Return of British Airways showcased Pakistan’s stature at global stage:

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Return of British Airways showcased Pakistan’s stature at global stage:
Dr Christian Turner praises PM Imran for promoting tourism in the country

2172056-drchristianturner-1583697311.png

MANCHESTER: UK High Commissioner to Pakistan Dr Christian Turner has said that the return of British Airways and visit of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to Islamabad last year “showcased the relationship and beauty of Pakistan at a global stage”.

He made the remarks while addressing a ceremony on Pakistan-UK trade potential in Manchester on Saturday.

“In my first month as a High Commissioner I recommended a first significant change in the travel advice to Pakistan since 2015, to allow more Brits to visit Pakistan,” he told the audience.

The British envoy said that these steps will help change the misperceptions about Pakistan which are “based on elements of Islamophobia”.

Appreciating the Prime Minister Imran Khan-led government for promoting the tourism industry in the country. he said: “I commend the work of Imran Khan and his team and the PTI for doing a fantastic job promoting tourism.”

He added: “I will give an honest advice that this country is open for people to visit.”

He went on to say that cricket is at the heart of relationship between the two countries. “I have had the opportunity to face a few balls from Kumar Sangakkara in,” said the UK envoy referring to the recent visit of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) to Pakistan.

While discussing the economy, Dr Turner said that the economy is a key to Pakistan’s future and expressed hope that the 2020 will be the year of growth as the country is undertaking painful reforms under the IMF bailout package.

“There is no doubt that the economy is a key to Pakistan’s future. With 400 million people by 2050, the UK must support Pakistan’s self-financing way out of poverty, delivering jobs for 60% of the population that are under 30 years of age.”

Expressing confidence over the leadership of PM Imran, Dr Turner said despite political pressures the “PTI government is focusing on resolving the issues like inflation and food crisis”.

“I think we all need to get behind and support their economic growth agenda. The good news is that the UK is one of Pakistan’s top three trade partners. We are biggest trading partner in Europe and are only behind the US and China.”
Source

Advertisement

This is just throwing crumbs at Pakistan. After all it was the west that left us the taliban problem in afghanistan. Now they are pretending to be the great helpers.
Personally stay the f away. Trade fine....dont want your tourist here who will turn us eventually inti Thailand

This is just throwing crumbs at Pakistan. After all it was the west that left us the taliban problem in afghanistan. Now they are pretending to be the great helpers.
Personally stay the f away. Trade fine....dont want your tourist here who will turn us eventually inti Thailand
International Tourism contributed 25 b usd to the french economy last year. Controlled tourism is a good thing. Pakistan has negligible tourism versus its size. It's a low hanging economic growth fruit.

I don't think brother that this will be possible. We can never become that bey ghairat.

International Tourism contributed 25 b usd to the french economy last year. Controlled tourism is a good thing. Pakistan has negligible tourism versus its size. It's a low hanging economic growth fruit.
Bro....pakistanis travel a lot inside pakistan....I have done nothing but travel.inside Pakistan
Try finding hotels in peak season.

Bro....pakistanis travel a lot inside pakistan....I have done nothing but travel.inside Pakistan
Try finding hotels in peak season.
I deliberately quoted international french numbers. Their total including domestic is 70 b usd.

I didn't know that 25 billion amount for France, that's more than entire remittance Pakistan gets in a year. I do know that Paris is the most visited city in the world (can't understand what's so special about it tbh).

There must be something wrong with your figures. French must have earned quite a lot more than $25 billion a year. India with only 10 million tourists made $30 Billion.

"Forex earnings from inbound tourists rose 8.2% to Rs 2.2 lakh crore in the past year. The growth was 9.6% in 2018 and 15% in 2017, according to figures from the ministry and the Reserve Bank of India."

There must be something wrong with your figures. French must have earned quite a lot more than $25 billion a year. India with only 10 million tourists made $30 Billion.

"Forex earnings from inbound tourists rose 8.2% to Rs 2.2 lakh crore in the past year. The growth was 9.6% in 2018 and 15% in 2017, according to figures from the ministry and the Reserve Bank of India."
I took it from wikipedia, could be wrong.
"Tourism in France directly contributed 79.8 billion euros to gross domestic product, 30% of which comes from international visitors and 70% from domestic tourism spending. The total contribution of travel and tourism represents 9.7% of GDP and supports 2.9 million jobs (10.9% of employment) in the country.[1] Tourism contributes significantly to the balance of payments."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_France

Point was that tourists contribute significantly to a country's wealth , figures are not so important.

“I commend the work of Imran Khan and his team and the PTI for doing a fantastic job promoting tourism.”
What's are the steps taken to promote tourism? UK saying steps are taken, is not enough!
As well i don't see Brit Air any where in Pakistan yet!

Just checked other sites , the french earn 60 b usd per annum from foreign tourists every year.
I doubt the Indian figures of 24 b usd are accurate. , since we are a much cheaper country with one sixth arrivals.

Just checked other sites , the french earn 60 b usd per annum from foreign tourists every year.
I doubt the Indian figures of 24 b usd are accurate. , since we are a much cheaper country with one sixth arrivals.
RBI reports them every year. They are accurate. India is one country where per capita spending by a foreign tourist is the highest.

You can check Indian ministry website.

I deliberately quoted international french numbers. Their total including domestic is 70 b usd.
Bhai I know that. France is making money. We want to make money also but in a good way. I dont our kids to be around alcohol and drugs and prostitution. I also site like uch sharif should be better maintained and charged for properly. Derawar fort is crumbling. We have to have infrastructure and planning before we get million of more feet further eroding our history and culture

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom