... but they will have to leave their family for this uncertain life and risking their life...

N I think to become a hawkers people need some money to buy stuff.... and going to India is also a cost and obviously some extra money for uncertain life in the Indian cities.... so any people have that sort of money they can do business easily in Bangladesh and live a better life.... unless this are the hindus who are migrating to their bharat mata for spiritual reason ... and some of his Indian relatives showed him golden duck before coming to India as most of the hindus in Bangladesh has some relatives in India... N If this is the case then bd can not do anything as most of the hindu people goes to India with Indian political backing and some times of the BSF or by bribing them....

I would not go in to much details... but will give only one example... see the cars in the road of kolkata... mostly backdated and old model.... just see the same in Delhi and mumbai and even dhaka... difference will be just in front of you... Car is obviously a commodity ... it just shows the nature of spending of the people of different cities...

Ha ha ha ha.

Akmal, he is tempting me to post pictures and videos; not my fault, I aint flaunting! :p

going to India for what??? to become a hawker or rickshaw driver??? I have said in my previous post it will not let him save anything or live a better life then bd... but they will have to leave their family for this uncertain life and risking their life...

N I think to become a hawkers people need some money to buy stuff.... and going to India is also a cost and obviously some extra money for uncertain life in the Indian cities.... so any people have that sort of money they can do business easily in Bangladesh and live a better life.... unless this are the hindus who are migrating to their bharat mata for spiritual reason ... and some of his Indian relatives showed him golden duck before coming to India as most of the hindus in Bangladesh has some relatives in India... N If this is the case then bd can not do anything as most of the hindu people goes to India with Indian political backing and some times of the BSF or by bribing them....

From 1979, even Muslims started coming into India from Bangladesh. Between 1977 and April 1992, 2,35,529 Bangladeshis had tried to cross over into India but had been sent back by the BSF. Of them, 68,472 were Hindus while 1,64,132 were Muslims.

^That was as stated by Jyoti Bose officially.

According to Bangladesh's Census Report, the country had a population growth of over 2.4 per cent. It saw a decrease of more than six million voters within four years in the 1995 electoral roll. These missing voters and the increased number of voters during this period plus a disfranchised 20 lakh voters.
:whistle:

For your Info...

In 1991 voters stat is as below:

Fifth General Election, 1991

The election was held on 13 January 1991. Total number of voter=6,20,81,793; Cast votes=3,44,77,803 (55.45%); Valid casting votes=3,41,03,777; Reserved Women Seats=30

Seventh General Election, 1996

Total votes 5,67,16,935
Registered voters 74.96%

So total registered voters... 75662934... which is higher then the registered voter of 1991 6,20,81,793

N even casting voters are also high in 1996...

for 1991..

Cast votes=3,44,77,803 (55.45%)

Total votes 5,67,16,935

Source: Politics of Bangladesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So from where you have found your reduction of voters??? Next time come here with some valid logic....

Bangladeshis have kind of pre-economic liberalization era perception of India, where people only drive rickety ambies, drink coconut juice and go to zoo at weekend!! I think I read same kind of description of Kolkata in some novel also by a Bangladeshi writer.

Anyway sami, here's Calcutta traffic for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
From 1979, even Muslims started coming into India from Bangladesh. Between 1977 and April 1992, 2,35,529 Bangladeshis had tried to cross over into India but had been sent back by the BSF. Of them, 68,472 were Hindus while 1,64,132 were Muslims.

^That was as stated by Jyoti Bose officially.

Fine but is that number any where near to 20 million???? Even in recent time gogoi said that so far majority of the bangladeshi kigrants are hindus and they offered to give them Indian citizenship... so case closed... I hope it would be better from now not using the number 20 million... 3 to 4 million is the best figure considering the hindu migration mainly due to 1971 war and just after that... n muslims were a very tiny portion of that... 3-4 million is not 20 million.... and as hindu politicians wanted to give the hindus Indian citizenship ... so give it and close this chapter.... but killing innocent people in the border and supporting it and failure to accept the fact 1400 people crossed Indian border daily for the last 40 years... and bsf could not do anything about it... is nothing but a double standard and hypocrisy... Even this would be the performance of BDR it would have been abolished long ago...

For your Info...

In 1991 voters stat is as below:

Fifth General Election, 1991

The election was held on 13 January 1991. Total number of voter=6,20,81,793; Cast votes=3,44,77,803 (55.45%); Valid casting votes=3,41,03,777; Reserved Women Seats=30

Total votes 5,67,16,935
Registered voters 74.96%

So total registered voters... 75662934... which is higher then the registered voter of 1991 6,20,81,793

N even casting voters are also high in 1996...

for 1991..

Cast votes=3,44,77,803 (55.45%)

Total votes 5,67,16,935

Source: Politics of Bangladesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So from where you have found your reduction of voters??? Next time come here with some valid logic....

Bad in math, are we? :lol:

Extrapolate the figure with Bangladesh population growth and you will get the missing six million voters.

To make it easier for you, voters number didn't increase as much the population increased.

Bangladeshis have kind of pre-economic liberalization era perception of India, where people only drive rickety ambies, drink coconut juice and go to zoo at weekend!! I think I read same kind of description of Kolkata in some novel also by a Bangladeshi writer.

Anyway sami, here's Calcutta traffic for you.

Why posting night time video with only 2 or 3 cars... I think this video better described about kolkata cars... video was taken on 2010...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJqREjDHGUc

Another video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6K8Mb8MgAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Fine but is that number any where near to 20 million???? Even in recent time gogoi said that so far majority of the bangladeshi kigrants are hindus and they offered to give them Indian citizenship... so case closed... I hope it would be better from now not using the number 20 million... 3 to 4 million is the best figure considering the hindu migration mainly due to 1971 war and just after that... n muslims were a very tiny portion of that... 3-4 million is not 20 million.... and as hindu politicians wanted to give the hindus Indian citizenship ... so give it and close this chapter.... but killing innocent people in the border and supporting it and failure to accept the fact 1400 people crossed Indian border daily for the last 40 years... and bsf could not do anything about it... is nothing but a double standard and hypocrisy... Even this would be the performance of BDR it would have been abolished long ago...

1. I never said anything about 20 million people.

2. I presented the stat ranging from 77 - 92, well beyond liberation war.

Why posting night time video with only 2 or 3 cars... I think this video better described about kolkata cars... video was taken on 2010...

YouTube - Kolkata Traffic

say what, even the busiest place in prime time is heaven compared to dhaka traffic!!

Dhaka_traffic.jpg

No doubt Rickshaws are earning so much in Dhaka, there's no other mode of commute! :lol:

Sami accept it, you're busted, pawned, humiliated and now can't come up with a good excuse! I only hope this abject experience will help you to get over your fetish for rickshaws and garments workers.

Subho Ratri from my side! :lol:

say what, even the busiest place in prime time is heaven compared to dhaka traffic!!

No doubt Rickshaws are earning so much in Dhaka, there's no other mode of commute! :lol:

I think this guy pushes us every time till we say something bad about BD so that he could hate us more. He is irresistible. :lol:

This argument is meaningless. We know what is Dhaka and what is Calcatta. We know how are the people of there and here. We are superior in our mentality than them. And we know who are how much generous or miser. And what we know about ourself is enough for us. You can easily make them astonished showing only one packet of Benson. There was funny ad. where one Indian women bought only two litter of coke bottle and every one was asking Ghar main party hain keya, Ghar main party hain keya???!!!

This argument is meaningless. We know what is Dhaka and what is Calcatta. We know how are the people of there and here. We are superior in our mentality than them. And we know who are how much generous or miser. And what we know about ourself is enough for us. You can easily make them astonished showing only one packet of Benson. There was funny ad. where one Indian women bought only two litter of coke bottle and every one was asking Ghar main party hain keya, Ghar main party hain keya???!!!

wow man you guys smoke Benson, seriously! *faints*

background score :Beedi jalaile, jigar se piya .. :lol:

Okay I really need a smoke now! :P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom