What's new

Reusable hypersonic BRAHMOS should be developed: Dr. Kalam

When this kind of a tech(though not available) is shown in the Hollywood Movie TRANSFORMERS First Part, you guys clap and fart with your mouth but if some one tells that it is possible in reality you criticize. Grow up mate.

Are you retarded? The US already has Jet-powered drones, I was being sarcastic.

(PS..clap and fart with your mouth? In Asia this may be quite a cut-down, in English it makes you sound "special")

"Plans are going on to develop the advanced version of the weapon system that can travel at a speed of Mach 5 to 7."

What! Mach 5 to 7? Are they serious!!?? :blink:

At Mach 2, the current variant of the Brahmos is already the fastest cruise missile in the world.

"Plans are going on to develop the advanced version of the weapon system that can travel at a speed of Mach 5 to 7."

At Mach 2, the current variant of the Brahmos is already the fastest cruise missile in the world.

Thy have had drones with ram-jet capability for a while. Tho I have never heard of one able to deliver an independent warhead. (as in not part of the missle)

BrahMos II is a hypersonic cruise missile with a speed of Mach 5-7 that will make it the fastest cruise missile in the world beating Brahmos 1 :agree:

How a Missile could be a reusable one..?

If my memory serves me right, I attended a seminar a way back in India.Time was alloted to put some details about the developments going in this field.DRDO has ground tested Scramjet combustor for more than 20Sec in a series of tests.
This 20sec duration itself allows any hypersonic missile to do a more than 50km final phase flight at over Mach 7 speed.This means the missile will be a two stage and gathers O2 while it burns its 1st stage in low hypersonic flight.And the final stage( hypersonic stage) kicks off during the last 50km.
But this concept more works for Anti-ship targets than compared to land-based.
AShM cruising at Mach 7 technically has 49 times the punch power than any AShM flying at sub-sonic speeds( like Harpoon,...).The last 20 Sec flight will be sea skimming one, means giving less or no chance for the enemy to react.
Technically 20-50km is the maximum LOS for any ship against sea skimmers. So Brahmos-II might go for the same initially.

But there are some serious developments going on in other areas as well.DualmodeRamjet. This combines both Ramjet and scramjet technologies. A most like option for the so called RLV.

One presentation on this is as follows: Takes off from standard Runways with a booster rocket( akin to Lakshya).This booster burns out ataining supersonic speeds when the DMRJ kick starts. RLV cruises at high supersonic speeds gathering O2.When it reaches Target zone,ignites its scramjet and goes hypersonic, hits/drops the payload and takes a U turn then goes back to high supersonic using its Ramjet to reach its home base. This is fairly similar to ISRO concept, but the RLV either lands on a run-way or jumps into ocean.

Here we are clear that there are multiple developments on this hypersonic front. Its clear that DRDO RLV and Brahmos-II are diff.given that Brahmos-II is lighter than B-I and pack more punch (over 36-40 times more KE) will be settled down with a modest 300km range. But the Indian own hypersonic rocket will go beyond the 1000km barrier.

New materials have already been developed to extend the burn-out time from 20 sec to over a minute.And DMRJ will be ground tested soon with a little tinkering like going hypersonic-cooling down and then hypersonic again. This increases the range as well as the stability of the vehicle.

Infact we should be proud that we have 4 different projects going in parallel on this.(ISRO RLV,DMRJ,DRDO Hypersonic missile,Brahmos-II )

But you behaving like a 4.5 year Kid. You missed decimal as per your stupid and idiotic statement.

This discussion is on drones. I know that ram-jets drones have been tested at White Sands since my father was ADA. Do you have any knowledge to share? I'm fairly sure Singapore has no Test range for this.

Most idiotic comment seen in last 1 week. you should take care of your dumb idea to search WMD in Iraq. Although, you might not be american. :rofl:

Most braindead reply seen in last 1 month. You should take care of taking your foot out of your mouth so you don't look so stupid.

Are you retarded? The US already has Jet-powered drones, I was being sarcastic.

(PS..clap and fart with your mouth? In Asia this may be quite a cut-down, in English it makes you sound "special")

You do not have any operational UCAV's that have jet propulsion MQ reaper and Predators that exist now are only turbo fan propelled. The Predator 3 that you are referring is still under development and still needs perfection to reduce heat signature to avoid being targeted by a heat seeking missile.

Reusable launch vehicles to deliver weapons payload are being looked into by Indian defense research organizations. Although that is still in experimental stage.

If Kalam is saying this, then it could mean that atleast the idea might be at the drawing board stage and if the cost-benefit ratio is favorable, it might be looked into later. Think of it as a hypersonic drone that has Brahmos cruise missiles instead of hell fire missiles.

You do not have any operational UCAV's that have jet propulsion MQ reaper and Predators that exist now are only turbo fan propelled. The Predator 3 that you are referring is still under development and still needs perfection to reduce heat signature to avoid being targeted by a heat seeking missile.

Turbo-fan is a jet
(did you mean "turbo-prop?").

I bet you don't even possess the 1% of his mediocre knowledge. That's why you lick his azz like a god. For such a genius like you worship him, he couldn't even distinguish a plane and a missile. He must like it very much when the missile turns back and ram it into your head. Get a clue or shut up.

Its better if you just shut up.This year I have scored 95.6% marks in my class-10 board and I have a rank of 10th overall in India.as far as you are concerned your explaination is concerned you are a 150% genuine a**h*le.

Its better if you just shut up.This year I have scored 95.6% marks in my class-10 board and I have a rank of 10th overall in India.as far as you are concerned your explaination is concerned you are a 150% genuine a**h*le.

Congrats Bro!! Please stay in India only and contribute to the growth of motherland.
Regards

er...okay, back to the topic.

How does this "reusable" cruise missile work exactly? I have never heard of such term.

Back
Top Bottom